Thread: Have a giggle

Hybrid View

Have a giggle

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

After I've posted a page in the gallery I almost always find something that bugs me so much (that obviously didn't bug me when it was in PSE) that I have to change it. I changed my AAM page only once and was so proud. I was printing the page out for my book today and found that I had made a mistake on that page that really should have been changed before printing . . . I made myself a year older than I really am! I had to laugh and then I had to laugh again because I actually had to do the math to make sure I was right.

Have you had a good laugh with yourself lately?
    ~Kelly

Ha! I swear I forget how old I am half the time and need to do the math. I only remember how old I am now because I'll be 50 this year.

What have I laughed at today? Lucky and his no shame. I was taking him for a walk this morning and the local constabulary drove past and stopped for a chat, being that I am friends with the policewoman driving. I was obviously chatting too long as Lucky made sure he pee'd on not only one, but two of the policevan's tyres!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Ha! I swear I forget how old I am half the time and need to do the math. I only remember how old I am now because I'll be 50 this year.
    I'm so lazy I am just going to quote Carol because it's exactly what I would have said ;-) (Well, actually it's January next year but I've gone there in my head already)

A few weeks ago I heard Keith say a number to the girls. When I asked him why he said some random number he informed me Talisa wanted to know who old he is. I gave him a strange look and told him he gave the wrong answer, LOL! He stood there and thought for a minute. Then I told him I bet Talisa was writing something in her notebook and her better correct himself. It was funny hearing him tell the girls he was wrong and uncertain of his own age!!

And sure enough, she was writing about him!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Carol, I AM 50. You'd think I could remember that! lol Lucky will keep you young. :O)

Kim, THAT makes me feel a little better. Since Keith isn't anywhere near my age I don't have to say it's "my age" that made me forget.
    ~Kelly

I remember because at least once a week one of my students asks me how old I am... You would think they would remember, but it does keep me from forgetting! But, there are very few days that go by that those students don't have me laughing to the point of tears-they crack me up!! I have been emphasizing SAT/ACT vocabulary this year and sometimes the stories I create to help them remember the words have us all laughing!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

7. I'm always making myself a year older than I am. Since my birthday is in October I'm always thinking about how old I'll be the next year and I use that number from January on. Somehow, I feel that I'm cheating myself! LOL!
    Patsy

Who ever added their age to the AAM challenge and did NOT have to count to be sure raise your hand..........................I thought so! Don't feel bad because we all do it. I always love when Grandchildren ask how old I am, and when I tell them they say oh wow or something along those lines. Along with the shocked look that Im still alive at that old age!!!

I frequently have to stop and think how old I am or how old my husband is. Right now I'm 65, so that's a little easier to remember. I think I'll just stay at 65.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Valerie, I think I'm safe in saying you must be a fantastic teacher. Any teacher who has laughing fits in class has to be making an impact on those kids. You must be a favorite in the school. :O)

Patsy, I feel the same way. I want that year BACK! lol
    kj, I can hear it, I can see it and I can feel it . . . because it's happened to me, too! lol Not with grandkids yet, but it's happened. Oh, that look . . .
    LOL, Lynn. :O)

I was thinking about all of this last night and came up with a little timeline:
    When we're kids we tell people proudly,"I'm 3!" When we are a little older it turns into, "I'm 6 and a half!". When we're teenagers we say, "I'm almost 18" (even though it's 10 months away). When we're young adults we seem to know exactly how old we are. Once we hit our 30's and 40's we usually just say, "I'm 30 something" and apparently, when you hit 50 you have to COUNT! lol Then, things change; Right around the 80 year mark the memory seems to come back when it comes to birthdays because they want you to know exactly how old they are just like when they were 3. Some even revert back to the "I'll be 88 soon" response (whether there was someone asking or not).

So Linda, you have a bit to go so just enjoy 65. :O)
    ~Kelly

11. Kelly, you described each decade perfectly! I'm still laughing! Hope I make it to the "I'm almost 88 stage"!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    Valerie, I think I'm safe in saying you must be a fantastic teacher. Any teacher who has laughing fits in class has to be making an impact on those kids. You must be a favorite in the school. :O)

Patsy, I feel the same way. I want that year BACK! lol
    kj, I can hear it, I can see it and I can feel it . . . because it's happened to me, too! lol Not with grandkids yet, but it's happened. Oh, that look . . .
    LOL, Lynn. :O)

I was thinking about all of this last night and came up with a little timeline:
    When we're kids we tell people proudly,"I'm 3!" When we are a little older it turns into, "I'm 6 and a half!". When we're teenagers we say, "I'm almost 18" (even though it's 10 months away). When we're young adults we seem to know exactly how old we are. Once we hit our 30's and 40's we usually just say, "I'm 30 something" and apparently, when you hit 50 you have to COUNT! lol Then, things change; Right around the 80 year mark the memory seems to come back when it comes to birthdays because they want you to know exactly how old they are just like when they were 3. Some even revert back to the "I'll be 88 soon" response (whether there was someone asking or not).

So Linda, you have a bit to go so just enjoy 65. :O)
    Patsy

You are so right, I will always remember my dad as almost 92!
    Me, I have to count!
    But, apparently my 32 year old son doesn't know how to play the age game, or maybe men don't? I put 21 on his birthday cake this year and he made me take the candles off before he would let me take a pic of him with it! Oh well...
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Never admit your age! for years I've been 40ish for more that 10 years - then 50ish for more than I care to admit. I decided when the Social Security stuff started coming in the mail I would admit to 60ish. I used to always remember my mother's age be the fact that she was 30 when I was born. I also have trouble with my kids ages - I tend to keep them the same age for several years1
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

14. My Dad was always 39. When my younger sister turned 39 she told him he'd have to revise that!
    Patsy

15. You've all got me laughing and it feels good!

You know the saying, you're only as old as you feel? Well, when my DH turned 60 a decade ago, he started quoting that saying, and adding, "And I feel 80!" Well, he was joking, but, when you start having a few aches and pains and stiff joints, sometimes, you do feel 80. You just can't let it get you down, though. Attitude is everything!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57