Thread: Question re: Photoshop Artistry

Question Question re: Photoshop Artistry

I hope this is okay to start a new thread where we can ask questions as we go through the course. Sebastian outlines how he sharpens his final photo before printing. He uses unsharpen, then fade unsharpen and gaussian blur then fade blur. I tried to find the fades in PSE11 and couldn't. Has anyone else tried this in PSE? TIA
    Julie

I'm not in PSE and haven't gone thru the class but right after you run an action if you hit command + F the fade comes up... hoping that helps you!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Julie, under the video he gives tips for Elements users. This is what is said for the video with the sharpening:

Note: If you are using Elements 11, you won't have Curves available, so you are going to want to correct color casts using Enhance > Adjust Color > Color Variations. And to sharpen your images using Unsharp Mask, you won't find it under the Filters menu, but rather under Enhance > Unsharp Mask.

To me that says this is how you sharpen with Elements (meaning you don't have the other capabilities. I searched my PSE11 and don't see anything for the "fade" section. Hope this helps.

ETA: You're kidding me? It took me 8 minutes to look it up and type? lol AND . . . I'll be trying that Katie. :O)

ETA: Well, I can't make that work. Sorry. :O/
    ~Kelly

Thanks, Katie and Kelly - I think it may be something we can't do in elements. I think there's an email to ask Sebastian - I might try that. If there's an answer, I'll post it right away.
    Julie

Julie...I found this tutorial online for Elements that might help. http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/20...ground-detail/
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Thanks, Joanne - I bookmarked the tutorial - it looks like that's a good way to sharpen/blur in Elements!
    I'm adding this today - Sebastian sent out an email with a link to a tutorial by Phil Steele and some free actions to help with the blurring!
    Julie