Thread: The heartbleed bug!!

The heartbleed bug!!

How crazy is this bug! I just checked and there were SO MANY places where I have accounts that were vulnerable and our usernames and passwords (and other data) could have been stolen.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/which-sit...eartbleed-bug/

I've started changing passwords. Fingers crossed I can keep track of all these new passwords!
    What about you?
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

It is crazy, isn't it?! I've been changing passwords as well.... I predict I'll forget a lot of them!
    Trace

3. The best site to use for testing is ssllabs, DD gets an A- for our SSL service. I've been testing other sites as well. Some get grades of an F up to a B. We are one of the few A listed sites that I've found...

There are numerous reports that this is the NSA bug that Snowden reported on. Found by Google Security and other independent computer security firms. Glad it is fixed and other sites need to get this fixed as quickly as possible.

Scary stuff. I will check out the link.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

The ones that worry me are my Google and Facebook logins because I use them on so many sites. We rely on them so much!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Pinterest sent me an email today advising me to change my password.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Eek! How awful. I recently changed my email address and passwords everywhere I could think of.

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Yep, changed passwords and LastPass will remember them.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Thanks, Randy...that link is a great one to check out. I posted it to my FB wall as well.
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

I'm thinking of signing up with Last Pass so I don't have to deal with this again!!
    Jane

11. I've been changing passwords, too. (Instagram, Pinterest, Dropbox, etc)

good work, Randy! You are always as on top of things as possible.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

12. So my question is this - if I use Last Pass how secure is their site?
    Patsy

Patsy, check it out using Randy's link above...when I did this morning, it rated an A+.
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

14. Thanks Lorna!
    Patsy

15. Quote Originally Posted by jcaruth910 View Post
    Yep, changed passwords and LastPass will remember them.
    I guess that I'm super paranoid, but the thought of storing all my passwords on-line (especially financial) gives me the willies and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Yes, we now live in the age where strong passwords are required so here is what I do:

Every site that I use that requires a passwords get's it own. I use the Strong Password Generator website to make the passwords. Unless a site cannot handle the length I use 15 characters BUT do not include punctuation. The reason I don't include punctuation is that without that I can double click on the password in a text file and it highlights the entire thing. With punctuation it does not highlight the entire thing but stops at the punctuation.

I then store all the passwords in a text file on my machine AND have a printed hard copy in my desk in case of computer failure. Yes, it's a long text file but that's why they make the search feature in notepad. In the text file I put all the passwords to sites that I use the most at the top of the text file so no searching required.

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerDigitals View Post
    I guess that I'm super paranoid, but the thought of storing all my passwords on-line (especially financial) gives me the willies and I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Yes, we now live in the age where strong passwords are required so here is what I do:

Every site that I use that requires a passwords get's it own. I use the Strong Password Generator website to make the passwords. Unless a site cannot handle the length I use 15 characters BUT do not include punctuation. The reason I don't include punctuation is that without that I can double click on the password in a text file and it highlights the entire thing. With punctuation it does not highlight the entire thing but stops at the punctuation.

I then store all the passwords in a text file on my machine AND have a printed hard copy in my desk in case of computer failure. Yes, it's a long text file but that's why they make the search feature in notepad. In the text file I put all the passwords to sites that I use the most at the top of the text file so no searching required.
    I can't bring myself to use an online password storage site either. I use this method - keep all my passwords in a text file and on a printed sheet of cardstock on my desk. But I have never used a password generator program like that though - just words and numbers. I may have to try it out.
    Interesting about the highlighting - didn't realize that.
    Thanks for the tips!! Internet security gets scarier and scarier all the time!!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11