Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visual Artistry Course?

1. Visual Artistry Course?

I saw the ad for this class with Katie's sale email and I am curious about it. Has anyone taken the Visual Artistry Course? I would love to hear feedback on it. I've looked at it before and it was just too much money but now that there is a 50% discount offer I'm rethinking it. It still is pricey but I'm intrigued. I'm curious as to the quality of the videos and what we actually would be learning and wondering if it will be new things for those of us who have been digitally scrapping for years.

Here's the link for anyone who missed the ad:

http://fineartgrunge.com/half-off/?orid=5948&opid=1
    Kathleen

also known as Katemac

I treated myself to this class last September where there was this offer of 1/2 off. I had never paid that kind of money for a class before, but decided I wanted to try something new and gave it a go. I have gotten half way through this class and it is by far the best, most worth your money photoshop class I've ever seen. You get a TON for your money. Lots of freebies and the video tutorials are sooooooo well done (extremely professional). I am a PSE user mostly, but with this class I am able to try my hand a PS (although it works with elements, too). Sebastian is a phenomenal teacher, VERY motivating and I have to say has one of the best video voices I've ever heard. :O) There is a private flicker account for members of the class and there is a facebook page as well. He has challenges that are really fun and lend themselves to lots of creative ideas. He has recently created a site for selling your art as well. This is a pretty big deal. This is not a "learn it quick and rush through it" kind of course. He tells you up front 6 weeks is a good estimate of time.
    In short . . . Worth every penny.
    ~Kelly

I did this page for a challenge that he had specifically for scrapbookers. We were suppose to take a scrapbook page that we did and then using some of the techniques we learned turn it into a grunge page.

from this:

Screen shot 2014-04-05 at 4.56.52 PM.jpg

to this:

Screen shot 2014-04-05 at 4.55.30 PM.jpg
    ~Kelly

4. Now I want to do this! Looks fabulous!
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

5. Links are invalid, Kelly...would love to see your examples!
    Susan

6. I am so tempted! I was tempted by the ad in Katie's email announcement and now after reading what Kelly says about it I am even more tempted. Even at 1/2 off it is pricey. I'm thinking about it for sure. An early birthday present, maybe?
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I'm not lying when I say there is so much great content in this class! And it really helps you take the products we sell and make then into awesome art! That's one of the reasons why we chose to partner with Sebastian. If you've ever wanted to be more artsy, he'll get you there!

Joanne is taking this class too and you'll be seeing pages from her showcasing all the awesomeness!

Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

I've just started the class and it is AWESOME!!! I can hardly make myself get up from the computer. If you work in Elements, you can take the class also. You just need to have version 11 or higher. He works in full Photoshop, but has instructions if he is doing something that is not in Elements. There are videos for every module and what I really like is he has a PDF cheat sheet that you can download, so if you forget how to do something you can go back and see the steps without watching the video again.

I'll be posting pages as I go through the class, and linking to the items in the store that I have used.

As Kelly said, the class is half off right now. It is worth every single penny.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Sorry, Susan. I can see the pages, but not sure why you can't.
    Here is the first from my gallery:

and here is the grunge one:

~Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Sorry, Susan. I can see the pages, but not sure why you can't.
    I couldn't see them either so I edited your last post--sorry I should have let you know! :O
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Your page is so cool Kelly...I am really tempted now.

I just posted this page in the gallery:

This is what the photo looked like right out of the camera:

[IMG][/IMG]
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

I'm also really tempted but would also need to upgrade my PSE to 12 from 10. I'm just wondering if there are specific Elements instructions for the class or do you need to be able read between the lines so to speak?
    Jane

This is so tempting but a real stretch for my budget - I'm wondering if it will be difficult to follow using Elements even if he mentions what to do. Hmmmmmm - so tempted!
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieMae View Post
    This is so tempting but a real stretch for my budget - I'm wondering if it will be difficult to follow using Elements even if he mentions what to do. Hmmmmmm - so tempted!
    Julie...I am using Elements also. You do need to have version 11 or higher. It is not difficult at all to follow along.
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Quote Originally Posted by janedee View Post
    I'm also really tempted but would also need to upgrade my PSE to 12 from 10. I'm just wondering if there are specific Elements instructions for the class or do you need to be able read between the lines so to speak?
    Jane...When there is something that he teaches that can not be done in Elements, he shows a work-around for it. I upgraded from PSE 9 to 12 also
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

17. Sounds like a fascinating course. May just have to have an early Mother's Day present. ;-)

Kelly, you mention a Flikr site for "class members." Aren't these classes all videos which you can do at your own pace, or is there some "live" instruction as well? Is the Flikr site just exclusive for those who purchase the course? I can't commit to a scheduled class meeting, so if it is at your own pace with videos, I'm in!
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

18. Thank you, Kelly and Katie! Gorgeous!

Joanne, what a difference!
    Susan

Well now I am really tempted! I looked at all of the material earlier today, then thought it was too expensive....but....you ladies are making me think again!!
    Connie

Quote Originally Posted by jcaruth910 View Post
    Julie...I am using Elements also. You do need to have version 11 or higher. It is not difficult at all to follow along.
    Thanks, Joanne. I think this may be my early Mother's Day present!!
    Julie

Oh it sounds intriguing. Yes I want to know if it's a follow along at your own pace too? When I read up it said lifetime access to the videos or something like that. My problem with classes is I sign up, go gung-ho for the first little while and then burn out and don't finish the class. That's a lot of money to dip out on. Although I'm soooooo tempted if it's a follow along at your own pace.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Oh it sounds intriguing. Yes I want to know if it's a follow along at your own pace too? When I read up it said lifetime access to the videos or something like that. My problem with classes is I sign up, go gung-ho for the first little while and then burn out and don't finish the class. That's a lot of money to dip out on. Although I'm soooooo tempted if it's a follow along at your own pace.
    Carol..Yes, it is follow at your own pace and it is a 24/7 lifetime access to the site. It would be fun to do it together!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Tracy . . . what Joanne said. ^
    The flickr site is for class members only and there are also different flickr pages for each challenge so you can see what people did for a specific challenge.
    ~Kelly

All this talk of its wonderfulness makes me want to do this-I saw there was a 2 payment option. I just might have to stretch my budget, yet again...
    I just know that there is so much untapped magic in PSE 12 that I am not using; this might be the way to learn some great techniques.
    I took a look at the 2 payment option, looks easy enough, I will give myself a few days to think about it, but...
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Thanks so much for your response Joanne! Now I need to find a deal on PSE12!!
    Jane

These are beautiful examples! Would love to try this class!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Gosh this looks amazing! I've never even heard of these before. hmmmm....... very tempting! I agree Carol, I am gung ho in the beginning and then life seems to get in the way. It would be great to be able to access the classes at any time! Definitely going to have to look into this. Would be cool to have a few of us doing the course.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

These examples of your finished products are beautiful.. something to think about for sure!
    Kathryn~
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/digigrandma/doodlebanner1.gif

Come on Carol! I'm in...just registered. I need a study buddy!! This just looks too good to pass up.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

Quote Originally Posted by sterkeurs View Post
    Come on Carol! I'm in...just registered. I need a study buddy!! This just looks too good to pass up.
    Yay, Sarah! I just started a few days ago, so I'm not that far ahead of you. This will be fun!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast