Thread: Exploring the Photoshop Artistry site and Dashboard

1. Cool Exploring the Photoshop Artistry site and Dashboard

There is so much content to this course that it is taking me time to discover all of it!

You know the cheat sheets, Sabastian gives us after many of the videos? Well, just today I discovered there is one page on the site with links to all of the cheat sheets so if you want to refer back to them you don't have to click on each module to find the one you want. I like that I can refer back to the steps without watching the whole video over again. (Although, believe me, I have watched several videos more than once!)

http://photoshopartistry.kajabi.com/...heat-sheets--4

What have you discovered about the site we might not know? Let's share what we are learning about what this course offers us in addition to the videos. What are you liking best about the course?
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Thanks Merrilee.... To get them all at once would be great! I have been so busy with work that I find it hard to move past where I am. I start something and just hit save and play with it when time allows. I hated our long winter but it did leave me more time to play! I cant wait to take what I've learned and apply it to my scrapbook pages. Although I am enjoying the artistry of these lessons!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Thank you so much

Thanks, Merr! I have made sure to read all that he has listed under each video as there are hints for PSE users as well as extra content that he might add after the video has been made.
    ~Kelly

Great thread, Merr! I am loving that I can use the techniques as little or as much as I want on a page. The class really does apply to every style. I also have found that there is a separate page on Flickr for every challenge. There is great inspiration in those galleries!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Totally enjoying the course... contemplated for a long time but so glad I jumped in. Thanks for this link... I did create a folder for the individual cheat sheets but this will be most helpful. Spent the last two days (couple hours each day before overload hit) just getting familiar with the process and concentrating on Mod 1... such a wealth of info. I know that PS offers so much more than I will ever comprehend... I'm like a kid in a candy shop... such fun. Thanks again for the help Merr.

7. I just love thinking of all my DD friends who are taking the course at the same time. The special gallery Katie gave us is giving me inspiration from you all. I know many are waiting for a good time to start the lessons when they are not as busy. That's what convinced me to sign up now, too. There is enough content to keep me learning for several months and maybe more! I like that there are no deadlines for watching the videos and I can watch them over again as needed.

Joanne, I found the separate page you mentioned at Flickr where people have posted their challenge assignments. That's cool! I've only done the first challenge because I am still doing the practice assignments Sebastian suggests at the end of each video. I can't believe how much there is I could practice!

Now, if only someone will tell me how to get my housework done in record time! I have been neglecting the house while I watch the videos. We have had a cool spring, so, it's been a good time for me to cover as much as possible of the course before it is time to work in the garden.
    Merrilee

I think time is a big factor for all of us. I just looked around the house today and thought to myself I really need to put the computer away and tidy up!!!
    Kathryn~

I've been able to get through Module one, but don't have much time to practice yet. There is so much to learn in this course, that it is a bit overwhelming. I've downloaded all the materials, but I think that I need to spend some focused time with the cheatsheets to go through each one. I know that I learn best by doing, so practice is what I need. I particularly like learning all the keyboard shortcuts that he mentions. It is making my workflow in PS go much faster these days!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

10. Quote Originally Posted by sterkeurs View Post
    I've been able to get through Module one, but don't have much time to practice yet. There is so much to learn in this course, that it is a bit overwhelming. I've downloaded all the materials, but I think that I need to spend some focused time with the cheatsheets to go through each one. I know that I learn best by doing, so practice is what I need. I particularly like learning all the keyboard shortcuts that he mentions. It is making my workflow in PS go much faster these days!
    Oh, I'm the same, Sarah. I have to practice or the learning doesn't stick! I'm learning to use keyboard shortcuts, too. It's all useful information! I love the course.
    Merrilee

I've bookmarked the Cheat Sheet page - so nice to be able to find them all in one place! Thanks for posting it! I'm still in Module One and rewatching some of the videos. I tried to post in flickr and got lost somehow. I need a quick course in navigating Flickr! LOL
    Julie

Hi All
    So glad to have this thread and the gallery for the course. I have never posted to flicker, and am unsure if I will. knowing I can post here is a great relief, as I am used to courses like Jana's with dedicated community where I can get support and some feedback, and I was finding that I missed this aspect in Sebastian's course. DD is such a supportive and comfortable environment for me to ask questions and to post my efforts. I am still working with Module 1, and trying out some of the techniques. I also struggle to marry the type of layouts Sebastian does with my scrapbook priorities - mainly to record family events and family photos. I do't know that I want to work so much with stock photos or nature photos too much. Was glad to use a photo of my dd which I extracted and used in an 'artsy' style layout for my first effort. i am off to the DD gallery to see how the rest of you are applying the techniques (which I LOVE learning!) with scrapbook pages - looking for inspiration.

I agree Jaycee that some of what he is suggesting isn't what I plan to do. I really don't need any more stock images etc because I have a lot of GB of my own photos and even more of digi supplies! I'm not looking for photos to make art; I want to make art (sometimes!) out of my own images and supplies. It's the memory keeping aspect that's my priority.

I may finally venture into Module 2 this weekend!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Keep in mind, Sebastian's course did not start out for scrapbookers. This is a photoshop artistry course. He has just recently "discovered" the digital scrapbooking world and has made an effort to try and adapt his course so that scrapbookers might have another artistic outlet for their scrapping. I don't consider myself a "traditional" scrapper really, and was thrilled to find this course. It's more about learning new techniques and applying them to our scrapbooking pages. Like Sebastian said in another thread:

... "grunge" doesn't have to be "grungy." (LOL) I deliberately call the style "grunge" because I wanted to get photographers out of the mindset of always needing things to be so perfect and pretty. Think of "grunge" instead as: "ARTISTIC." That is really the better word for what I love most in Photoshop and Elements ? that you can create ARTISTIC compositions, rather than simply edit photos to make pretty prints.
    My hope is that the course will challenge you to become more and more artistic, take more chances, experiment more, and eventually develop your own artistic style.
    ~Kelly

Well,I am loving the course... I have learned so many shortcuts and need to learn more,lol. I think ,for my pages,he is making me expand and that is not a bad thing. I find myself experimenting so much more and it leads to growth.I love a day when I can say that I learned something new and then when I can apply it. I agree with Kelly,"grunge" does not have to be dark and dismal!! One thing the course is helping me with,is the ability to navigate more within PSE 11 and understand what all those buttons mean.. like any other course I have taken,I take some and I leave some.
    Pam

I agree with Kelly and Pam...I think that by learning the techniques each person can use them to fit their specific style of scrapbooking, digital art, etc. I lean toward an artsy, blended style of page, so his techniques are right up my alley. I do agree, also, that "grunge" does not have to be dark. I look at it as more "texture."
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

I agree! In learning his techniques I am using the things he suggests to learn what is possible. I like that it has made me step out of the box a bit. So many things I have learned so far can definitely be transitioned into happy scrap book pages and memory keeping. I'm enjoying the class so far and wish I had more time to do the challenges!
    Kathryn~