Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomorrow...

tomorrow...

Tomorrow, Thursday, February 27th

Marks one year since the passing of my dear friend and store designer, Pattie Knox. She is missed every day and it's hard to believe it's already been one year. I'll be volunteering at a #readleadachieve event thru an organization I'm involved in and I'll be thinking about Pattie all day. Thinking about how she touched so many lives with her job in education and her job here scrapbooking and creating scrapbook products since I started DesignerDigitals. She is greatly missed.
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Goodness Katie, I didn't realise it was a year already tomorrow. How nice of you to be volunteering at the event tomorrow, I'm sure Pattie would like that and she'll be watching down over you. I didn't know Pattie as well as a lot of the DD community but I sure miss her and her delightful products.
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

I absolutely cannot believe that it's been a year, how quickly that time has flown since her beautiful smiling face has graced our forums and galleries. So missed.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Yes, she is missed, I feel fortunate to have some of her supplies. I smile a little each time I see them.
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

How quickly this year has gone by, but she is not forgotten. Many times I will be looking through the gallery and see some of her products pop up and they bring such a smile to my face. She is dearly missed.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

We'll be thinking of and missing her with you, Katie.
    ~Kelly

Oh, a year already! Will be thinking of you tomorrow.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Just five minutes ago I was back in the CT gallery of a year ago and found myself on that page of layouts seeing her Pattie's smiling face, and then I came here and saw this thread. It brought it all back. Such a loss to so many people.

The school where Pattie worked is building a pavilion and dedicating it in her honor, "Pattie's Pavilion." I'm going with Tiffany tomorrow to a gathering of Pattie's co-workers and friends to announce it. It will be hard.
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Oh Lynnie and Katie.....I am so sorry for your (our) loss and I can't imagine how hard it will be tomorrow at the school. She was an inspiration to many.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my gorgeous Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

It's hard to believe it's been a year. I miss Pattie's delightful sense of humor and her terrific products. What a wonderful way to remember Pattie at her school with a pavilion.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Hard to believe it is a year already. I miss her wonderful sense of humour around here for sure - she had such a talent for making us laugh. Will be thinking of you Katie & Lynnie as you remember Pattie in those special ways. {hugs}

It is incredible to think that it has been a year.

It's hard to believe it has already been a year. Miss her dearly.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

I hadn't realized the date, but I have found myself thinking about her so much in the past week. I still forget she's not just an email away sometimes, and I long to be able to bounce things off her and ask for advice, and share joys and triumphs as well as sadness and difficulties...she was always so helpful and supportive no matter what was going on. She would be annoyed though if she thought we were moping around about her, so I will do what I can to make her proud tomorrow.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

Oh Lynnie, what a bitter/sweet moment that will be for you and Tiffany.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

17. I miss Pattie so much.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Pattie's Pavilion - I love it.....I'll have you all in my thoughts tomorrow.
    I've thought of Pattie so often this past year and still miss her so much.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma lynnie View Post
    The school where Pattie worked is building a pavilion and dedicating it in her honor, "Pattie's Pavilion." I'm going with Tiffany tomorrow to a gathering of Pattie's co-workers and friends to announce it. It will be hard.

I also think of Pattie often. It really is so sad. I love that she will have a place dedicated to her. My thoughts go out to you who stood close to her.
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

20. It's so hard to believe we've been without her for a year! When I scroll through my supplies and I see her products, I smile and cry at the same time!
    Patsy

21. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you as you remember Pattie today.
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

Pattie's Pavilion. That just sounds like a happy place! I pulled out the papers from Pattie's classes last week, and have Mad Digital Skills on my desk. I suspect she's been nudging all of us with a bit of love.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

23. Firsts are hard. My thoughts are with Pattie and her family (related and not) today.
    Susan

24. I so miss her.
    Cassie

My Gear: Nikon D300s w/18-200mm VR & 50mm 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4, PSE 10, Lightroom 2

I can't even believe it's been a year. I am so often reminded of her when I come across her things and when her kids post photos.... so so sad
    I am so very sorry for both of you and every member of the family!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I miss Pattie's kind, sweet words of wisdom. It's hard to believe it's been a year already!
    LoriS

My Gallery

27. We lost Pattie way too soon! My thoughts and prayers will be with all those who gather to dedicate Pattie's Pavillion to her memory.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

28. There is a huge Pattie-shaped hole in hearts across the world for sure. I hope the gathering and the memory-sharing and the memory-making can fill and warm the hearts that need it most!
    heather

its so lovely that she is so thought of she's going to be chuckling about that somewhere Patties pavilion is going to be the best place ever!! give her family my love Lynn, and all our well wishes.
    I often find myself thinking Pattie would be proud of me for this or Pattie would be mad at me for that LOL
    Bonnie too, on Facebook up pops her picture now and then and tugs at my heart strings, reminds me of what both these strong determined women told me to stand for. Love them.
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Missing Pattie today - she is so special to all of us here at DD. I hope her family found comfort today at Pattie's Pavilion.
    Amy Mallory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast