Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Photoshop Artistry Forum

Cool Welcome to the Photoshop Artistry Forum

This forum is for sharing the journey as you take the Photoshop Artistry Course from Sebastian!

Please feel free to ask questions and share in the experience!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

yay! Thanks for starting this, Katie! If my computer stays up for a while I might actually be able to download all the goodies for the class
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Oh this is great. I haven't had a chance to delve into the videos yet, but have two long weekends coming up so that's a great chance. I'll definitely need to bounce off everyone.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Thanks Katie! Just doing the explanation videos right now.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Wonderful! This will be great!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Thank you, I thought it was a thread, but, no, it's a whole forum!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

WELL!!

I finished my taxes and took myself out for dessert.

AND NOW!!

I've been downloading and listening to Sebastian and pan some serious fun for my 10 days in Maine....

This forum will be a great way to share our journey.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Thanks Katie, this is great. I'm just in the intro too, but really have learned things already about PSE I didn't know.
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by kjvy-town View Post
    Thanks Katie, this is great. I'm just in the intro too, but really have learned things already about PSE I didn't know.
    Me too, Kathryn. I'm hooked!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Katie, you guys are the best! A whole forum for this class is perfect! When someone has a question and creates a thread, it will be so much easier to refer back to it this way. You are so smart!
    ~Kelly

11. I signed up too . . . and, can't wait to find some time to play with & learn from the class.

Hopefully I can sneak a peek next week and maybe delve into it in June. So happy that it is self-paced!

I love that Katie has set up this is a central place to see everyone's work . . . the inspiration will be fabulous!!!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

12. Thanks so much Katie for starting this forum...it will be such a great resource when going through the classes. I signed up but most likely won't be able to start it until June when life slows down a bit....until then I will just enjoy all the inspiration here!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

I think Valerie had a question about making the PSE 12 workspace look like Sebastian's, tho I'm not seeing the question now. (Am I dreaming about PSE???) In any case for those PSE11 users, I see that the panels can't be locked quite like his unless you completely create your workspace. I'm too lazy, right now, to do that so I'll wait til I'm more comfortable with PSE11 and see if it's something I need to do. I don't know for sure about PSE12 but maybe a 12 user can add to this.

Here's a quote from PhotoshopElementsUser on the subject. "Another change that may take some adjustment for longtime users is the way panels now work on the right side of your workspace. In the Basic workspace, which is the default mode, youíll only see one panel at a time. Panels canít be dragged off into separate windows as they could in previous versions. Instead, buttons at the bottom of your screen let you quickly switch between Layers, Effects, Graphics (formerly known as Content), and Favorites. Meanwhile, a second category of panels, accessed from the More button, only opens in a floating window and cannot be anchored. These include the Histogram, Info, History, and so on. If this new setup doesnít appeal to you, you can revert back to the old way of doing things by choosing Custom Workspace from the More menu."
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Now to find the time because I don't even like the dogs to interrupt me! HaHa! I love it so far and cant wait to work on something. Have you used some of your (done) layouts to play with and reinvent? I got my journal and charged up my camera...ready to go! Mad that I have to work instead of play!!!
    Kathryn~

Okay, I couldn't resist any longer. I bought the class last night but likely won't have time to start the modules until after we return from our trip in mid-June. Now a bad way to spend the summer!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

After reading all of what you are learning, and knowing I can ask questions here, I am going to take the leap. Can't wait to see your creations and join with you on this Photoshop journey (:

Thanks Katie! So nice to know there's a place we can all come for inspiration and support.
    Terese

So envious of you all doing is course! It's not on my radar just yet - I would need to upgrade my PSE which I'm only looking at doing when I upgrade my computer so that and the price of the course is way out of my budget at the moment. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing all the masterpieces you guys will be creating! Have fun and enjoy!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Oh Katie, thank you so much! This will be such a special treat! So looking forward to meeting up with my classmates here!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

not enough hours in the day!!!!
    Kathryn~

I am glad Im not so familiar with all the tools and where they are at...maybe setting them up for the way I like to work will be good. haven't done it yet though! Work is crazy..not much uninterrupted time!
    Kathryn~

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    I think Valerie had a question about making the PSE 12 workspace look like Sebastian's, tho I'm not seeing the question now. (Am I dreaming about PSE???) In any case for those PSE11 users, I see that the panels can't be locked quite like his unless you completely create your workspace. I'm too lazy, right now, to do that so I'll wait til I'm more comfortable with PSE11 and see if it's something I need to do. I don't know for sure about PSE12 but maybe a 12 user can add to this.

Here's a quote from PhotoshopElementsUser on the subject. "Another change that may take some adjustment for longtime users is the way panels now work on the right side of your workspace. In the Basic workspace, which is the default mode, you?ll only see one panel at a time. Panels can?t be dragged off into separate windows as they could in previous versions. Instead, buttons at the bottom of your screen let you quickly switch between Layers, Effects, Graphics (formerly known as Content), and Favorites. Meanwhile, a second category of panels, accessed from the More button, only opens in a floating window and cannot be anchored. These include the Histogram, Info, History, and so on. If this new setup doesn?t appeal to you, you can revert back to the old way of doing things by choosing Custom Workspace from the More menu."
    I did, but then I deleted it-thanks for this info, I will poke around in there with this info!
    Valerie

PSE12

Thank you Katie, this is a fantastic way we can support each other!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

It was too much for me! I couldn't resist any longer I signed up too!
    Can't wait to start!
    Agnieszka

This is right up your alley, Arte. :O)
    ~Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    This is right up your alley, Arte. :O)
    Yes, that is very probale
    A few months ago, I decided to sign up for a course to develop my interest and this seems to be perfect.
    So what's the money, you have to invest in yourself!
    Agnieszka

I have never taken a course before. Is this for PSE 12? I only ask and it probably states somewhere, but I find tutorials not very helpful if they are using a different version as nothing ever seems to be where was in previous versions. The course seems very interesting tho and I would love to learn some new skills!!
    Erin

My camera- Canon Rebel SL1, my Iphone 5S
    My lenses- EFS-18-55mm IS, EFS 55-250mm telephoto IS,
    PSE 12

Sebastian assures his students that PSE11 and above will work just fine.
    Valerie

PSE12

I'm so jealous of those of you that have already started to create such beautiful LO's. I hope to find a little time this weekend!
    Kathryn~

Thanks so much for opening this forum, Katie! We are all jumping into the course and learning from the first few minutes!
    Julie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast