Thread: Handwriting after your pages are printed?

Handwriting after your pages are printed?

Has anyone ever done their own handwriting after your pages are printed? I want to use my own handwriting and can't think of another way to do it. I am fine with doing it after they are printed I was just wondering if anyone else has done it and did you use a certain pen so that it would bleed?

I have used an ultra fine sharpie on pages that are slick, but some pages have a slight texture to them (like a photo) and I haven't tried on that. I had my handwriting turned into a font for my pages. That might be something to consider.
    ~Kelly

I have never personally done that, but it might just work The other option would be to get a font made from your handwriting...
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

oops, missed yours, Kelly
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I made an entire book as a Father's day present. I left blank spaces so the kids could write answers to the questions. I used a Fine point Sharpie Permanent maker. It was perfect no smudge...even with my left handed son. It turned out awesome. Honestly I love that book more than any other book as I feel it captures the kids' perfectly.
    I've included a few links to the pages below so you get an idea.
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ut-dad&cat=500
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...d-says&cat=500

Another idea is to write out what you want for your journaling. Scan it and open it up into PS. Then put it directly onto your layout before printing.
    I did that here for this page along with their artwork.
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...7s-day&cat=500

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your ideas. I've thought about turning my handwriting into a font. Do you know how to do it? Is is hard?

You could write your journalling on white paper, scan it and bring it in as a jpg, then use multiply as a blending mode to eliminate the white background. The downside here is that the journalling would not be editable once scanned....but could be replaced with a similarly produced text...
    Susan

I've gone through the Peas Fonts and found one similar enough to my half printed scrawl so that does me just fine.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

I love Doris' (aka echogirl) idea of adding writing with a permanent fine point sharpie.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

I'm not sure if she still does it but, Bailey (starlite9711) had an Etsy shop where she can make your handwriting into a font. You might contact her if you are interested.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I have used my Wacom tablet to write on my pages. I use a hard edge brush set to 4 pixels and it works great. Here are a few of the pages.

Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

I've used my tablet a few times too, but I don't like it so I rarely use it! I've also had my handwritting turned into a font, but sadly, it doesn't really resemble my handwriting, so I never use it. I LOVE the idea that Doris suggested above! Best of luck with your decision!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

What great ideas here! It is nice to personalize pages with one's own or kids' handwriting!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

So many wonderful ideas! A couple more suggestions. American Crafts makes a series of pens called "slick writers" available in an assortment of colors and they are great for writing on top of slick surfaces. If you want a digital form of your handwriting and you have an ipad there is an app called iFontMaker and you can make endless versions of your handwriting with it.

Julie you have beautiful handwriting!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Julie, your handwriting looks great! I can never get mine to look good using my pen. I'll have to try it again with your settings.
    ~Kelly

Thank you for all the tips. I definitely have some more options now. You ladies are great!

Hmmm i haven't really thought of this before - such a fun idea to write, right on your pages!!