I know some of you are runners and just wondered if any of you had any experience of running induced allergies?

Odd, I know, but it's driving me mad. I run on a treadmill in the gym... I'm a plodder.... At the moment I'm running a maximum of 4km... And wIthout fail, I start sneezing when I get home and I have congestion, watery eyes, etc, etc, just like a cold lasting at least 48 hours - I kid you not! I'm not a hay fever sufferer but I've googled this and it appears it can happen with exercise.

I assume I'm allergic to something in the gym, yet if I don't run and just use the cross trainer, weights, etc, I'm fine! The only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm allergic to the 'paper' they have in the gym which I use to wipe away the perspiration (not sweat... Men sweat, right?) which tends to be worse if I run. I think I'll try using a towel from home next time to see if that makes any difference.

The web suggests using anti-histamines but I just wondered if any of you more seasoned runners had some tips or remedies? I'm not about to give up my exercise but it's making me feel a tad rough and it's so irritating!