Thread: Floridians . . . are you feeling left out?

Hybrid View

Floridians . . . are you feeling left out?

I read last night that there is snow on the ground in 49 of our 50 US states! All except Florida. 49 actually surprised me.
    Is any of you experiencing your first snow?
    ~Kelly

Really? That is crazy! Such a fun fact Kelly. Hope everyone stays warm here in the USA! (and cool down under...and it's surrounding friends)

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

That is such a fun fact! I personally would love to be in Florida right about now!

4. Wow, really? Hawaii, but not Florida? Old man Winter sure is throwing a hissy this year...
    Susan

5. No, Kelly, this Floridian is not feeling left out. But thanks for asking! I'm basking in our relatively balmy 58 degrees right now heading up to high 60's. I had enough of the snow and cold during the 30+ winters we spent in Minnesota. To everyone else, stay warm and enjoy the snow!
    Patsy

Patsy, enjoy those 60's for me! Mid 60's is my absolute favorite. :O)
    ~Kelly

49 out of 50, that is absurd! I know I wouldn't feel left out LOL!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I read that too! Parts of TX is getting snow. Not here though. We have a warm front--going to be in the 70's today and for the next few days. Have the windows open and the sun is shining.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

I saw that and just assumed somewhere in the panhandle of Florida got snow and that Hawaii was the state that didn't get any! That's what I get for not reading! Our temps are in the mid 60s today and will be back in the low 80s by mid week. It was chilly enough last night that we brought the girls inside. Their crate has been moved to the back porch because they STINK! I'll be glad when they can move permanently to Highclere Coop. They spent today in the run Don built them and loved pecking away at the ground.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Hawaii got snow???
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Hawaii got snow???
    Yep! Crazy, huh.
    ~Kelly

Well they can BARELY say Arizona us snow! I'm in Flagstaff right now and it is 65 degrees and there are just some leftover icy patches of snow. Boo!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

I am quite happy to be snowless, although a fine dusting would give me the day off here! The 50's is my tolerance threshold. Sorry for everyone who is having a rough time right now.

14. Enjoy your balmy weather Florida gals!!

Wish I were with you all.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

I might be the minority here, but Boooooooo!! Yes, I am feeling quite left out!! I know we are LUCKY to have such beautiful weather, and Myra is right any talk of flurries we would SHUT DOWN, because we just aren't equipped to handle that!! I would LOVE to have a few snow days and enjoy some snowman making and hot chocolate
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

16. Bailey, it sounds like you need a winter vacation up north!
    Patsy

The UK hasn't really seen any snow this winter - despite newspapers proclaiming that it would be our worst winter ever (last summer!!). May be they meant the USA!! 49 states out of 50 having snow is crazy!
    We are, however, getting your snow in it's wet weather form. Rain. Lots of it!! And more to come...
    Oh and apparently (they are at it again) the British tabloids are saying we will have a hottest summer ever.....um!
    Georgina
    My camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    Software: PSE 7 and Lightroom 3.7