Thread: Good News Thread

Good News Thread

It's time for another round of good news don't you think??

This past weekend we started a project that I have been eager for, for a few years. I purchased a new play set for the kiddos and we are making a designated area for the swing set and dome (currently DH has to move them when he mows the lawn). Also, we rented a sod cutter and pulled up some grass so we can have an area for more bushes and trees in the backyard. A bigger garden, and a place for a shed in the future. The project is ending up bigger than we expected, but we are both excited for the final out come.

What good news do you have to share with us?
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

2. It's the Week of the Master's Golf Tournament and that makes my DH very happy. He was fortunate to get to attend it one year and every year since then he is glued to the TV watching all the coverage of the event. Soon he will get to play golf again in Minnesota.

My own good fortune is enjoying my Photographer's subscription to Adobe Creative Services so I have the latest PS version and LR 5 on my desktop. I just downloaded the Lightroom Mobile app on my iPad today so I can sync photos back and forth with Lightroom using Adobe Cloud.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

My good news is that Clara's 12 x 12, matte cover, lay flat Shutterfly book arrived on Friday. It is simply glorious...except that the text on the spine was missing. I had shared the book with Clara's mom and she paid for mine since I did all the work. It was on sale 30% off and was still $144. When I called Shutterfly...I only had to hold for about 3 minutes. They said that during the "sharing" process that the software on their end did not carry the spine text over....."totally our fault the rep stated!" So they gave us a new book and express shipping for FREE!!! And...we get to keep the first book too!! For all the complaining I have done about their book making process.....I will sing the praises of their customer service forever!!!

Side note.....if we ordered the same book today....not on sale, it would be $199!! And I would totally recommend the lay-flat pages, they are amazing!!!
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

4. Quote Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
    My good news is that Clara's 12 x 12, matte cover, lay flat Shutterfly book arrived on Friday. It is simply glorious...except that the text on the spine was missing. I had shared the book with Clara's mom and she paid for mine since I did all the work. It was on sale 30% off and was still $144. When I called Shutterfly...I only had to hold for about 3 minutes. They said that during the "sharing" process that the software on their end did not carry the spine text over....."totally our fault the rep stated!" So they gave us a new book and express shipping for FREE!!! And...we get to keep the first book too!! For all the complaining I have done about their book making process.....I will sings the praises of their customer service forever!!!

Side note.....if we ordered the same book today....not on sale, it would be $199!! And I would totally recommend the lay-flat pages, they are amazing!!!
    Pam, this is good news to hear about your book and the free copy Shutterfly is giving you! I totally agree about the lay flat pages. My last two books ordered have lay flat pages. It is expensive to add but worth it.
    Merrilee

My good news is that in 3 days we break up for the Easter holidays! Hooray - that means time off for me and the kids. No packed lunches! No school run! (I've got 9 school reports to write through!). With the holidays comes our eagerly anticipated trip to Disneyland, Paris. We are all so excited! Evie is keen to learn some French and I am amazed at how quick she has been to pick up the basics! It is a 7 hour drive from where we live in Herefordshire and a 35 minute journey through the channel tunnel on a train. Can't wait for the magic to begin!
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

6. My good news is that we are getting precipitation in Ottawa today.....and we don't have to shovel it!!!! Raining here and I am seeing my tulips appearing!
    Susan

When I drove to MD's Eastern Shore today, almost all the fields were fill of new shoots, that lovely chartreusey green! I say that means winter is over now.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

I started my day off with breakfast in bed as Dylan and I celebrate 9 years together. Time flies when you are having fun!

Oh and yesterday I ordered my 2013 PL album... and with a 70% off coupon, I saved almost $100. I am hoping once it arrives it will give me the motivation to get caught up on this years.
    Trace

My good news for this week is that Hayley is coming home for two weeks over Christmas! I can't wait to see her - by then it will be almost two years since we last saw her, apart from on FaceTime that is! Jack was only 9 months old when she left and Charlie wasn't even born so it will be lovely for her to catch up with Jack and all his antics, and to finally meet Charlie. BIG smiles here!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

10. Quote Originally Posted by lizziet5 View Post
    My good news for this week is that Hayley is coming home for two weeks over Christmas! I can't wait to see her - by then it will be almost two years since we last saw her, apart from on FaceTime that is! Jack was only 9 months old when she left and Charlie wasn't even born so it will be lovely for her to catch up with Jack and all his antics, and to finally meet Charlie. BIG smiles here!
    Oh, Liz, that is so wonderful to know you will be seeing your dear ones over Christmas.
    Merrilee

our good news is hesitant... but it seems the house buying is all going to plan. - incase you don't know, last year we were two days away from moving in to a new home when it all fell thro {- two days!!! yes I was all packed.. } so I am nervous to believe this 100%, but the offer, the mortgage, the buyers chain etc etc is all swiftly falling into place fast. This is project house - requiring new kitchen new carpets paint etc etc- and will be so exciting for us. fingers crossed I can't wait!!
    love reading the good news
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

I'm so glad that there is so much to share on this thread. I feel like my life is kind of slow these days (still getting use to no kids with activities - is this ever going to change???) but, lets see . . . I got an Iphone.
    ~Kelly

My good news sounds kind of weird, but when I went out this morning, it had been raining over night and it smelled like worms! There were even a few worms on the driveway. For this midwest girl, worms mean that spring has finally arrived! Hurray for worms!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

That is great news Mel! My fingers are crossed for you!
    Liz that is such a long time to not to see your daughter and grandchildren!
    Kelly, don't say that!! It's exactly how I'm feeling this week - and hoping it will go away!
    Gotta love news about photobooks with discount coupons
    It's raining here, too, which is great - not because it's the end of winter, but because it's the end of a long hot dry summer!
    My other good news was that my DH got the all clear from his stomach scan - it's now almost 3 years since he had some cancer removed (can you believe that?!).
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

15. my good news is that we just signed a contract on a larger apartment last night. it will be an upgrade for sure, with a large basement where we can have designated homeschool area and a (albeit tiny) backyard. for 7 years my kids have been living without grassy area to play in. so we are SO thrilled! and as long as the utilities can be hooked up soon, we are trying to move on Tuesday.
    heather

It's so wonderful to wake up and read through everyone's good news!!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

It is so nice to see all the good news in this thread!! Including the worms! It looks like so many of us have much to be thankful for - including me!

I've got a couple great things happening. The sale of our house is moving forward nicely. We had to get some paperwork together for our buyer since we will be renting their place for the next year.(That is a whole story for a scrap page!!) While David was pulling that all together he had another client that finally (after months and months and to many offers to count) settled on a home to by and all has fallen into place for a ratified contract!! And to add more good news to this David handled the stress of so many irons in the fire without major Meniere's symptoms or a vertigo attack!!

Good news #2 - our daughter and SIL had their house on the market for over a year and finally took it off before Christmas. They put it back on the marked 2-3 weeks ago and it is now under contract. During all this time (close to 2 years!) they have been going to open houses and researching neighborhoods. They have found a house that they want and they are now under contract to buy it! I am so happy for them!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Well- in my immediate future the good news is that I only have 2 more working days until spring break!

My in the future good news is that my DIL has posted on line that the docs have finally figured out why she hasn't become pregnant and they have a fix in mind, so I very well might get to become a grandma in this lifetime- I am now dreaming about the name I will be called-for the time being I have narrowed it down to Mimi or Oma!
    I believe it is ok to share this online, since she posted it online.

The things we feel comfortable sharing with the world sure have changed over the past few years!!!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Oh this is so lovely to read! So many fun happenings!

Kim, that does sound like a fun project!
    Liz, oh that's wonderful, I can't imagine being away from my family for longer than about a week!
    Kelly, I'm so excited for you getting an iPhone!
    Valerie, I have my fingers crossed so much for your DIL!

Good luck to everyone moving house/selling etc! As I mentioned in my last page, that's my good news. We moved house 4 years ago, but our old house didn't sell. We rented it out till last summer, before putting it back on the market. We got an offer 3 weeks ago, and the new owners moved in last Friday. So quickly it was almost a problem getting the paperwork sorted in time! I am so relieved, it feels like it's been constantly at the back of my mind, and now I feel we can totally enjoy our own house, and work on the garden without feeling there's somewhere else we need to be dealing with.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

I agree, I love all this good news!!
    Lots of folks moving or with great resolutions for the homes sold!! And it sounds like spring is popping up all over (worms and beautiful green)-yeah, I am more than tired of the winter this year.

More good news- I finished scrapping 2013 in January, and last night I allowed myself to say I am finished with 2012, I still have a page or two I can do with the last pics of my dad in the hospital, but I gave myself permission to just let them simmer in my hard drive, someday I will scrap them, but not now.

So I am moving back to 2011 and finishing up that year. I did do 365 that year, so it won't be hard to remember when things happened. I would really like to finish 2011 before we embark on our adventure this summer-

And then, of course I have to decide if I want to print these past few year thematically, or chronologically. Currently, I am leaning towards a few thematic books.

More good news anyone??
    Valerie

PSE12

Mel I sooooo wanted to click a LIKE button on your post!

My good news is that last weekend my hubby took me jewellery shopping! Woah! Totally unexpected. Next week we will have been married 10 years and he decided that 10 years was worth more than a running magazine subscription (LOL) that I answered when he asked what I would like. As soon as it is resized I'll be the owner of a gorgeous diamond ring! squeal. I've been on cloud 9 all week.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

My good news... I think some of you already know if you follow my Instagram... but I am headed back to school. I registered for classes for this summer. I am currently getting everything together to start my Masters Degree in the fall. Subbing has opened my eyes and I want a class of my own. It will be a long journey but I'm really excited. To get into the Master program I have to pass the state test to become certified before I begin. So, I have been studying like crazy since it has been awhile since I have been in college Dusting off the ole brain!

Oh! And, we lost our dog for 24 hours and we were all in a state of panic. The dog is lucky to be alive and we are so relieved that she is back where she belongs!

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

23. Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Mel I sooooo wanted to click a LIKE button on your post!

My good news is that last weekend my hubby took me jewellery shopping! Woah! Totally unexpected. Next week we will have been married 10 years and he decided that 10 years was worth more than a running magazine subscription (LOL) that I answered when he asked what I would like. As soon as it is resized I'll be the owner of a gorgeous diamond ring! squeal. I've been on cloud 9 all week.
    Oh Carol, I am so excited for you!!! ....and I love reading everyone else's good news too!!!

My good news is that I got to go on a last minute, out of town shopping trip! I am redoing my bedroom...gus ate the top of my bedspread when he was a pup and even though it doesn't show it's time to change it up. And my "lonesome" dove is back for the fourth summer!!! woot!!! I hope he/she finds a new mate this year!!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

Quote Originally Posted by Jen D View Post
    My good news... I think some of you already know if you follow my Instagram... but I am headed back to school. I registered for classes for this summer. I am currently getting everything together to start my Masters Degree in the fall. Subbing has opened my eyes and I want a class of my own. It will be a long journey but I'm really excited. To get into the Master program I have to pass the state test to become certified before I begin. So, I have been studying like crazy since it has been awhile since I have been in college Dusting off the ole brain!

Oh! And, we lost our dog for 24 hours and we were all in a state of panic. The dog is lucky to be alive and we are so relieved that she is back where she belongs!
    What level and subject do you want to teach? Which tests do you need to take to get into your program? Some of the exams I took wiped out my brain, and others, were easier. The one I scored the highest on, I used common sense to answer the questions!
    Valerie

PSE12