Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essential oils...

I'm the same as you, Kim - I can sell it but haven't jumped in with both feet. However, my DD would like to build it enough to stay at home and leave her current job. So far so good!! The products are really awesome and I love all the information on Pinterest. I learn so much and each one has so many uses.

BTW - my DIL made aroma therapy playdough with Lavendar for quite play before naptime! Wish I would have had some of that!!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

2. oh!! Love all the information in this thread!! I have just gotten started with the doTerra oils too. So far I have been using their blends and been very pleased. The smell of the ylang-ylang makes me happy!! I really love doTerra's Deep Blue Oil and the rub for achy muscles.
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    I just finished off my bag of Carrot Cake M&M's so now I'm willing to look into the sugar craving stuff.
    Carrot Cake M&M's ??????? It's gotta be said ... you crazy Americans ! ;-)
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

PS: Geranium and rose is a delicious combination, but rose oil is soooooooooo expensive !
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by kathie02 View Post
    oh!! Love all the information in this thread!! I have just gotten started with the doTerra oils too. So far I have been using their blends and been very pleased. The smell of the ylang-ylang makes me happy!! I really love doTerra's Deep Blue Oil and the rub for achy muscles.
    When I saw that my friend had ylang-ylang the other day, I had to smell it just because you had mentioned it!! LOL! It is heavenly!

Have you smelt Serenity? I got that one yesterday. Kira was so excited to try a new "Sleepy Oil!"
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Carrot Cake m&ms are so yummy!!!!
    LoriS

My Gallery

Wow-what a thread, I am almost afraid to tell my husband, the carrot cake connoisseur about Carrot Cake M&Ms!! But, it does sound yummy. I love the idea of these oils, I will definitely budget a bit to give some a try!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

8. Quote Originally Posted by katie pertiet View Post

and there are some posts on a FB page about oils that says people who are sensitive to smells can get migranes from them... so I wouldn't say they are subtle
    My husband uses them. I don't get migraines but most of them do give me a headache except for the citrus ones.

okay, say after getting lost in this thread why to I have the feeling it will be one of those days when the breakfast dishes will still be in the sink at dinner time? off to explore!
    Debbie

LOL! Carol that was funny. I haven't heard of these flavors but I will have to look for them!
    Kathryn

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Sharon, I can do fruity smells, it's the perfume smells that I can't handle. I'm not giving up just yet. :O)
    Oh Kelly, I just thought of another one you may like!! I can't believe I didn't think of it yesterday! CITRUS BLISS. It's an oil blend by doTERRA, mixed with Wild Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarin and Bergamot. The common primary uses are: calming and depression. They also have Citrus Bliss bath bar and hand lotion. These are all on my wish list!!

I'll make note of that one for sure, Kim. :O)
    ~Kelly

Ive been doing some research on these as well, and I am really excited tog ive them a try. It seems like every 3rd person I talk to in my "mommy" community is selling either DoTerra or YoungLiving. I think you can ingest either of these two companies as they are pharm grade. I might just have to attend your "virtual Party" Kim I feel bad asking any one of my friends here to host, because then what about the other 9 people that are selling?? LOL I would LOVE to have an in home party though at some point. Kim can you come to FL?? I do get migraines though so after battling one over the weekend, I am VERY nervous to even sniff one, LOL. I was actually thinking during the migraine "Maybe there is an essential oil for migraines!!"

Fun reading how everyone uses them and how popular they are becoming. My hubby says its a "new fad" now it's my "project" to convince him they work, LOL
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

I'm finding this fascinating. I do have some eucalyptus and eucalyptus/spearmint ess oils I got yrs ago from Bath and Body Works. I used to put that on my wrist when I was falling asleep (back in the menopausal days...). Neither are safe for internal use so I'd say they are not on the level of the ones you're discussing here.

Katie, I had to smile at the 'diffusing Happiness'. Isn't that what you do in your design work????
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Bailey - I ran across more information on migraines last night that really looked interesting. I'll look up the link and send to you. My DH has been getting them and though we use Past Tense for headaches, it doesn't quite do the trick every time for the really bad migraines.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite9711 View Post
    Ive been doing some research on these as well, and I am really excited tog ive them a try. It seems like every 3rd person I talk to in my "mommy" community is selling either DoTerra or YoungLiving. I think you can ingest either of these two companies as they are pharm grade. I might just have to attend your "virtual Party" Kim I feel bad asking any one of my friends here to host, because then what about the other 9 people that are selling?? LOL I would LOVE to have an in home party though at some point. Kim can you come to FL?? I do get migraines though so after battling one over the weekend, I am VERY nervous to even sniff one, LOL. I was actually thinking during the migraine "Maybe there is an essential oil for migraines!!"

Fun reading how everyone uses them and how popular they are becoming. My hubby says its a "new fad" now it's my "project" to convince him they work, LOL
    My understanding is DoTerra was started by former Young Living people. I know Young Living oils can be ingested. I have been doing Young Living Oils since last fall. I have eliminated a LOT of OTC remedies since then!
    And yes, there IS a oil for migraines!! It is called M-Grain. I rarely have them so I don't have that oil, but I did have a migraine yesterday that I fought with Panaway, Copaipa, Peppermint on my temples for the pain and DiGize, Peppermint on my belly for the vomiting, as well as Peppermint orally for stomach upset once the vomiting was controlled.
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

Well it looks like there is a lot of info out there and a lot of people using them. I'm not familiar with DoTerra but I have an excellent book on all things oil. Too many recipes and uses to list so I will just offer up the book for any one that does not know where to start or to get as a great guide for buying and using the oils. The title is 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy by Carol Schiller & David Schiller. I'm sure Amazon would be a good place to look for it. It has a formula for mixing oils for every use possible. Hope this helps!

Kathryn~

I use essential oils in a burner (diffuser) both at home and in the classroom. There have been a few cases here where people haven't followed safety precautions and have had bad experiences. Like herbal remedies of any sort - it does need to be remembered that there can be side effects to using them in some people. The following is copied from the Australian doTERRA website:

1. Be sure to use only 100% pure CPTG essential oils and follow all label warnings and instructions.
    2. If redness or irritation occurs when using essential oils topically, apply a vegetable oil such as fractionated coconut oil or olive oil to the
    affected area.
    3. Essential oils should not be used in the eyes, inside the ear canal, or in open wounds. In the event of accidental contact with the eye, dilute with vegetable oil NOT water.
    4. Do NOT consume an essential oil internally unless labeled with a Supplement Facts box with specific dietary supplement use instructions and warnings.
    5. Discontinue the use of an essential oil if you experience severe skin, stomach, or respiratory irritation or discomfort.
    6. When using on children, apply a very small amount of oil to test skin or other sensitivity. Do not use oil on a child's hand as they may transfer to their eyes or mouth.
    7. Consult your physician before using essential oils if you are pregnant or under a doctor's care or have other safety questions regarding
    essential oils.

I'm quite sensitive to some scents too, Kelly (migraines) ~ just have to be careful which ones I use. I think I'm lucky in that a small "whiff" sample will usually tell me if it's going to be a problematic scent for me.
    Sharon

I'm so in on the virtual party, Kim. Love oils, especially lavender. My yoga teacher puts drops of lavender oil on a tissue and places it on our eyes and under those eye mask thingy's when we do the relaxation part of class (which, no surprise, is my favorite part of class). But I tuck that tissue into my sports bra after class and carry it around with me all day - hope that's not TMI . I also use an oil called relax and rub a few drops into my hands before giving my son a foot massage when he's feeling stressed from school and is having a hard time falling asleep. I'm sure I'll be doing that a lot next year when AP classes start And I have a eucalyptus essential oil that I use if I'm starting to feel that a cold is coming on. I'll put a few drops under my nose and I'm in heaven (reminds me of Vicks).

Keep us posted, Kim!

I am still putting together the last little bit of what I think we need for this virtual/online party! The lady that would know the most about it is at the doTERRA retreat right now. So hopefully before the weekend is over. I have a paper that I may scan or type up some info for the forum. Life has been so crazy, I had 14 girls over for an activity today (see gallery).

Baily, for the migranes, Peppermint is what I have read about. I will check with my neighbor with what she has done for her migraines to see what has worked for her. I do know that 1 drop of doTERRA peppermint oil = 28 cups of peppermint tea.

I am the headache queen. I have had so many headaches these past few years. Ever since I have had peppermint in my home, and I feel a headache coming on, I just rub one drop of peppermint on my temples and I don't end up with a headache. I need to buy a second vial so I can keep it in my purse on the go! I always want it withe me!

I will be in touch ladies. I am working on it all, PROMISE!

Friends with migraines...

Here's the scoop. Peppermint and/or Past Tense. Past Tense is an alleviating roll-on mixed with Wintergreen, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Cilantro, Roman Chamomile, Marjoram, Basil, and Rosemary. It's a different smell, but works wonders. I used it once with a small headache, I don't get migraines.

My neighbor said that Lavender alone works for her. Hope this helps you ladies!

Past Tense is great for headaches. With the roll on bottle it's easy to get a little carried away with the rolling. I actually put it on my finger and then apply closer to the hairline (away from the eyes!)

Oils are so versatile and are good for more than one thing. Kim - are you thinking of a Medicine Cabinet Makeover type of thing?
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Quote Originally Posted by justbnsharon View Post
    Oils are so versatile and are good for more than one thing. Kim - are you thinking of a Medicine Cabinet Makeover type of thing?
    I am hoping to type up/share many uses! Yes, I am turning to my oils rather than OTC meds, as well as my cleaning cupboard. When I mopped and vacuumed the other day it was citrusy fresh in my house! After I get Kira off to school, I hope to share my plan/idea with everyone!

For those of you interested in the doTERRA online/virtual party, check out this thread.

There is a lot of information over there, and I have a lot more, and I can get more. LOL!! Please read the first post about my idea for the timing of our party, and post in that forum your response!!

Thanks ladies! I am excited to help you all in any way that I can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12