Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite fonts?

Favorite fonts?

I was just wondering what some of your favorite fonts were...I tend to use the same ones each time and I am especially addicted to a good typewriter font and have several. What are your favorite fonts?

I like typewriter fonts as well, and I seem to be always looking for script fonts. I love the old looking ones like Jane Austin, Jefferson and Saint Andrew's Queen.
    ~Kelly

3. I use Avenir and Avenir 45 often for journal text.

Also like Calflisch Script Pro for a script font.

Katie's Pencil Thin Font is nice, too!
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ducts_id/12123
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

My go-to handwriting fonts are FG Jayne, FG Jayne Print and FG David. I also like Liorah BT for script.
    Beckie

My go to fonts for journalling are: Junction (I love that one and it prints really well) and Century Gothic (just because I like how clear it is). And for script I'm liking Pea Olsen which I'm using on my 50 before 50 page, I think I saw that on one of Kelly's pages and really liked it.

Back in the early days I went nuts with fonts, but now I just stick to the chosen few it seems, despite having hundreds of fonts.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Thanks for the suggestions- many of these I do not have! And let me tell you, I have a lot LOL. Can be so exhausting going thru them all...I think I need to pare it down a bit O

I think I have more fonts than I can ever hope to use. My favourite typewriter fonts are Splendid 66 and Olivetti Type 2. I tend to pair one of those with either Century Gothic or Bebas. I use them a lot. When I don't use those, I tend to mix it up a bit.
    Trace

Great thread Lacey! I'm not sure what my faves are called so I'll be back once I've had chance to check!

Thanks to everyone for their info too - I'll be checking some of them out because I always see gorgeous fonts in the gallery!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

9. LIke Carol, I enjoy using Pea Olson and Century Gothic . . . and like Merrilee, I love Avenir and Avenir45. I find that I use Arial and a few typewriter fonts quiet often . . . Mom's Font & Morgan are favorites because they are a backhand handwritten font similar to my own handwriting.

Good question . . . I'm getting some ideas of new fonts. (I really, really need to trash loads of old fonts before loading new ones into my Font Book!!)
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

10. my current go-to font is Amatic (an all-caps font). also, for project life i use a lot of Candara, because there are European symbols included and I need all those funky vowels sometimes.
    i just finished up my Christmas album (2012,...ahem) and I used Jenna Sue (very scripty...more decorative than readable) for the journalling and Katie's pencil thin font for all my titlework (totally love!).
    Otherwise, I use a lot of typewriter fonts.

heather

I love Scriptina! And now I am hooked on the typewriter fonts!
    Lisa
    SE Michigan

Camera: Canon T1i
    Lenses: Gotta look at them and let ya know
    Software: PSE 12 on Mac Pro

12. Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    I like typewriter fonts as well, and I seem to be always looking for script fonts. I love the old looking ones like Jane Austin, Jefferson and Saint Andrew's Queen.
    You might like this one, Kelly, I just found at dafont: "Angelique ma douce Colombe."
    Francine

My Gallery

Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Gear: Nikon D50 w/28-80 mm, 70-300 Tamron lenses
    Lightroom 3

13. What a great thread. I'm always admiring fonts used in the pages here and often wonder what the names of them are.
    I tend to use the plain'ol Arial for journaling, sometimes in italic. I like Elegance and TXT LongHand for accent words, but the one I use the most for accents is Rage Italic. I also use Courier New for the fine print.
    Hope to see a lot more posts here so I can do some browsing.
    Brenda

Francine, I love that font, Thank you! :O)

Liz, I've downloaded Splendid 66 what a great typewritter font. Love that it has a thin version. :O)
    I'm a big fan of Aviner for vacation books, Merr.

And, I'm so glad you guys mentioned Katie's fonts. I use those in a lot of my art journal pages. :O)
    ~Kelly

15. Lacey this is a great link.... I've been making little 4 x 6 cards for my favorites this is one of them.
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

Great thread! I just got a new computer so took the chance to explore some new fonts and came across these ones:

Porcelain
    Pastel crayon
    Chunk five
    steelfish
    Christopher hand

One my challenges is finding the font that suits the mood I am going for on a page. I really struggle with fonts. I probably should create some kind of guide for myself.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

Sarah, I sometimes spend as much time finding the right font for my page as I did creating the page itself. :O/
    ~Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Sarah, I sometimes spend as much time finding the right font for my page as I did creating the page itself. :O/
    Me too! I think part of it is having too many fonts. I wish photoshop had an option to star fonts so I could only have my favorites up most of the time...

But heaven forbid that I get rid of any of them
    Beckie

Waaaaah, dafont is down at the moment, it says "in maintenance". I want to know if I need the angelique la doo de dah font too.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

My favorite typewriter fonts are Bohemian Typewriter and F25 Executive.

For script, I like English, and for and old-timey look, I like Jane Austen.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

21. Linda,

I love the look of English, but do you know where it is available as a free download without having to download a site specific unzip program?

Thanks!
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmatazz View Post
    Linda,

I love the look of English, but do you know where it is available as a free download without having to download a site specific unzip program?

Thanks!
    Tracy, I get a lot of my fonts from dafont.com -- not sure if this is where I got English, however.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3

lol Carol, if you like the old looking scripts then you'll love the Angelique de da de do font.

Off to look up English.
    ~Kelly

24. Thanks, Linda. I'll try it once the site comes back up.
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

I use Century Gothic when I'm too tired to look through my font collection for a new one!

My favorite Pea fonts are Pea Jay and Pea Sean. I am using Calibri on my Project Life pages. I love American Typewriter; it's so legible! My favorite free script font is Lobster and I have splurged on a few paid ones from Veer.com; Theorem, Semilla, and Fenway Park.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

You can download English free at fonts.101.com.
    Linda

I'd just like to say, as a fontaholic, I always label my fonts on my list of credits! I often get a pm thanking me for doing so, so may I ask that everyone does the same ? I have a quirk of liking an appropriately named font for a page or picture LOL A word of caution about downloading free fonts - I had numerous trouble with my computer a year or so ago,,,,, shutting down mid work, white screen etc etc,,,, in the end it was all traced back to several corrupt fonts and bad virus-y fonts!!!! I am now very fussy my font is okay before I confirm installation.... and I have no trouble deleting fonts that play up!!
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgirl View Post
    I'd just like to say, as a fontaholic, I always label my fonts on my list of credits! I often get a pm thanking me for doing so, so may I ask that everyone does the same ?
    Another fontaholic here, Mel, and I couldn't agree more about listing fonts in credits!
    Linda

29. Got it, Linda! Thanks!!
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

Mel.....I would agree about the safety of some free font sites. My son is always cautioning me about this. He says....." mom...how many fonts do you need...really" so I am terrified of getting a virus and then having to admit I got it while downloading free fonts!!! LOL
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast