Thread: Your Goal?

Your Goal?

I am just curious about the goals each of you have with this course.
    I need to re-learn and learn more skills in PSE12, and I would really like to be able to do a digital art journal.
    I think this course will give me the skills to do so. Sebastian talks about students being able to sell their art, and while that would be nice, I don't see that as possibility for me. But, you never know-in a year or two, I could set up a little wooden structure along side the road here in the low-country alongside the basket makers?!

So, what are your goals with this course?
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

I just joined cause you all did. ;-)

Seriously, I am very much wanting to delve into Art journalling and I think this is a great foray into a different style of scrapping. I see it a way of using some of my not so stellar photos and making them wonderful. And I've not long ago gone from CS2 the Photoshop CC and I think I might end up picking up things on PS that I didn't know.

Plus I get to play with all of you!!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

My first goal is to take the course! But that might have to wait a month or two until I am out of high school golf season and I can actually concentrate on it. But mainly I want to rock my photos! I have always been an avid photographer and have scrapbooked for years. Now that I have switched to digital, my creative inner goddess is screaming at me "Take the course!". LOL

So I am hoping in a few months I will join you all in posting some fabulous layouts and images. Until then, I will keep lurking and enjoying the fruits of your labor!

....and favoriting everything under the sun ...
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Camera: Canon T1i
    Lenses: Gotta look at them and let ya know
    Software: PSE 12 on Mac Pro

Well, my first goal is to finally get into PSE11 as I've been so so comfortable with 10 I've procrastinated, seriously procrastinated. It's those #%# actions in 10 that have been the only negative for me and I'm anxious to see how they work getting into and using in PSE11. Getting me to cross that bridge is a big victory for Sebastian!

Today I'm off to dog-sit for a week so it's PSE11 on the old MBP and this course for me. As I write, my digi stash and LR catalog of supplies are being updated on my little LaCie ehd plus enough photos to keep me busy.

Down the road, I'm not interested in anything professional either, but as others have said, I've already learned things I didn't know for PSE...e.g. using the number 3 for 30% opacity or 8 for 80% and seeing just how he uses the masks to erase. And that's just Module 1, Video 1. I've come to realize that with PL giving me some relatively clean and relatively simple layouts, I'd like other things I do to be more fun, more artsy. I may not go as far as Sebastian in grunging things up but I suspect I'll find my own comfort level as we go on. (btw, I have to smile each time I see his name because Sebastian was the name of our late, beloved Siamese!)
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

5. I'm glad we have this forum to touch base with each other while we take this course. Thanks for starting this thread, Valerie.

LOL, Carol, it was seeing so many of our DD friends deciding to take the course, that pushed me over the edge to sign up, too! I didn't want to be left out!!

My first goal is to keep at it a little bit every day and get through the whole course; to take my time so that I really learn from each of the videos before rushing on to the next video. I have already learned many useful tips that I didn't know about PS. I've never used shortcuts much. Maybe this will speed up my scrapping.

Down the line I would like to frame something to hang on my wall.

Most of all, I want to have the fun of learning new skills, especially using blending modes and brushes.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Like Carol and Merr, I followed my DD sisters here! Grunge is definitely not my style, but after talking with Joanne, I thought I might learn some new techniques that I can use in scrapping. Her pages are certainly a great advertisement for the class! I'm taking some other classes right now, so I probably won't have a chance to jump into this one until this summer. So much to learn -- so little time!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    Down the line I would like to frame something to hang on my wall.
    This is definitely on my bucket list
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Camera: Canon T1i
    Lenses: Gotta look at them and let ya know
    Software: PSE 12 on Mac Pro

When I signed up for this course in September my goal was to get out of a rut. I crave inspiration from all mediums and love to try different things.

Valerie, Sebastian just recently set up the "selling" part I believe. He was all excited about it and kept us informed. It seems that from the beginning he is constantly moving forward with this class. There was a different site in the beginning and he created the one that they have now to better serve his students. He is constantly adding stuff; videos, posts, freebies, etc... He really is dedicated to this class and to his students.
    ~Kelly

Well my first goal is to get just through the course in a timely manner. In addition, I hope it inspires me to take more photos and find inspiration in the everyday.

I'm not sure about hanging anything on the wall, but we are going to Yosemite and Sequoia Nat'l Park in June. That scenery alone, should be wall worthy.
    Terese

I just love to learn new stuff in Photoshop and am intrigued. If I come out of it feeling I have broadened my depth of understanding of this program and am able to use it more expansively I will be happy!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I mainly took the class to learn PSE better but I have to say that I am so excited to be spreading my wings in a creative manner. Life has definitely been lacking creativity due to plain ol life and a crazy turn in the road, and
    I need that outlet, always have , all my life!
    I'm not beyond hanging something I create in my house, my children's houses and grandkids dorm rooms...LOL!! If I can create something worthy enough to sell, I'm in. Looking forward to finding my creative happy place. And last but not least I decided to do something just for me, for a change!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

12. Hmmm. That is a really good question. I would like to learn to use more of the features in PS. I want to explore the whole art journaling trend. I love texture and color and this course looks like it will feed that need in a creative way. I want to create always, and digital is the way to go for me at this point in my life.
    This is an area of interest that I share with a couple of my kids, so we are planning several photo outings. We have been homeschooling for over twenty years (and still have another ten years to go) and my main goal has always been to instill a love of learning in my children and to give them the confidence and the tools to learn anything they want. Seeing me excited about learning new things is one step toward that goal.
    But, if I am being totally honest, I just REALLY wanted to take this course.
    So I am.
    I'll model self-restraint for the kids some other time.

13. I love learning and this course looks like it will really teach me a lot. I would love to be able to create artistic layouts that I could frame for personal use. There is so much that Photoshop can do and I have only scratched the surface of what it is capable of so hope to get right into it.

Sharon I so wanted to press LIKE when I read your reasons, particularly the last few lines. Good for you!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I have three goals.
    1. Learn to use photoshop more effectively. I fumble around a lot and really want to become a more advanced user.
    2. Like many of you, i also want to stretch my creativity beyond my comfort zone and delve into creating more artistic pages.
    3. I manage online programs and am always interested to see great examples of online education and discover new ways of engaging students.

I am utterly excited to get into the materials but am so busy right now that i will have to pace myself until summer when things at work slow down. I'm also thrilled to be inspired by all of you and can't wait to watch the gallery for your creations.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

I feel like such a beginner with PSE - I want to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone of simple scrapbooking and learn how to use the tools in PSE11. I almost bought PSE12, but I'm thinking 13 is probably on the way before long! In just a few days I'm finding myself more comfortable with time saving key commands and multiple masks. I was so worried that it would be too hard to follow with Sebastian using Photoshop, but it really isn't. He can do things we can't, but the idea that it's possible helps me think of ways to do it in elements! Also, I want to challenge myself to complete the course and do all the assignments instead of leaping in and then losing interest.
    Julie

Be sure and read the notes under the videos in each module. He tells things about PSE if applicable as well as things he might have thought about after the video was made.
    ~Kelly

I was looking for such a course for sometime. I wanted to learn more about PSE and try to sort out what I was doing intuitively until now. There was a time in my scraping "career" I was tring to do something like this, some artjournaling, digital collage etc. Now, I hope I will start do it more professionally
    Agnieszka
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

This class is perfect for you, Arte. :O)
    ~Kelly

20. So many goals, so little time! Learning additional ways to alter photos is a top one. I know I'll also pick up a lot of additional tips on using PS tools. And, BIG ONE, I really want to try these ides out to see if I can expand my creativity. I'm sure this adventure will be fun and exciting and challenging and frustrating (sometimes all at the same time). I look forward to sharing this experience with my DD friends who are also experiencing this adventure!
    Patsy

It's quite a journey, isn't it, Patsy? There is so much material and all of it excellent!!
    Julie

My goal is to turn my everyday life pictures into something special. I'm not a good photographer... I don't have semi pro gear. I just have my Idevices, a small compact camera and a bridge camera. I always use my bridge camera on automatic modes. I just don't have time to learn how tos with cameras. And these days I tend to grab my Iphone or Ipad to snap pictures.
    So really my pictures are everyday life pictures, nothing artistic and I think this class will make me turn them into something so special.
    Furthermore... i just love grungy style!
    Besides and even more important maybe, since I am a beginner in PS... I think it is a good idea to take good habits right from the beginning.
    Silhouette Caméo, Sewing machine Toyota RS Séries,Crop a Dile2, BIA
    Photoshop CS6, Elements 11

I was sucked into the class from all the wonderful inspiration in the gallery! And now I have to make
    time to get started. I still have other classes I've purchased that I still haven't gone through
    so my goal is to start and get through this one some time soon and then apply what I learn to my
    everyday scrapping.
    Sylvia

I've only watched the first video, but I can see that there is going to be a wealth of information here. I love to take classes and learn new techniques but find that they are over so quickly, I tend to forget a lot of what has been taught without repetition. So I'm really looking forward to the ongoing process of this class and building constantly on what has been learned in prior lessons. I want the process to be more intuitive, so I'm not constantly wondering which class I need to go and check on to find the technique I want to use, then spending two hours looking for and redoing the class again!
    Jane

I like the idea that the videos stay put and I can watch them repeatedly! I am already re-watching the first module!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

I was really excited when I saw Katie's post about this class. I've taken quite a few classes now in PS and feel like I've hit a bit of a wall. So for me, I really want to learn more about what I can do in Photoshop but I also hope to learn more about the design and creative process - take me out of my comfort zone so to speak and open my eyes to new ways to process and scrap my photos.

Simone
    Simone aka westchesterscrapper@gmail.com

My Camera: Canon 50D
    My Lenses: Canon 35mm, 60mm, 24-105, 70-200 & 100-400 plus Sigma fisheye
    My software: Photoshop CS6

I signed up for the course after being inspired by layouts, and recommendations from people like Katie. My first priority is to learn new skills in PSE. Like so many of you, I feel the need to 'grow' my scrapbooking skills, and I love new challenges! I have PSE 12 sitting here, and still not loaded while I work away in PSE 10. Finding out I could not press 3 for 30% as per instructions makes me realise I must get the new program up and running. Just worried I might lose my PSE 10 Organiser tags etc! Having to get my head around how to incorporate many of the techniques (if any) into my usual scrapbook pages. Unsure if I want to go down the art journal route (although I do admire this style). I know I want to use family photos for most of my scrapbook pages. Perhaps a canvas for one of my grandchildren might be a long term goal. Certainly not interested in trying to sell anything - for me scrapbooking is about recording family 'stuff'. Looking forward to hearing what everyone else is doing as the journey continues (Module 1 for me still!)

I just want to find the time to go through this course...

And while I do, I want to create awesomeness!!! Well, we'll see about that... I guess I just want to learn even more about processing my photos in different ways in PS! Might come in handy both for personal and professional reasons!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

My goal is the same as Thess's I don't seem to be able to go through a single video without interruptions.... I would really like to get to the point where I actually create something!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Finding the time to get it done is the biggest challenge. I get really into a section and then never get around to practicing what I've learned. I'm glad we always have access.