Thread: Disneyland, Paris surprise!

Disneyland, Paris surprise!

We've booked a 3 night stay in Disneyland Paris and I couldn't be more excited! We haven't told the children yet - we go on Easter Monday, so not too long to wait!
    The thing is I want to make the grand reveal special - I want them to know about a week before hand. Anticipation (like advent - is just as important as the big thing in my book!) I've even made a kind of Disneyland countdown calendar with Disney treats everyday leading up to when we go!
    The kids really *really* want to go to Disneyland - but we've said it's too expensive for this year! (and oh boy, is it expensive but we got such a good deal with half board meals) I can't wait to see their faces when we tell them! Any ideas for the big reveal?!
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

2. When I ran the Disney Half Marathon in January 2008 with a group of friends, the trip was a surprise Christmas present for Isabel. I made an album, I was a paper scrapper at the time. I used a Tinkerbell sticker, in which Tinkerbell was resting her head on her hands, and made a card under her arms, so that it looked as if she was leaning on it. In a glitzy sticker alpha, I wrote "make a wish" on the front and inside it said "admit one to Disney World" and the dates. I wrapped it and placed it under the tree. I could see her roll her eyes as she removed the wrapping paper and saw the album....but the look on her face when she opened the little flap was priceless...and I got it on film. Hope that you have a super time!
    Susan

Wow Georgina! How exciting! I don't think I'm very good at surprises but maybe get your suitcases out and have them help with the packing is a start?!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Susan - I love your make a wish idea! So cute!
    Georgina

Georgina whatever you do, scrap the reveal so we can see their faces!!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

How exciting - you'll have so much fun.

maybe a treasure hunt? They could look for a word at a time: We - are - going to - .... DISNEYLAND!

Oh Lynn, that is such a cool idea!! What a wonderful surprise, Georgina!! They will love it!! (Btw, every time I see your name I am reminded of the Five Friends Series by Enid Blyton, with the main character wanting to be called George LOL. Happy memories)
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Oh, wowee... this will be soooooo amazing!!! (Although I'm sad you aren't coming to Disneyland in CA... it's only 20 minutes from me! But, then again... I think I'd love to join you in PARIS! ) Anyways, I can't wait to see how you choose to share this with the kids! They will be over the moon, I'm sure!

ETA: So this sounded like so much fun, I just Googled "surprise trip to Disneyland" and came up with a few places/ideas to check out... maybe one will peek your interest!

http://www.pinterest.com/explore/disney-surprise-trip/
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/columns/how-t...prise-trip.cfm
    http://www.couponingtodisney.com/sur...-disney-world/
    Debi

My DD Gallery: beehive50
    My Camera: Canon 60D
    (Lens: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, 70-200mm f/2.8)
    My Software: Photoshop/Lightroom Creative Cloud
    My Platform: Dell PC w/Wacom "Bamboo" Tablet

Thank you sooooo much ladies! Some great ideas! Anke my friends all call me George and so does my DH. I however don't like Georgie very much ( I was teased at school with boys singing the 'Georgie Pordgie pudding and pie' rhyme!)
    Georgina

10. How fun! I agree that anticipation adds to the value of the surprise trip! A treasure hunt for clues is a great idea. Perhaps, at the last clue revealed there could be an item they will take with them, like a little notebook for recording what they do at Disney Land.

Have fun, Georgina! It will be so fun to see the photos you take!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Oh wow - how exciting! Cannot wait to see a pic of their excited little faces!!!
    Jenelle

My Gallery

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif