Thread: Anyone trying out the new Lightroom Mobile App on your iPad?

1. Cool Anyone trying out the new Lightroom Mobile App on your iPad?

After watching a video about it on Terry White's Tech Blog, I decided to download the Lightroom Mobile App on my iPad. It's free to download from the app store and using the app to sync photos between LR on your desktop and your iPad is for free for subscribers to Adobe Cloud Services (including the Photographers deal for CS and LR)

It really works slick. I am not sure that I will do much editing of photos using my iPad, but, it is nice for getting photos taken with the iPad directly exported into LR from my iPad. I also may use it to show family and friends a collection of photos edited in LR on my iPad. I would think professional photographers would like this feature for showing their portfolios to a clients.

I may use this instead of the Photo Transfer app for transferring photos from my iPad to my desktop computer. I will still use PhotoTransfer for my iPhone photos.

Lightroom mobile is available now on iPad 2 or later, and works on iOS7 or later.

I would be interested in learning how others are thinking of using this app.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

I was excited to see that new feature, too, Merr! But I don't have an iPad!
    I have a windows tablet (Surface Pro) and have set up lightroom and dropbox so that it will sync the photos that I'd like to have with me from my PC to my tablet. But I have lightroom installed separately on my tablet, so any editing that I do will be in a new catalog on my tablet and not on my PC (unless I manually import it).
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

3. Thanks, Esther. All of this is pretty amazing and what I like is how easy they've made it for us to figure out how to get this kind of thing up and running on our devices. It's like magic to me when a photo I took with my iPad camera can be instantly transported to LR on my desktop.
    Merrilee

I was hoping it would be for the Iphone, I'm not sure that I will ever use the ipad to work with photos. I might put it on just to see what it's like.... it's a nice feature, that's for sure!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I'll download it, I still don't know how to use LR, but it might be a good way to learn.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

6. My iPad says my photos are synced and I've enabled auto sync in LR on my iMac but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from the iPad to the iMac desktop...and I'm not even technologically challenged! LOL!
    Patsy

7. Quote Originally Posted by ptabbert View Post
    My iPad says my photos are synced and I've enabled auto sync in LR on my iMac but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from the iPad to the iMac desktop...and I'm not even technologically challenged! LOL!
    To get photos from your desktop LR to the iPad, You need to put the photos you want from LR on your iPad into a collection and then sync the collection for it to happen.

To get photos from your iPad onto your desktop LR you first create a folder in the LR app and then select the photos you want in the folder. Then choose to sync them.

Hope that helps. I watched the video on adobe about using the app and I watched a video on a Terry White's blog.
    Merrilee

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    I'll download it, I still don't know how to use LR, but it might be a good way to learn.
    Me, too... just signed up for the CC and --wow-- I'm outta my league!
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Somehow Debi I put a pic on my LR screen on my computer and did something with it, now it don't know how to take it off the screen! Seriously I want a week off work to just sit and play.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

It took me a year gradually trying one more thing before I got an idea what lightroom was all about! It took me quite a few years to start using collections and get them syncing.
    Take baby steps. Please don't let your brains explode!
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4

Adobe have released a video to motivate you
    It is quite amazing what we can do now...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfh8EsXsYn0

12. Quote Originally Posted by esther_a View Post
    Adobe have released a video to motivate you
    It is quite amazing what we can do now...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfh8EsXsYn0

I recommend watching videos to learn LR. I am still learning after 2 years with it and I know I will never master all it can do! I agree with Esther, take small steps and give yourself time. It took me a long time to catch on to how LR works. I have purchased books and video lessons and played around and done things by experimenting.

One of the first things is learning how to import photos into LR, of course. Then, I started out simple with the editing to increase exposure and lighten shadows which I seem to often have in my photos. If that is all I ever do in LR I'd think it was worth it to have this software.
    Merrilee

Yeah but me and Debi want to know it all noooooooooow !!!! hahahahahaha Baby steps,bah! ;-)
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Merr, through your encouragement years ago I purchased the first gen iPad... it's still plugging along but I have recently been thinking about getting the new iPad air... and... you are once again enabling me to make the plunge... I've been reading about LR for the iPad and do believe this is a motivator to add this to my arsenal... recently signed up for the cc subscription and love being able to sync working files between my MBP and desktop... such fun..

I found that Julieanne Kost's tutorials for adobe on LR are the best way to learn... wish I had the link at hand but I would encourage anyone to google if interested... she is very good and the tuts really give me the answers I need...

Ok it's on my iPad! Now I have to learn it!!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

16. Good to know, Carol and Carollee.
    Merrilee

I had downloaded it for my desktop but after reading the posts, and checking it, I see I'll have no use for it since I'm not on Adobe's CC. I don't think that's going to happen for me either. Oh well...can't have it all!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5