Thread: So tell us ... what TV shows are you loving at the moment

Hybrid View

So tell us ... what TV shows are you loving at the moment

So do you have an itchy remote control trigger finger

What's on the box?? gosh I hope you use that expression over there, particularly that TV's are not really boxes any more!! ha.

Will rephrase ... what TV shows are you just LOVING at the moment and really hate to miss? Do you have any series that you are really into (I am envisioning lots of Abby posts coming up!!)
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

So lately I will admit I haven't been watching a lot of TV at all. In our house Mike is all about the ABC, National Geographic, the History Channel ... boooooooring! I reckon I've seen every Egyptian Mummy, earthquake, volcano, disaster show EVER. I'm more about light hearted.

One show I really hate to miss at the moment is the Australian Version of My Kitchen Rules. Absolutely LOVING it. Mike hates reality TV, but add cooking into it, and I'm a sucker.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Good question!

There's not much I make a point of watching each week on telly, preferring to listen to music, or watch box sets.

I do though for Sherlock, I totally loved the latest series, though I feel I have to watch them again to totally understand what's going on!

Saturday night telly is the time for Amy and me to spend together. Peter takes Tom up for bedtime stories and we watch whatever's on. Sometimes it's Strictly come Dancing (like Dancing with the Stars). Just now it's Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway which has the hosts playing tricks on celebrities and is just generally a good laugh.

I always mean to watch the shows everyone watches, but it tends to mean I've seen the first 5 episodes of each series (Desperate Housewives was like that) before I forget for a week and never quite get back into the habit.

If Peter has the control, it's Top Gear, or American sci fi stuff. And Doctor Who of course.

And recently while my sister was organising her wedding we had quite a few giggly evenings watching Four Weddings (UK and US). I'm not usually a fan of reality type shows either, but those were quite fun to watch, and I do have a soft spot for Come Dine with Me which has the same format, with people visiting each other for meals and voting for the best. I like the sarcastic voice over.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

I really don't watch much TV at all. Phil and I watch one show of some TV series at night. Currently we delved into "person of interest". It's not bad. That's our TV time together Sunday nights used to be Downton nights of course. Now we watch Revenge with Gabby. It's like a daytime soap in evening settings... other than that I like HGTV and news channels, but that's about it. Oh yeah, dancing with the stars, but usually I just watch some reruns on Youtube
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I don't think I could list one current TV show!! However, we are on a kick of watching old shows on METV/RetroTV (not sure what station it is). Ready for your laugh - right now we are recording and watching old westerns - Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, Gunsmoke and for a good laugh we watch Burns and Allen. Of course they are all in B/W. To get a little more contemporary we will catch some old episodes of Emergency. Now isn't that a walk down memory lane? And for you younger gals - you probably have never heard of most of these!! LOL!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I have watched both seasons of the Netflix House of Cards, truly what we in the greater Washington DC area call an 'inside the beltway' show. I'm in serious withdrawal from that one as well as the HBO True Detective. Matthew McConaghy has really upped his game with his recent work. I never watch anything on network and stick to the versions I can get w/o commercials. I've also enjoyed The Good Wife and will probably go back and watch the first season or two that I never saw, and get caught up. Again, this is on our 'on demand' not while being shown live. Otherwise I watch movies via Netflix or HBO and he reads on his iPad. Not tv, but I'm going to get Dallas Buyers Club at Redbox tonight if it's available. My kinda price...$1.27.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I started watching the new Cosmos series (with Neil deGrasse Tyson - love him) on NatGeo and Big Bang Theory. My husband is a lot like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. He doesn't have Aspergers but he has a lot of Sheldon's personality which I think is part of his being a former engineer. We both get a kick out of this show.

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a TV junkie. Usually when I'm scrapping at night, the TV is on in the background, and I'm very partial to procedurals, such as NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI, Elementary, Personal of Interest, etc. I don't watch any comedies; I don't like the sexual innuendos, and most of them just seem so inane to me.

I never miss Jeopardy. The DVR is set to tape it, so if I can't watch when it airs, I catch up on it. So hoping for a contestant who can beat the current champion, Arthur Chu -- loathe him!

I'm also very fond of the British detective shows like Inspector Gently, Dalziel and Pascoe, and Ripper Street. I recorded Broadchurch when it was on and just watched the entire series last Friday -- very good! As I said, I'm a TV junkie!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by earlofoxford View Post
    Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a TV junkie. Usually when I'm scrapping at night, the TV is on in the background, and I'm very partial to procedurals, such as NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI, Elementary, Personal of Interest, etc. I don't watch any comedies; I don't like the sexual innuendos, and most of them just seem so inane to me.

I never miss Jeopardy. The DVR is set to tape it, so if I can't watch when it airs, I catch up on it. So hoping for a contestant who can beat the current champion, Arthur Chu -- loathe him!

I'm also very fond of the British detective shows like Inspector Gently, Dalziel and Pascoe, and Ripper Street. I recorded Broadchurch when it was on and just watched the entire series last Friday -- very good! As I said, I'm a TV junkie!
    Chu was defeated last night. Hooray!!! But we have to put up with him in the Tournament of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by mrymoores View Post
    Chu was defeated last night. Hooray!!! But we have to put up with him in the Tournament of Champions.
    I watched with glee and am already dreading him in the Tournament of Champions. Hope somebody cleans his clock there!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3

11. Linda, you have my kind of TV taste--i love all those mystery-solving shows.
    We don't really have many English-speaking shows to choose from. "House" used to air here though and I loved that--my husband bought me season 6 for Christmas and we just finished watching it, so I then started at the beginning with some earlier episodes that we had recorded. I love listening to their ideas for diagnoses and I especially love watching House interact with everyone else.
    heather

I used to watch far more TV than I have a chance to now, but I'm currently enjoying Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, the final season of How I Met Your Mother, Kenny and I really look forward to The Walking Dead on Sundays, the kids like to watch The Pioneer Woman with me on Saturday mornings, and when I'm on my own I'll watch just about anything on HGTV (OK - I think I watch more than I thought I did!)

I was never really a tv person until Netflix. THAT is where I started watching "tv." I was watching tv series that were 8 seasons long from beginning to end. After a few years I am now having to resort to the actual TV. lol So, here's my current list (even though some of these are over for the season) and I watch one or two a night while I stitch. :O)

The Blacklist
    Sherlock
    Elementary
    Perception
    Suits
    The Voice
    Rizzoli & Isles
    Parenthood
    Downton Abbey
    ~Kelly

Tv show...hhmmmm well when I actually get use of the tv I do have a few favourite shows. Our PVR is set up to record all. I admit I like my reality shows, The Voice being my favourite, we also watch Survivor and I am addicted to Master Chef Canada. I also enjoy Chicago Fire and Chicago PD, the Black list and Criminal Minds.
    Erin

My camera- Canon EOS RebelXS
    My lenses-18-55mm, 55-250mm telephoto, My Iphone
    PSE 12

Sharon I remember Emergency! The names John Gage and Roy De Soto just popped into my head then! Gosh that is a blast from the past.

Im looking forward to Resurrection starting here soon, I understand it's recently aired in the US, I think it starts here next week.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

I never really have the time to sit down and actually follow a series when it is on - so I have a HUGE collection of series on DVD...

I love crime: CSI (all of them), NCIS, Criminal Minds and so on. Blacklist, Homeland and Scandal are newer faves.
    Hate that Damages came to an end. ADORE Dexter!!! Don't mind if I get to laugh a little too, so Castle and Bluebloods are a hit with both me and the husband.

I don't usually like sci-fi but LOVE "Doctor Who"!!! Hate zombie movies but I'm totally hooked on "The Walking Dead"! I think fantasy is quite boring, but can't wait for the next season of "Game of Thrones"...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all kinds of costume drama! Downton, Rome, Tudors, Borgias - You name it, I've seen it...

LMAO to "Two and a half men", "Big Bang Theory" and "Modern Family".

Here in Sweden, we get all the British and Danish series pretty quickly, so I watch pretty much anything coming out there... Plus the Swedish crime production is pretty prolific too...

I've just seen the first seasons of "House of Cards" and "Orange is the new Black" on Netflix, and the husband and I are busy getting through all the seasons of "The Shield" and "Breaking Bad". Vikings is next...

When I scrap, I usually watch things like "Gossip Girl", "Pretty Little Liars", "Revenge" or "The Good Wife". Or I take out my collections of "Midsomer Murders", "Inspector Lynley", "Morse", "Lewis" or "Poirot".

The only things I actually really try to catch when it's on the TV - the news and British "Top Gear"...
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

Quote Originally Posted by thessh View Post
    Or I take out my collections of "Midsomer Murders", "Inspector Lynley", "Morse", "Lewis" or "Poirot".
    Love those series, Thess!
    Linda

I want to know how you girls can scrap while you're watching tv??? That is beyond me. I have to be busy while I watch TV but it's always stitching of some sort. Well, I do have a friend who reads while she watches tv so I guess scrapping isn't that far out there. lol

Sharon, Fraiser is my current Netflix "flashback." :O)
    Thess, I adore Castle and I laugh out loud during Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. Thinking I might need to check out Bluebloods. :O)
    ~Kelly

I watch very little TV to be honest as there doesn't seem to be much on these days that can hold my interest past the first episode! But I do like a good police drama and of course, Downton Abbey! If I'm at home during the week - which is very seldom, I also like a programme here in the UK called Dickinsons Real Deal (I bet the UK DD ladies here are thinking WHAT?!) It's an auction programme and I love to hear the stories behind the items that people bring along and to see how much various things sell for. I also like home renovation programmes. Needless to say, if Vincent's home, I don't even see the remote, let alone touch it - why is it that men think they have the total say over the TV?!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Kelly, you definitely need to check out Bluebloods -- Tom Selleck is still very easy on the eyes!
    Linda

We are more movie watchers over here that TV shows. But we do enjoy a few shows from Netflix. One of my favorite shows is White Collar. It's so fun watching Keith laugh while we watch an episode! Right now we are also watching Burn Notice, it isn't my favorite, but Keith likes it and we can get a good chuckle!

I also enjoy Downton and Revenge....even though this season has lost my interest more than others.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

22. I see several people watch Black List. Never thought I would like something so violent, but I love that show. I don't turn on the tv during the day. At night I usually have Fox News on except when Masterpiece or Mad Men are on. Sad that this is the last season for Mad Men. And, I like In the Kitchen with David on QVC. I don't cook anymore, but he makes me feel that I need everything he shows. I'm a night owl, so watch Jimmy Fallon and Seth. I miss Jay Leno.

I tape shows and watch them in 'my time'. This is embarrassing as I see nobody has mentioned the younger shows but I love The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Reign, Game of Thrones, Dracula, True Blood, The Borgias, The Blacklist, Criminal Minds, Dexter. Still to see Homeland, Breaking Bad, and Scandal. Mmm .. I see a disturbing trend of vampires, costume dramas, conspiracies, and blood and guts!!! The more 'normal' side of me watches house buying or house renovation shows with my girls .
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

You ladies are so funny about Chu! I tape Jeopardy but haven't watched it lately because I was gone but just saw an interview with him and heard about his streak. He did sound like he was a bit pompous but now I'll have to watch to see what all the fuss is about . I'm a Downton Abbey girl but just started watching it last year. I love Dracula, too, Donna! I feel like it's my guilty pleasure. I'm also a Voice, Dancing with the Stars watcher and love Modern Family and Big Bang Theory - rather an eclectic mix. Beyond that, my husband tends to dominate the remote and I'm sure I'm not alone there. So mostly, I get to watch Top Gear (the UK version) which I quite enjoy as well as Pawn Stars and Storage Wars which I hate. So I usually toddle on downstairs and scrap instead! Or I make him change the channel

We don't watch much "live" TV. Of recent shows the only ones we consistently watch are Big Bang Theory and Sherlock. My older daughter found Lie to Me (recent but no longer being produced) on Netflix and we are watching those - characters use body language to solve crimes/mysteries. The girls never tire of watching old episodes of The West Wing, especially the first few seasons.

And speaking of old TV shows...we have watched Mary Tyler Moore, Hogan's Heroes, All in the Family, Gilligan's Island, Partridge Family, Frasier, Underdog, MASH, Taxi, Cosby Show, Seinfeld, etc. Lots of good old stuff. Most you do have to rent, borrow or buy.
    Denise Gormish
    Mom of Jackie (18) Jenny (15) and my English Cocker Spaniel 3-year-old Radiance Grand Prix RL1 AKC TD ASCA TD, i.e. Cody

My English Cocker Spaniels in my heart forever:
    Auld Sod Red Magic Merlin CGC CD OA OAJ OAC NJC (Merlin)
    Elan's Surprise Surprise CGC NA NAJ (Arthur)

Here in France, my kids and I are definately Gleeks!!! I've even made a page about Glee. We are also Big Bang theory fans.
    But here is what wa like to watch:
    - Cali (my daughter) and I: Game of Thrones, Criminal Minds, True Detective, Bones
    - Enak (my son) and I: Elementary
    Silhouette Caméo, Sewing machine Toyota RS Séries,Crop a Dile2, BIA
    Photoshop CS6, Elements 11

I tend to watch a couple of hours of TV in the evenings but that's about it. My recent faves are: The Blacklist, Game of Thrones, Elementary, Sherlock, CSI and Person of Interest and Motive.
    Jane

28. I'm loving "Call the Midwife," even though last nights episode made me cry.
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.