Thread: My Hermes Watercolor page

My Hermes Watercolor page

A couple of people were curious about whether or not I painted the picture of Hermes in this page:

Well, not exactly. I used a program called ArtRage Studios that came free with my Wacom Intuos Tablet. I've had it for several months and thought I'd try it out. I can not paint, draw, sketch or do anything free flowing like that. This program lets you do it ALL and beginners like me can just paint right on top of a photo. Being as picky as I am with my pages, I can spot several things that I would like to change or do better, but for a first try I thought it was fun.

BTW, I only painted Hermes on my page. The rest is all Katie.
    ~Kelly

Super cool! Thanks so much for sharing. I think it's fabulous!
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

3. Very neat program, Kelly! You did a great job on the watercolor painting! I hear you about things you'd like to go back and change, however. I do that with almost every LO.

BTW, how do you like your Intuos? I've been thinking of stepping up from the Bamboo Fun I have. Just not sensitive enough.
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmatazz View Post
    BTW, how do you like your Intuos? I've been thinking of stepping up from the Bamboo Fun I have. Just not sensitive enough.
    Tracy, I got the Intuos Pen and Touch and I like it. I really don't see much of a difference yet from my Bamboo Fun (I think it was really a replacement in their line), but my Bamboo Fun was acting up on me so I replaced it. I feel like I can make smoother lines now for doodles and such, but they still aren't perfect. I think I just need to experiment with settings for that. I did get several programs for free with the Intuos though, one being ArtRage, which I think I'll really like. Another freebie was PSE11. I had PSE9 and so I went up 2 levels for free. :O)
    ~Kelly

5. Thanks for the information, Kelly! I do get frustrated at times with the smoothness of the lines I can get with the Bamboo. I feel like a four-year-old because I can't draw a straight line ... or a circle or a square ... I would REALLY like a Cintiq, but just can't afford to spend that kind of money on what would essentially be a "toy" for me. Maybe I just need to keep practicing ...
    Tracy

Software PS CS6
    Platform Mac (Naturally)
    Camera Canon 60D

What I love is how well Katie's watercolor embellishments worked with your painting. It is so seamless!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Quote Originally Posted by esther_a View Post
    What I love is how well Katie's watercolor embellishments worked with your painting. It is so seamless!
    Exactly! I have almost all of her watercolor stuff. I love it! :O)
    ~Kelly