Thread: Senior Moment

Senior Moment

Thought you may get a chuckle from this......
    Get Out Of The Car!

This is a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida:

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! GET OUT OF THE CAR!"

The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee, and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

Moral of the story?

If you're going to have a senior moment...make it memorable

Too funny!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

OMGosh, I love this. :O)
    ~Kelly

Ok-that made me laugh out loud!!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Oh my goodness, this is hysterical!

Haha! Love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

I love this!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Love a good laugh!!

A few years ago we were vacationing down in Southern Utah. We went to one of those Snow Shacks that are in parking lots. We weren't far from our car and we were the only customers there....so we didn't bother locking the doors, or Keith just forgot. A few minutes later an older gentleman pulled up in an SUV next to ours and ordered his shaved ice. He walked back to 'his' car. Keith and I just sat there waiting for him to realize he had gotten into our car. After about thirty seconds the older gentleman realized he was in the wrong car. He got out and looked at us rather embarrassed. I don't know what gave it away to him that it wasn't his car. The car seats in the row behind him? The girls dolls? A different make and model of car? His key didn't work? Not sure, but we had a good laugh!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I now and then need to press the alarm button on my key chain to tell me where mine is....an older gentleman was wandering around the parking lot be Target one day....I asked him if he lost his car...he was so embarrassed but I told him everyone I know does the same thing no mater what their age...I looked at his keys and he had the alarm on it too...I told him to press it and his car said "Here I am" LOL.....he was so excited...kept coming back to me and giving me a hug...said "This is better than a Christmas present " LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KimR+ View Post
    Love a good laugh!!

A few years ago we were vacationing down in Southern Utah. We went to one of those Snow Shacks that are in parking lots. We weren't far from our car and we were the only customers there....so we didn't bother locking the doors, or Keith just forgot. A few minutes later an older gentleman pulled up in an SUV next to ours and ordered his shaved ice. He walked back to 'his' car. Keith and I just sat there waiting for him to realize he had gotten into our car. After about thirty seconds the older gentleman realized he was in the wrong car. He got out and looked at us rather embarrassed. I don't know what gave it away to him that it wasn't his car. The car seats in the row behind him? The girls dolls? A different make and model of car? His key didn't work? Not sure, but we had a good laugh!
    LOL!!! So funny....it's funny how long it takes to realize something like that.....I can just imagine those guys pileing out of that car LOLLLOLOL

oh my gosh, that is just hilarious! Good for her though, what a tough young lady I would be lost without my alarm button sometimes, that's for sure!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Allan came home from work a couple of months ago very perplexed because there was a shopping bag with a new dress in it - and definitely not my size. He had no idea how the dress got there. Luckily there was a receipt in the bag, to a person with an unusual name. There was only one person in the phonebook with that name so I called them. The woman was very embarrassed and pretended to know nothing about how that could have happened but very relieved because she'd bought this dress to take on a forthcoming cruise. Eventually we discovered that her car looks similar to Allan's. That she'd managed to unlock the car and got in but couldn't start it. She'd even called her son-in-law to come and help. By the time he arrived they got in the car (the right car) and it started first time, so she drove home unaware of her mistake but mysteriously missing the dress!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets