Thread: Would you do it?

Would you do it?

I have a very dear friend that I converted to digi scrapping () that calmly announced to me the other day that she was going to re-do all of her 3D layouts into digi layouts using the same look as before. She said that she would keep a few of her 3D pages but the rest would go digital.

I can't even fathom the work...... I have over 16 albums filled with 3D layouts!!

Would you convert yours?
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Wow, that would be a lot of work! Even though I had only done a couple of albums using real supplies before I converted to digi, I can't imagine redoing them in that way.

I think I'd like to reuse some of the photos to do updated versions, but my style is likely to have changed so much that I'd keep the paper ones to see how trends have changed. Recently I was looking for some traditional supplies for a project, and realised how many things have changed in the 5 years since I last did paper scrapping.

And well done on converting your friend to the fun side!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

I can see merit in that if she wants to reduce clutter. But maybe it would be more efficient to scan them all instead?
    I have a few very chunky travel albums that I intend rescrapping. As part of that process I want to add in journaling from my travel journal and scan in the memorabilia I collected. But that is about 20th on my list of scrapping projects!
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I have 13 creative memories albums and I would never dream of letting go of all that work. lol
    ~Kelly

I did redo one album. It was our trip to New York, and I did the redo so each of my sons would have a copy and it was easier to make one in digi like the paper and have it printed twice. I have re done a few other pages in digi-but I can't seem to get everything I have scrapped, much less go back and redo what I've done. Now, if I ever were to get caught up...
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

I have redone a few pages, only when I've been inspired. I couldn't image redoing several albums.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

I would never take the time to redo pages.(unless I totally hated them) Although I like my style and digital so much better now....then was then and that was the mode I was in. I so enjoyed creating all of my paper pages, I would never be able to throw those pages out...so then you would have both pages and wouldn't that defeat the purpose???
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I wouldn't take the time to redo pages either. Just can't imagine all of the work. Besides, I am behind as it is.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

No way! I can't imagine how long it would take, and then I'd be even further behind than I am right now!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

10. Quote Originally Posted by earlofoxford View Post
    No way! I can't imagine how long it would take, and then I'd be even further behind than I am right now!
    I was formulating what would do as I scrolled down . . . and then I saw Linda's and just decided to say "ditto" to what she said!!
    I am so far behind now, that I cannot imagine taking on a huge project like the one you describe . . . I would need to become a hermit and stay in front of my computer 24-7.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

I just don't think I could part with those paper scrapped books. There are so many pieces of memorabilia in them that bring back so many memories.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

No.

All that time could be spent on now!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

I could never part with mine either...so much love and work went into them!

Heck, no! Especially not if I wanted them to have the same look, why bother?? I sometimes like to look at my 3D albums and touch all the little things I put on there, they are here to stay
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

No...I wouldn't redo them. I have early digi pages that I almost cringe at when I look at them, but I won't redo them either. They are part of the history.
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

No way!!!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

17. I would just scan and print them, then toss the lumpy bumpy original. No way would I redo all them! Yikes!
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

I am not going to convert all of mine, but I might re-do some of them in the near future. This year I re-did my very first digital album (which was a Disney trip in 2007) because my first digital layouts were so darn offensive to look at (ever heard of a color wheel, Sarah?) I couldn't stand it any longer.

The expense is what would hold me back. I really don't like my early paper albums but I guess it's the equivalent of looking at your first car and thinking how dorky and outdated it is, because fads follow in scrapbooking and design just like they do in fashion, home decor, and architecture. So in way the design is a memory in and of itself.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4