Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like to read?

I am exactly the same! I read a ton of books with my kids so that we can chat about it. But, truth be told I would probably read it without kids I'm an English Lit major so I have always been a book worm. When I have a second I need to go through this list and add them to my Goodreads account! I just finished Fahrenheit 451 and I loved it.

Kim for your daughter.... has she read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane? Several teachers have recommended it to me and I just downloaded it to start with my girls. Also, mentioned was the Storybound series. I actually talked to a bunch of kids that were reading it at school and they loved it. That is next on our list

Quote Originally Posted by Julie DeGuia View Post
    I am a big reader, but mostly of middle grade books. I really enjoy them and since that is what my kids read it is fun to be able to recommend books to them or them to me. We also read together (not as often now) but I just started the 5th Fablehaven book (by Brandon Mull) with my daughter last night. Can't wait to see how this series ends!

Adult Authors I like: Harlan Coben, Nicholas Sparks, Tami Hoag. Adult books I have read this year: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (smart writing but didn't like the ending) and Labor Day by Joyce Maynard (interesting and easy read). Both are/will be movies.

Have I read 50 Shades of Grey? Yes, because I heard so much about how bad the writing was (from the writing/agenting industry) that I had to see for myself. I don't think I will read the last two as I'm not sure I can take any more corny and redundant descriptions of all the sexual goings-on! :-) And I can't even imagine how they will translate onto the big screen! (You will have to let us known Lori... LOL!)

Oh, I almost forgot to add some of my favorite books ever: The Book Thief and the books by Khaled Hosseini. Interesting how none of these are set in the happiest of times, but I think you pull away from them with a feeling of hope.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Thanks Jen. I'll check into these for Talisa! I've never heard of them!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I love David Baldacci,Harlan Coben,John Sandford,both Kellermans. Faye and Jonathan,some James Patterson, and I have been successful finding some good freebies on Kindle Amazon but sparsely.John Sandford writes under another name,and I have read a couple of those,can't think of the name,but they were good also. Right now I am reading, "Hostile Witness by William Lashner and it is somewhat interesting. I also binge on reading at times,then other times not so much.
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Jen D View Post
    Kim for your daughter.... has she read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane?
    I just searched this book on good reads, and I see a few different authors. Which one should I look into?

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12