Interesting Article about iPhone as second camera

Just reading this great perspective from an AP photographer

http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/20...src=recpb&_r=0

about using the iPhone and instagram...

Thought I'd share!!
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

So interesting. I'm starting to feel old... when people say things like, "Eventually there will be a sort of merging of the cameras we use ..." I think, What??? You can't replace my DSLR! But, I'm starting to think it might just happen. First things first though . . . I need an iphone.
    ~Kelly

I went to a black tie function the other night (sports award night where my DH's work was a sponsor). I asked DH how many cameras I should take. He said "none". I said "wrong answer". I took 2 - the phone and the little olympus p&s. And I looked enviously at the official photographer running around with his DLSR, and speedlite, but knew it would not have been appropriate for me.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Thanks for sharing; love reading this type of stuff.
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I find the iPhone more and more useful when I am out and need to record something.

BUT I still love making my art with the big girl.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

You're not alone Kelly, I don't have an iPhone either I do still enjoy using my little point and shoot that I take everywhere with me just in case. But maybe one day...
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

And when the new iPhone comes out (maybe July) the camera will be so much better than this old 4S I'm carrying!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Oh don't say that Amy! I love the size of my 4S but a better camera is what always tempts me.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks for posting this..I have just recently begun to explore my 5s..I am so attached to the dslr,it is A big challenge!
    Pam

I love my iPhone and I love my big girl camera! I just hope apple never makes their phones as big as some of the others out there. I love how perfectly it fits in my pockets when needed!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17