Thread: Creative Cloud and a shiny new iMac...

Hybrid View

Creative Cloud and a shiny new iMac...

Just gotta share this - my shiny, new iMac is being delivered tomorrow. Tomorrow! I could literally run around and jump for joy (o.k so I already did that! ;P)
    I'm hoping to subscribe to the Photographer's Creative Cloud bundle from Adobe too. I can't wait to upgrade from PSE 7 and LR 3!
    At the moment I'm using Windows 7 on a PC but I am so ready to make the change to apple! (although I couldn't let go of Microsoft Office - I use Word such a lot for my school work!)
    Happy days!
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

2. Not to enable or anything but they make Word for Mac.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

A shiny new computer is always something to celebrate -- enjoy, Georgina!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I am so jealous, I have to be happy with my MacBookPro Enjoy, nothing like a brand spanking new Imac!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

5. I've been through the exchange recently and, so far, I love it. I do need to check to see if there's a Microsoft Office for Mac because Numbers and Pages just doesn't do it for me!! Have fun!!
    Patsy

6. Yippee! I share your joy, Georgina!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

so exciting!! I use Open Office [it's free] for all microsoft .doc and powerpoint files
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Woohoo! Congrats and enjoy!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Wow Georgina! That's fab! I'm so envious but enjoy!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Another one over to the dark side, hmmmmmph.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Congrats! My new Dell just arrived today and I was SO EXCITED. Only we ordered the hi resolution one which unfortunately doesn't work well with my new Photoshop CS!!!!!! Honestly, I was so shocked. Now the reason we got the resolution for my work on photos, doesn't seem to matter. Very disappointing! I might have gone with a Mac but too much of my work is with PC.
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

I like pages and numbers for iMac and am happy they send as pc readable files took me a while to get the hang of CS after elements - and I hated being so lost!!!- but now I adore it!!! I am happy to answer anything you might want to know at uk hours when half this board is asleep
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Yay, so excited for you!! Welcome to the dark side! You know there are always people here to help you out with the transition. At least you want to make the transition, I gave my old MacBook to my dad, and he's always got questions about how to boot up in various ways, how to get into the Bios etc. You just use a Mac, you don't tend to tinker with it!

I have Mac Office 2008, for Word and Excel. It works just the same as the PC version, maybe the school might have a copy?

Enjoy that new computer smell!! Good luck getting used to CS, I'm still on PSE6 for the Mac, know I'll have to upgrade some day, but not ready for the learning curve yet!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Do exciting!! I'm also very jealous!! Enjoy the conversion! I wish Keith still worked for Microsoft, we could have hooked you up with the Mac version!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Office for Mac is totally compatible I've found for newsletters etc I write that go to mostly Windows audience. Dick also uses Open Office for something ...maybe a Powerpoint-like application?

Enjoy that new baby! it really is intuitive imho and I was on a PC from the first day of the internet and found the transition pretty easy. Fourtunately, I've found that I can still work in Windows when I have to ...as with some of my volunteer work. But oh do I miss my little silver keyboard when I do.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

That is exciting news! Congrats!
    Terese

Ladies thank you so much for your words of wisdom and support and advice should I need it! I am typing this now from my shiny new keyboard (Maureen!) all the while enjoying that new computer smell (Chrissy!)
    There are exciting times ahead! Just got to download PS and LR and then I'm all ready for action! (I may well be calling upon your help, Mel!)
    I adore how my photographs look on this amazing screen too - except the shots of me! They are way too detailed - the ones from our holiday in Kos where I am slinking my way into the pool trying to avoid the camera need destroying (way too much cellulite that I blissfully couldn't make out on my old monitor!!)
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7

It sounds like you are already in love with your new baby, Georgina! Congratulations!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

19. oh how awesome - its so exciting!
    shhbabymine (sarah)
    canon rebel xti
    PSE5
    my gallery