Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visual Artistry Course?

Oh my gosh I love that we will all be creative together, our heads are going to explode! In a good way of course!!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    Our teacher, Sebastion, says there will be a community side of the site in the future.
    I don't have the community side of this site activated yet, but I plan to soon and you'll want to have that stuff filled out when you begin to be able to leave comments on certain projects or challenges posted here on the site.
    I saw that note, but I didn't catch a date, so I didn't know if it was an old idea or a new one! Already, I have learned a couple of things, and remembered many more, and I have barely started!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

It would be great to have a forum for this class or even a thread started where we can share and ask questions!
    Julie

4. I'm in! I am calling it education. My 17 yo, aka Pinkie Pie, is probably going to head into digital art in some form or other and anything to give her an edge with her computer skills is great - and I get the benefits of taking it, too Thanks for posting the info!

5. I signed up for the class yesterday too . . . I'm really snowed under busy for the next several week, so I am so happy that this is a "work at your own pace" sort of class! I love that it is 1/2 off.

For all of you young gals, you will find that a Social Security check really has it's perks!!! LOL
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

you have a destructive influence on me... or on my pocket. I was trying to be hard but it was too tempting. I signed up too!
    Agnieszka
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

7. Quote Originally Posted by Arte Banale View Post
    you have a destructive influence on me... or on my pocket. I was trying to be hard but it was too tempting. I signed up too!
    This is exciting to learn of more and more of us taking this class. I'm enjoying the class very much. There is so much to learn.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I agree, tons to learn, I have barely begun and I am already on overload!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

I'm so glad we are all on this journey together.
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Allright. NOW I am in trouble.
    I recall looking at this a few years ago and wanting to get it... but it's pricey.
    Now I am soooo tempted. Looking at Kellys and Joannes pages above... wow!

What I would like to know.... how advanced are the photoshop skills?? I consider myself fairly confident with artsy photoshop maneuvers. Will this course add to my knowledge???
    Can someone show me an overview somehow of the classes?

Thank you.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

I think from me the novice to you with more skills, all can learn and benefit from the creativity going on in this class. I've only done the intro and have learned so much and built a pretty big stash of cool elements to use. They do have a half and half pricing you can do> Come play with us!
    Kathryn~

Aino, I learned a ton in the first 2 modules alone, but then I am nowhere as advanced as you with PS. For me, this class is so inspiring and so full of ideas and such that I can't see how anyone wouldn't be pleased with it. I do understand the cost though. Trust me, I shocked myself when I purchased it at half price, but then I'm very good at justifying purchases after the fact. :O)

The info link really does tell it best.
    http://fineartgrunge.com/half-off/?orid=5948&opid=1
    ~Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    Allright. NOW I am in trouble.
    I recall looking at this a few years ago and wanting to get it... but it's pricey.
    Now I am soooo tempted. Looking at Kellys and Joannes pages above... wow!

What I would like to know.... how advanced are the photoshop skills?? I consider myself fairly confident with artsy photoshop maneuvers. Will this course add to my knowledge???
    Can someone show me an overview somehow of the classes?

Thank you.
    Aino...I agree with Kelly. I have taken a few classes here and there, and I work in Elements 12. This class has a few things in it that I already knew, however, there are some tricks and shortcuts, and stuff that I just did not know about what I thought I knew about. (If that makes sense) The fact that you can go back and revisit the lessons is another perk too. This seems like it is right up your alley. I would love to see you join in and see what you create! Purely selfish on my part, I know
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Thank you ladies! I slept on it and I woke feeling excited - which pretty much sums it up. The next problem is..... where can I buy some TIME ???? Preferably at halfprice!!!
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

15. I started this class last Fall and find it very distracting. lol I was so excited to see this thread and especially to see the gallery! The class really is so inspiring and it will be wonderful to see everyone's work.

16. Well, I jumped in and signed up. I went through the two introductory courses tonight. Hopefully, there will be enough time to give it the attention it deserves! So glad to have a forum and gallery here at DD - thanks Katie!
    Patsy

17. Quote Originally Posted by wvsandy View Post
    I started this class last Fall and find it very distracting. lol I was so excited to see this thread and especially to see the gallery! The class really is so inspiring and it will be wonderful to see everyone's work.
    Tell me about it!! I am fascinated by the possibilities and can't quit watching the videos or experimenting.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

18. Quote Originally Posted by ptabbert View Post
    Well, I jumped in and signed up. I went through the two introductory courses tonight. Hopefully, there will be enough time to give it the attention it deserves! So glad to have a forum and gallery here at DD - thanks Katie!
    Oh, good, Patsy!! It is so fun!

Aino, I'm glad you decided, YES!!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I have signed up as well. I have only gone through the introductory videos so far....life is in high gear at the moment, and there just hasn't been more time! But even just the intro videos did give me inspriation and ideas...in fact, I used techniques mentioned in those videos to create the background on my last posted page, Fun in the Sun. Can't wait to actually get into the meat of the course!!
    Connie

Quote Originally Posted by ptabbert View Post
    Well, I jumped in and signed up. I went through the two introductory courses tonight. Hopefully, there will be enough time to give it the attention it deserves! So glad to have a forum and gallery here at DD - thanks Katie!
    Happy to see you signed up, Patsy!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Quote Originally Posted by scullen2 View Post
    I have signed up as well. I have only gone through the introductory videos so far....life is in high gear at the moment, and there just hasn't been more time! But even just the intro videos did give me inspriation and ideas...in fact, I used techniques mentioned in those videos to create the background on my last posted page, Fun in the Sun. Can't wait to actually get into the meat of the course!!
    This is what I love about this class. The techniques taught are so versatile! Glad you jumped on board
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

you can see the artistry coming out in the gallery in everyone's posts.
    Kathryn~

23. Thanks Joanne! I'm looking forward to it - just need to find some extra time!
    Patsy

Too funny ...this has really snowballed! So fun! While I haven't got many pages done, I am really learning a lot! I had no idea about all these actions, Im looking forward to applying it to my LO's. Hey I've even mastered a couple of shortcut moves!!!
    Kathryn~

I finally jumped off the fence I've been sitting on for the past week and signed up! You are all such enablers!!!
    I do want to upgrade to PSE 12 from 10 before I get started on any of the modules though.
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by kjvy-town View Post
    Too funny ...this has really snowballed! So fun! While I haven't got many pages done, I am really learning a lot! I had no idea about all these actions, Im looking forward to applying it to my LO's. Hey I've even mastered a couple of shortcut moves!!!
    I fought the shortcut moves for a bit, but once I made myself use them, there was not turning back! He kept saying what a time saver they were, and it finally got through this thick skull of mine! LOL! No wonder my boys are so stubborn...can't imagine where they get it from!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

I am totally kicking myself for not signing up. I am LOVING all the layouts!!! I will wait to see if it comes on 50% again ( Holding thumbs) xxx
    my blog
    my gallery

Tools of the trade :
    Nikon chick D700 D200 D70
    lenses : 70-200;18-70 50mm 1.4 85mm 1.8 18-200 Flashing chick SB800
    macbookpro chick
    The chick needs - Nikon 24-70 2.8 ed & nikon 70-200 !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123