Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visual Artistry Course?

This looks really interesting! Do you know if the videos are "closed captioned" for deaf people like me ... similar to the DD videos (that had the "CC" link at the bottom right) and some You Tube videos are set up the same way. If it is "closed captioning," I'll dive in! Thanks so much, ladies!

Okay I've joined! Looking forward to it.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by DELISAK View Post
    This looks really interesting! Do you know if the videos are "closed captioned" for deaf people like me ... similar to the DD videos (that had the "CC" link at the bottom right) and some You Tube videos are set up the same way. If it is "closed captioning," I'll dive in! Thanks so much, ladies!
    I've just checked and am not seeing any CC links on the videos Sorry Lisa, wish I had a different answer for you.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

4. Now with all of you CT's in the class I may just have to join in the fun! After you take a peak in the class feel free to come back and enable us all a bit more just in case we get cold feet. The fact that many say they learn so much is what is compelling. I've taken Kim Klassen's classes where you use a lot of blend modes and wonder if this is similar or more advanced. I'm always looking for new tips.
    Kathleen

also known as Katemac

This class does look and sound interesting! I just need more hours each day!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Okay I've joined! Looking forward to it.
    Yippee!!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Quote Originally Posted by kdif View Post
    Now with all of you CT's in the class I may just have to join in the fun! After you take a peak in the class feel free to come back and enable us all a bit more just in case we get cold feet. The fact that many say they learn so much is what is compelling. I've taken Kim Klassen's classes where you use a lot of blend modes and wonder if this is similar or more advanced. I'm always looking for new tips.
    Hi Kathleen....I've taken a few other classes also, but he definitely teaches some other tricks with them. The class is not so advanced that it becomes frustrating. He's very good at explaining the techniques he teaches.
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Oh ladies we have created a monster here I think! lol! The class is very compelling . I don't know if I have enough hours in the day either!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

I'm still on the fence because I know this would have to take dedicated 'study' time for me. How much else can I eliminate from my life for it now is the question???? I know things I'd like to push overboard but... LOL.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Ok Katie, thanks so much for checking. After seeing so many fabulous layouts in the gallery, I probably will give this a try anyway. :-)

I'm in and I have spend the past few hours downloading! I have listened to the introductory material, but haven't started the first lesson. I am almost afraid to go look in ACDsee where I downloaded it all- I also looked on the Flickr site and Facebook site, gorgeous pages/artwork, but after downloading, I can almost see how they did them. Well, not quite, but I am excited to learn how to make some of my photos into what I saw!
    You are all such great enablers!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Oh boy, I joined too
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I just signed up, but I'm not sure how quickly I'll be moving through the lessons. I usually work these classes at my own pace (read very slowly) and rarely post any projects because I'm always so behind.
    Terese

Don't worry Terese, I'm going to be slow as a wet week too. My problem is a join these things and then peter out after a while. This is too much money to waste, so I will slowly plug away at it.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

This is so great! It will be so much fun to do together!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

I signed up too!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Is there an actual forum, I've looked but can't find it? Yay Amy !
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Is there an actual forum, I've looked but can't find it? Yay Amy !
    Hmmmm...I have not seen a forum on the site. There is a Facebook and Flickr page, which I'm sure you already know. A forum is a good idea.
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

So exciting to see so many of us DD friends! I know that it is going to take me a long time to get through it all because I just don't have a lot of extra time right now. It is a bit addicting though, as soon as I started watching the videos, I kept saying...just one more!! This summer, I hope to have more time and will dive in deep then.

I don't see a forum either but I wonder if Katie would consider adding one here since this was a course that she supports and recommends. I see that there is a FB and Flickr group for the course, but not a forum. It might be nice to have a place where we can meet up and help each other through.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

BAD BAD BAD!!

SUCH enablers.

My finish the taxes present to moi!!!

Party on, girls.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

A forum-or at least a couple of threads here would be helpful, especially for those in PSE, I am already stumped about how to rearrange my workspace to match his.
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

22. Our teacher, Sebastion, says there will be a community side of the site in the future.
    I don't have the community side of this site activated yet, but I plan to soon and you'll want to have that stuff filled out when you begin to be able to leave comments on certain projects or challenges posted here on the site.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

23. Oh, I wish I could join you all. Sound so fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the results in your pages!
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    Our teacher, Sebastion, says there will be a community side of the site in the future.
    I don't have the community side of this site activated yet, but I plan to soon and you'll want to have that stuff filled out when you begin to be able to leave comments on certain projects or challenges posted here on the site.
    I didn't even see that, Merr. Thanks!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

ok, I've signed on!!

Can't wait to play.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Oh my goodness...me too! I'm in too !! Don't know how or when I'm going to manage this but while I was contemplating it, time wise and money wise, I received a rebate from at&t for signing up with them! I hope I can follow along ok. I'm not very proficient in photo shop yet! Oh well, LEAP IN AND THE NET WILL APPEAR!!! LOL you ladies might be my net!! #here goes nothin
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

I just signed up! I'm nervous and excited!! I hope I can do it!!
    Julie

Ladies, I knew nothing of Photoshop, but had no problem following along. I have to say this is the only thing I use photoshop for so far as I'm very loyal to my PSE. :O) I can't wait to see everyone's pages from this class. I have a feeling the gallery is going to be full of a totally new kind of inspiration very soon. :O)
    ~Kelly

As my mother used to say...If everyone else jumped off the bridge, would you jump off too?!?!? She of course wanted me to say No, but I always answered.. Well, they must know something I don't know, so yes, I'd jump.

If everyone signed up for a class, would I? Yep, gonna sign up tomorrow because we're going out in a bit and I KNOW I'd rather stay home and play! In fact, it's tempting to play sick tonight.... Baaad!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Just popped in and I am so excited to see more of you signing up. It will be nice to have everyone's opinions on the class and we can learn from each other. I can't wait to see the pages in the Gallery!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast