Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential oils...

Cool Essential oils...

...okay, we've been trying to eat "cleaner" and move towards more natural good health and so I've just gotten into essential oils

Who else is using these? Favorite sites for tips/formulas etc?

Do you mix them into balms? How do you used those?

Are you using the diffusers?

Would love to hear how people are using them!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Huh? Never even heard about them LOL. Somebody illuminate me please
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Katie I have a whole book of uses, recipes and such at home. I will try to grab a few tips from there for you. I was a manicurist for 20 years and used a lot of the oils in my services. They are so great for many things, each with their own purpose. Now if I can just remember where the book is LOL! Oh my mind sometimes!!! Its a challenge!!!!

My niece recently opened an herb shop where she sells organic herbs and essential oils. We stopped in one day and bought some essential oils and a little stone thing (maybe it's a diffuser). We put some water in the top and a few drops of oil and light the tealight beneath it. It really makes the kitchen smell wonderful. My favorite is rosemary. She also said you can clean your countertops with them by putting a few drops in a spray bottle. I think she said she uses lavender for that.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

My daughter is a consultant/leader for doTerra Oils and holds classes all the time. She is really into it and has gotten me start so I use a lot of them. I really do feel they are very effective. For Christmas she had made foaming anti-bacterial hand soap, hand-sanitizer, lip balm, and several other cleaners. I love them. I also use a couple for sleep, another for hip pain, another for headaches and misc. others for what ever comes along. I managed to hold off a cold a couple of weeks ago and just had the sniffles for a couple days! I use peppermint and lemon in my drinking water. I haven't defused any but Tricia defuses them all the time.

Here is a link to the doTERRA site:
    http://www.doterra.com/us/

And here is a link to my doTERRA site. (I actually am a consultant but don't do much - however it has some good information)
    http://www.mydoterra.com/discoverwellness/

and the doTerra Blog - tons of great information.
    http://doterrablog.com/

Here is another site I refer to frequently for answers to specific issues:
    www.everythingesential.me

There - that is probably way more than you wanted to hear!!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I have recently been introduced to doTERRA as well and I am in heaven!! I signed up to get the wholesale account and this next week I am hosting an introductory class! I purchased a book from AromaTools that breaks down each oil, oil blend and you can look up a symptom to see which oils to use and how to use them for the symptom.

I have spent some time on pinterest (I even have a doTERRA board). When I get a new oil, I search out what to do with that particular oil. I've been cleaning my house with the oils. It's wonderful...no chemicals. One of my favorite so far is to take a cotton ball and one or two drops of oil (I used purify but any oil will work just fine) and then I placed the cotton ball in the tunnel of the vacuum. The house smelled really good and clean!

I haven't heard of any great reviews from the diffusers that doTERRA sales, some other company makes them. I did order a diffuser on amazon, it should arrive next week. I am really eager to use it.

For those on instagram, look up theoilrn. She posts some great things on there.

I've become just a little obessesed with the oils!! I am so eager to get more and to learn more about them!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

a few more things, for those new to oils like me. To my understanding doTERRA oils are the only ones that you can take internally. I have started taking the Slim and Sassy each morning and my sugar cravings are gone. If I even eat some sugar, I end up feeling sick to my stomach. This oil also gives me more energy.

Each symptom will be different with how you will apply it, whether that be topically, aromatically, or internally. It is very common to use the oils with a carrier oil and rub it on your feet. Your feet have larger pores and there for get through your body faster.

I have about 20 oils and I have already found some favorites. Lavender. Wild Orange. OnGuard. Lemon. Serenity. Balance. And I have a long wish list already too!

One of my favorite mixes so far is Wild Orange and OnGuard. I also purchased a small glass spray bottle and I added 30 drops of each along with some distilled water. I am keeping it in my purse as a pick me up and antibacterial!!

LOL - Kim - you are my kind of girl. I use Lavender and Serenity every night - great to help with sleep!! I used OnGuard and Breathe to ward off my last cold. David uses Balance for his Meniere's unsteadiness. There is a recipe for using OnGuard for foaming soap and hand sanitizer - love the smell! I'll try the cotton ball in the vacuum - that sounds like a great idea! I have a few oil samplers in my purse so I can make Peppermint/Lemon or Peppermint/Wild Orange water at work. They are a great pick me up and satisfy so I don't want to snack as much!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Oh, Katie. You may have started something here. I've got pinterest open researching these strange exotic oils.
    ~Kelly

Sharon, please share the recipe!! I'm having so much fun experimenting with these oils!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Oh, Katie. You may have started something here. I've got pinterest open researching these strange exotic oils.
    Kelly, check out my doTERRA board!!

I have a box full of oils and mainly use them here in an oil burner. Is that what you call a diffuser? Not sure.

I have a book with lots of mix ideas for different situations - to relax, to assist with anxiety, to burn during a dinner party, for stimulating conversation, etc.

Despite all of that I tend to burn my fave combo of lavender/peppermint. Love that combo. I also pop a couple of drops of lavender in the final rinse when I wash the sheets/pillowcases.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I have the same - the oil burner. Some oils to stimulate the brain, some to clear the nose, some to help relax. Sometimes just because the house smells bad
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

LOL! I'll bring them with me next week I've been diffusing Happiness
    Find Me on Facebook

And I love hearing how everyone else is using them. They definitely seem to be gaining in popularity.
    Have been diffusing happiness and as the afternoon has moved on I think I need to switch to stress relief... oy! LOL!

Thanks for sharing everyone!
    Find Me on Facebook

What? You can diffuse HAPPINESS???? I'm in! Off to check out Kim's board.
    ~Kelly

LOL! Yes, I'm using Young Living... and I just saw a lot of these oils in the local health food store... can order on Amazon too! I'm going to make some balms filled with happy
    Find Me on Facebook

~Kelly

Now I'm curious!!!! Kim, the oil to take away the sugar craving sounds great! Just what I need!!! Is this a home consultant business? I may need to have a "party"... this sounds very interesting!
    LoriS

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
    Now I'm curious!!!! Kim, the oil to take away the sugar craving sounds great! Just what I need!!! Is this a home consultant business? I may need to have a "party"... this sounds very interesting!
    I'm looking into the sugar craving one too

And yes, a home consultant business... maybe Kim can host a virtual party
    Find Me on Facebook

I just finished off my bag of Carrot Cake M&M's so now I'm willing to look into the sugar craving stuff.

Here's a question . . . are the scents subtle for these oils? I'm one of those who has to run past the perfume counter at the mall.
    ~Kelly

If you are all interested, I would love to host a "virtual/online" party!! I'll get details set up and let you all know!! I can add some of my favorite oils to a thread and why I love/use them. I'll have my neighbor give input too, she's been using them for a few years and knows even more than me.

carrot cake M&M's??? I polished off Birthday Cake M&Ms!! LOL!

randy doesn't like them... he says they are too much for him.

and there are some posts on a FB page about oils that says people who are sensitive to smells can get migranes from them... so I wouldn't say they are subtle
    Find Me on Facebook

I just finished off my bag of Carrot Cake M&M's so now I'm willing to look into the sugar craving stuff.

Here's a question . . . are the scents subtle for these oils? I'm one of those who has to run past the perfume counter at the mall.
    Carrot Cake M&M's? Very interesting. I've never been a carrot cake fan, but my dad has me make it for his birthday every year.

The doTERRA oils are 100% certified pure therapeutic grade. Each oil has a smell and some are stronger than others. I'd say the strongest one is the Deep Blue. There's a Deep Blue Rub and it smells very similar to Ben Gay. I am a fan of smells (good smells that is), so I am super eager for my diffuser to come next week.

I have signed up for the wholesale account with doTERRA. HERE is my website if you want to take a look around. I'll get more info about the virtual/online party in the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by katie pertiet View Post
    randy doesn't like them... he says they are too much for him.
    Men are weak. lol Just kidding. They are quite sweet even for this sweet tooth. I'm going to refrain from buying the birthday cake ones. OMG just talking about them makes me want a snack! ACK!

I'll keep a watch out for the oil postings here. I am very sensitive to scents.
    ~Kelly

The fragrances are much different than cologne. They aren't artificially created "smells" but are concentrated from the actual plants. The doTerra products are all certified therapeutic grade and very high quality! A bit pricey but certainly worth it. Actually my daughter is building quite a strong home business and has learned so much!!

Kim - here is a link to the "recipe" for the hand sanitizer....
    http://doterrablog.com/diy-make-your...hand-sanitizer
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Sharon, I can do fruity smells, it's the perfume smells that I can't handle. I'm not giving up just yet. :O)
    ~Kelly

Sharon, I can do fruity smells, it's the perfume smells that I can't handle. I'm not giving up just yet. :O)
    You'll love the Wild Orange, Lemon, Lime and Grapefruit! I use the Wild Orange and Lemon a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by justbnsharon View Post
    The fragrances are much different than cologne. They aren't artificially created "smells" but are concentrated from the actual plants. The doTerra products are all certified therapeutic grade and very high quality! A bit pricey but certainly worth it. Actually my daughter is building quite a strong home business and has learned so much!!

Kim - here is a link to the "recipe" for the hand sanitizer....
    http://doterrablog.com/diy-make-your...hand-sanitizer
    Thanks for the link!! I'll check it out! I've been learning so much too! I actually follow three different RN's on Instagram that sale doTERRA. My neighbor has a growing business and loves it.

I have the account where I can sale it as well. If I do sale it, it won't be for the money. It will be to help people! I am in love (and obsessed) with these oils!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast