Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Photoshop Artistry Forum

Just put my first LO up and it's not fancy but I was happy. I played with all the blending modes and have a whole new perspective of what is possible. Cant wait to take some photos of things to play with. So happy I jumped in!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

It was too tempting to pass up! I'm excited to learn and grow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie88 View Post
    I have never taken a course before. Is this for PSE 12? I only ask and it probably states somewhere, but I find tutorials not very helpful if they are using a different version as nothing ever seems to be where was in previous versions. The course seems very interesting tho and I would love to learn some new skills!!
    Erin...He uses Photoshop in his videos, but talks about how to use Elements if it is different than what he is showing in full Photoshop. When he talks about Elements, he refers to Elements 11. However, I am using Elements 12 and have not had any problem following along. Hope this helps with your decision.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

OK - I'm a total pushover... Reading all you comments and seeing some LO's is making me sign up...
    I have NO idea how I'm gonna find the time, but I will somehow!!!
    Off to pay!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

5. Quote Originally Posted by thessh View Post
    OK - I'm a total pushover... Reading all you comments and seeing some LO's is making me sign up...
    I have NO idea how I'm gonna find the time, but I will somehow!!!
    Off to pay!
    Glad you both signed up, Thess and Linda!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Just got back from our spring break trip with the kids and saw this. Sounds like a great course. I just enrolled! Can't wait to start. Thanks for starting this forum, Katie!

7. Quote Originally Posted by DigiWendy View Post
    Just got back from our spring break trip with the kids and saw this. Sounds like a great course. I just enrolled! Can't wait to start. Thanks for starting this forum, Katie!
    Oh, good! Glad you signed up, Wendy!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Yay! The more the merrier!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Hi girls,

I'm really thinking of taking this class.
    A few things worrie me...
    Do you think that my English is fluent enough? I don't have too much issues when having time to stop on something that is confusing in translation when posting or when reading (like following Cassie's tutorials) but on videos... it's not the same. To give you an idea... It's not a problem to watch Glee or Big Bang Theory in English though (House of Cards is too difficult... I need the written translation!).
    I have to admit that I haven't read all the page concerning this class. I might have question for which the answer may lie in there...
    Is it CS6?
    Can you download the videos? If not can you access the videos anytime (like when i'll retire and have pleeeenty of time to take the classes!!!).
    Do you girls that have started the class spend a lot of time on the thing? I don't want to spent my money to realise that I have no time to watch and practice.
    Is it OK for beginners? I consider myself a beginner.
    If I don't understand something... is it possible to contact Sebastian to get help? (I know I'll find some here).
    Is it possible to join at any time?
    Also... I'm not very good at taking pictures. I often use my Idevice, my bridge camera is not very good and mots of the time I'm on the automatic mode. Can that be a problem? Or on the opposite... can this be a great solution to improve everyday life pictures?

Sorry to bother but I need the answer before I decide to buy the class beacause it was definately not planned in my household budget so....

Thank you so much in advance!!!
    Silhouette Caméo, Sewing machine Toyota RS Séries,Crop a Dile2, BIA
    Photoshop CS6, Elements 11

You have access to the video content and can pause, play and go back to further understand what he is doing. He also is showing you his steps as he goes along. I'm not sure if you can pose the question on the site where you purchase the class. I would start there! Hope it works for you!
    Kathryn~

Quote Originally Posted by jcaruth910 View Post
    Yay! The more the merrier!
    Signed in! I haven't cracked it open yet - I am saving it for some special time when I have TIME to sit and enjoy.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    Signed in! I haven't cracked it open yet - I am saving it for some special time when I have TIME to sit and enjoy.
    Brace yourself...you many never leave your computer again!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Me too. I started watching all the introductory videos and that's where I'm up to. I have to do things in order and as much as I want to jump ahead I am wanting to sit and really take it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Me three ...and its killing me not having the time to really pay it the attention that it needs.
    Kathryn~

I must have OCD!! I went through and methodically printed all the cheat sheets and started a binder. Now I just have to watch the videos in Module 1 again. Once doesn't seem to be enough!
    Julie

I've taken the plunge ... so this will be my summer project! Do you have any idea how I could download the videos from the website to my own computer so I wouldn't have to use the Internet bandwidth to watch the videos? So excited about the next step in my evolution as a digital artist!

That is a great question, I wonder if that can be done? I am going to be away from the internet often and it would be nice to be able to watch the videos-but I took a look and I don't think it is a possibility, but I could be wrong.
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Quote Originally Posted by DELISAK View Post
    I've taken the plunge ... so this will be my summer project! Do you have any idea how I could download the videos from the website to my own computer so I wouldn't have to use the Internet bandwidth to watch the videos? So excited about the next step in my evolution as a digital artist!
    Good question - you could email Sebastian and see if there's a way to do it. I wonder if he'd consider a DVD of the videos for an extra charge . . .
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by DELISAK View Post
    I've asked Sebastian about that and ghe answered that it is possible to download the videos with an app like Roas Show to store them on a computer or on Ipad to watch them off line whenever.

Ok, I'll check out the app such as Roas Show ... thanks for your reply.

I can't find that app, are there any other suggestions anyone knows about?
    Valerie

PSE12

OK...everyone has convinced me to join too. Like some of the others, I may have to wait until June to start the class but the discounted price was too good to pass up. Thanks Katie for sharing it with us.

Along with this I signed up for the CC offer from Adobe-now I can go back and watch the videos again and set things up the same as the videos. But. lightroom is a bit of a mystery!
    Valerie

PSE12

Hi there,

I've misspelled the app's name. It was Road Show... but it does not exist as well.
    So I've looked for another one and here is the one I found:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free...599972246?mt=8
    It is a free app but if you want the full features like transferring the videos onto your computer or Idevice it is 3.59$.
    I have bought it and just tried the download process on a You Tube video. It works just fine. You only have to open the video with the browser that is integrated in the app and then a button appears to allow you to download the video. It will then appear in the integrated library.
    Very simple. i have not tried the full version yet.
    Hope it helps.

And by the way... After having answers to my questions from Sebastian whom I emailed.... I've signed in!!!!!!!

Valerie I'm the same, LR looks like another planet, that's going to be another learning curve completely.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I've spent a few hours the past two days and can't believe the wealth of knowledge in this course. Sebastian is an excellent instructor... just wish I had better recall in this aging brain. This is going to be such fun... definitely giving the lost mojo a kickstart... but as many others have mentioned... where can I find more hours in the day. May not see many posts from me but I'm certainly enjoying the process. eeeehhhhaaaa!!!!
    Carol

Thank youfor this -I jumped in the last day and I love it already! My LO this morning was from what I learned already

I pondered the question should I or shouldn't t I-- so glad I did it!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjrooney View Post
    Thank youfor this -I jumped in the last day and I love it already! My LO this morning was from what I learned already
    I am so glad you decided to join in! Your page is wonderful...you are off to a great start!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

30. Hi, everyone!

I'm excited to see you have a forum set up here for the course. I'm going to keep this page open and jump in now and then to see if I can toss in helpful comments or answers or suggestions where they might fit.

Really happy to have all of you in the course.

Keep in mind as you go through it, that "grunge" doesn't have to be "grungy." (LOL) I deliberately call the style "grunge" because I wanted to get photographers out of the mindset of always needing things to be so perfect and pretty. Think of "grunge" instead as: "ARTISTIC." That is really the better word for what I love most in Photoshop and Elements — that you can create ARTISTIC compositions, rather than simply edit photos to make pretty prints.

My hope is that the course will challenge you to become more and more artistic, take more chances, experiment more, and eventually develop your own artistic style.

I love the work I've seen on the Designer Digitals galleries, and I am honored to have all of you in the course.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

- Sebastian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast