Thread: March Madness

March Madness

So who is filling out a bracket for March Madness? Keith and I fill out a bracket each year...even though I never know how each team is doing. I've lucked out the past few years and I've done better than Keith (but not by much).

Maybe one of these years I should have a little wager with Keith, LOL!!

So what teams are you guys cheering for?
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

What does filling out a bracket mean??
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Teehee, I just spent some time on Wikipedia being nosey as I had no idea what March Madness was. Sounds like fun .
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Yep. No idea here, either!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

March madness is really big here in the states. The top basketball college teams, in four regions, compete against each other. A bracket is a form one can fill out to guess/bet/wagger who will win each game. From 64, to 32, sweet 16, elite 8, final four, etc! I know of some companies that really get into this with their employees too! We watch a lot of basketball on the weekends this time of year!

You probably know what team I want to win...Arizona Wildcats. We beat Weber State today and will play again Sunday. Here is what the bracket looks like:

Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

OH! So it's like Aussie Footy Tipping but for basketball? Footy tipping is big here. Most work places have their own competition. It runs every week for the football season.
    So your "March Madness" goes for a shorter time?
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Yes, it runs this time every year at the end of the college basketball season.

We we also have Fantasy Football, but I don't know much about it. It has to do with professional football. My son, Matt does that.
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

I have lived here how long..... I had no idea what the heck that meant either, but then again, I am not a big sports fan...
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Each family member does a bracket in the Mallory household. Even Betty May had a bracket this year. Joe laughs and laughs when I do my picks. There is no rhyme or reason to mine since I don't really follow b-ball. I tell Joe there is sure to be upsets so he shouldn't laugh at my picks. We have a good time as a family each year with March Madness! I did pick Arizona as the winner this year. I hope they win, Joanne!
    Amy Mallory

MY BLOG

There seems to always be some surprising games! There have been several upsets already! I haven't check our brackets for a few hours....the last check, Keith was just over 50%, and I had only missed four!! We've been so busy we haven't watched any games yet this weekend! Hopefully there's a game once the girls are in bed!

I don't partake in anything like this myself but some of my work colleagues take part in 'Fantasy Football' which, I think, is very similar!

Good luck Kim, and yes, I think you should have a small wager with Keith! Why not?!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I don't fill out a bracket but I love March Madness! I am always amazed at the "Cinderella" teams (teams that are seeded low that upset the higher ranked teams). We are getting to the Sweet Sixteen and an 11 seed has made it over a 3 seed. Basketball isn't as big as football in our area, although Florida is a 1 seed this year I think.

In our college basketball, a player only has to play one year before he can go to the pros. The better schools tend to get this type of player, so there is a lot of turnover in their rosters year to year. Sometimes the teams with less stellar players get the advantage of playing together year after year and that can help I guess. There are always interesting upsets that disrupt the brackets!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

14. Oh, I have been in the same pool for over 20 years. I usually call it my "donation" as I have only won money once in 20+ years. This year is my worst bracket ever, but my team is still in the hunt. GO SPARTANS!!!
    wendy
    Along for the Ride

camera: canon rebel XTI
    software: photoshop cs5

Arizona has moved on to the Sweet Sixteen! Holy Cow, what a game last night!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

I'm not doing very well with my brackets... Go AZ!!! I picked them to go all the way! Most everyone else in the family picked FL.
    LoriS

My Gallery

Two of my final four are still in the game!! I have Louisville taking it all!! I usually pick a 1st seat, but decided to be different this year!