Thread: STOP using Internet Explorer immediately!!!

1. STOP using Internet Explorer immediately!!!

If you are an Internet Explorer user stop using the browser immediately! There is a massive security hole in ALL versions of IE as reported by Homeland Security.

We highly recommend that you convert to FireFox or Google Chrome. Your bookmarks will be converted during the upgrade process.

Thank you for the heads up Randy! So glad I made the conversion to Firefox a few years ago!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I've been using Google Chrome for quite a while - Glad I made the change when I did.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I started using Firefox after your recommendation, Randy because Chrome had a bunch of security issues going on at the time. Internet Explorer is a mess. Firefox is working perfectly for me.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

I have no idea about these things . . . Is Safari part of IE?

ETA: Am I right that IE is only for PC? I have a mac so I'm guessing I'm ok?
    ~Kelly

6. Yes, Kelly, IE is only for PC / Windows based systems. Safari is not part of it.
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

I am so glad to be using Firefox myself! I converted everybody but hubby has to use IE to use the Hospital program, which is the most absurd thing ever!!!! Can you believe all hospital records are stored online now and they are using the crummiest browser out there?? Scary!!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Anke...yes that is scary. Makes you wonder who is managing their IT department, doesn't it?
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

9. Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    I have no idea about these things . . . Is Safari part of IE?

ETA: Am I right that IE is only for PC? I have a mac so I'm guessing I'm ok?
    Yes, you are fine. BTW, Katie has had issues with Safari and now uses FireFox for the Mac.

Anke, IE used to be The Standard, and getting big systems changed costs $$s. Sadly, hospital administrators don't always see or can convince their boards of the foolishness of keeping outdated systems like XP.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

OK - I've been a loyal IE user..... HOW do I get ALL my bookmarks to convert to Firefox or Chrome???
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

12. Quote Originally Posted by blhdvm View Post
    OK - I've been a loyal IE user..... HOW do I get ALL my bookmarks to convert to Firefox or Chrome???
    During the install process of the new browser it will ask you if you want to import bookmarks. Just say yes and in they come automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Faefester View Post
    Anke...yes that is scary. Makes you wonder who is managing their IT department, doesn't it?
    Sadly, Randy was not available.
    Thanks for looking out for us, Randy.
    ~Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerDigitals View Post
    During the install process of the new browser it will ask you if you want to import bookmarks. Just say yes and in they come automatically.
    So if Firefox or Chrome are already installed (you just haven't used them much) is there a way to import those bookmarks??
    And for the record - I also APPRECIATE your knowledge and help!!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

15. Quote Originally Posted by blhdvm View Post
    So if Firefox or Chrome are already installed (you just haven't used them much) is there a way to import those bookmarks??
    And for the record - I also APPRECIATE your knowledge and help!!
    Very welcome. Yes, just select the options in Bookmarks to Export to HTML. Then in the other browser Import from HTML and in they come. You might have to do some organizing but not much work there

16. Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Sadly, Randy was not available.
    Thanks for looking out for us, Randy.
    Welcome.

We are still on IE at work (government dept) go figure! And XP at that! About to have a complete refit of computers and programs throughout the state but still waiting.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Thanks for the links, I switched over to Firefox, so all should be well now!!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Thank you Randy!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Using Chrome here and happy with it. Thanks for the heads up. I will tell dh who is old-fashioned and won't budge from IE on his laptop.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

21. Saw this on the news yesterday and we both switched to Firefox, Jim asked what to switch to and I told him FF on your recommendation a while back....we both really like it!! So....want to come visit and move my xp computer over to a 7?
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

22. Quote Originally Posted by kathie02 View Post
    So....want to come visit and move my xp computer over to a 7?
    Sure... The problem is that your XP machine cannot handle 7. It would be soooooo slow that you would be very frustrated. You NEED to move off of XP and your best bet is to just get a new machine. I run 7 64 bit and am happy with that. I DO NOT like 8 or it's versions at all and will never move to it. I've been reading that the new CEO of Microsoft is moving the company from Windows operating systems to cloud computing. Interesting to see where that goes...

23. Quote Originally Posted by DesignerDigitals View Post
    Sure... The problem is that your XP machine cannot handle 7. It would be soooooo slow that you would be very frustrated. You NEED to move off of XP and your best bet is to just get a new machine. I run 7 64 bit and am happy with that. I DO NOT like 8 or it's versions at all and will never move to it. I've been reading that the new CEO of Microsoft is moving the company from Windows operating systems to cloud computing. Interesting to see where that goes...
    I guess I didn't explain myself very well....new computer w/7 is in a box in the storage room next to my office....i just need to find the time to make the switch....hoping sometime next month!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

24. Quote Originally Posted by kathie02 View Post
    I guess I didn't explain myself very well....new computer w/7 is in a box in the storage room next to my office....i just need to find the time to make the switch....hoping sometime next month!!
    Great! I was afraid that you were going to convert your XP machine...

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerDigitals View Post
    Got switched to FF, and my bookmarks moved - still need to tweak the organization a little! Thanks again!!

So - can you still buy a computer and have it come with 7?? I'm looking for a new laptop, but just haven't heard good things about 8. And "cloud computing" sounds mind-boggling to me!!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

26. Quote Originally Posted by blhdvm View Post
    Got switched to FF, and my bookmarks moved - still need to tweak the organization a little! Thanks again!!

So - can you still buy a computer and have it come with 7?? I'm looking for a new laptop, but just haven't heard good things about 8. And "cloud computing" sounds mind-boggling to me!!
    Welcome, not sure if you can still get 7 or not. Might have to order that and do the install yourself.