Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey

Downton Abbey **spoilers here now**

It's that time again! (in the US anyway) Who's going to be watching Downton Abbey, season four on Sunday? I watched all three seasons last year and I am hooked! Can not wait to see it on Sunday.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

2. Can't wait and they have committed to a fifth season too. Love that program.

I can't wait either!! I love that show! The only problem is that DD got hooked on Revenge which will air at the same time I believe, so it's going to be decision time
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

We will be watching....even John likes it. We have the DVR all set, in case their is a conflict Highclere Castle is on my bucket list
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I will be there, too. :O)
    ~Kelly

6. I will be there in front of the TV on Sunday. I just saw the last episode of season 3 (which I had missed during the season) this last Sunday. It was a shocker and it made me really eager to start season 4! I've got my dh watching it, too. I'm trying to avoid reading spoilers about the new season.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

oh yeah! we just got caught up by reviewing seasons 1-3 on DVD (season 4 will be delivered on 01/28)! cannot wait!
    Debbie

Count me among those eagerly awaiting the start of Season 4!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

oh yeah....can. not. wait. I'm a huge DA fan!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

can not wait!!! love that show!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Just got done rewatching seasons 1-3. Am excited for season four!

We still have the last four episodes of Season 3 to watch! It will be a marathon weekend I guess!
    Jane

*Raises hand* - love the show and have the first 3 seasons on DVD - I'll be watching!
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

I'll be watching for sure. Love the show!
    Terese

You know I've never seen it. Should I? . Sounds like I should.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    You know I've never seen it. Should I? . Sounds like I should.
    Carol, run -- don't walk -- to the nearest TV and start watching!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I never heard of it until last year, Carol, and watched the first two seasons to get caught up before season three. It is such an awesome show. You have to watch the first three seasons before you go to season four, however. I bought them on iTunes and watched on my iPad, but I think it's on DVD also. It's fantastic!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

18. Oh, Carol, you must watch it. I know you would love it and get hooked just like the rest of us.
    Merrilee

Oh booooohoooo! I am on vacation/retreat (w/o the net)& will not be able to watch Episode one until tomorrow. I sure hope I can get PBS on demand on my iPad. If not, I'm getting a lesson in patience!! lol
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

Um ... trying not to show off here ... but we just finished watching the fourth season and already had the Christmas special too! I won't say anything about it except I didn't think the fourth season was so good, and I've lost interest now that Sybil then Matthew have gone .
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by anke View Post
    I can't wait either!! I love that show! The only problem is that DD got hooked on Revenge which will air at the same time I believe, so it's going to be decision time
    I watch both shows too!! Revenge really left people hanging before Christmas. I wonder if Downton is on Hulu?
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Quote Originally Posted by anke View Post
    i can't wait either!! I love that show! The only problem is that dd got hooked on revenge which will air at the same time i believe, so it's going to be decision time
    tivo!!!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Enjoy the show ladies! I think it was season 4 for us in the UK last year

I'm watching it. Very happy to realize it starts THIS sunday...not last!~

Will have to tape it while in India. But I will.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

Meeeee!

Uma, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought it was last week! I now have normal tv and am ready. Totally.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

27. I'm ready to watch the first episode of Season 4 here in the USA in just 30 minutes!!!
    Merrilee

I understand that Hulu took it off, much to one friend's dismay. I DVR it since DH likes it as well but needs to be in bed early for early (5am) work schedule on Monday morning.
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

OK....can someone (Joanne) explain something to me??? I am under the assumption that Mary is the daughter of the Earl of Grantham. She was married to Matthew Crawley....he died....why in the world was he (Matthew) leaving 50% of DA to her in his will? Wouldn't she have been the rightful owner, with or without him?? I am assuming in "those times" a woman was unsuitable to inherit property and/or a manor??? Maybe I am reading too much into this, but they are making it a pretty big part of the story line. And weren't there 3 or 4 girls including Sybil whom also died....so if they were dividing equal...she really would have only had a 25% share???

Just a burr under my saddle...because ranches tend to get divided up......equal is not always equitable!!
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Quote Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
    OK....can someone (Joanne) explain something to me??? I am under the assumption that Mary is the daughter of the Earl of Grantham. She was married to Matthew Crawley....he died....why in the world was he (Matthew) leaving 50% of DA to her in his will? Wouldn't she have been the rightful owner, with or without him?? I am assuming in "those times" a woman was unsuitable to inherit property and/or a manor??? Maybe I am reading too much into this, but they are making it a pretty big part of the story line. And weren't there 3 or 4 girls including Sybil whom also died....so if they were dividing equal...she really would have only had a 25% share???

Just a burr under my saddle...because ranches tend to get divided up......equal is not always equitable!!
    I think the issue was the division of his ownership, because he owned the majority of DA. It appears that Lord Grantham wanted to be back in charge but now it's not going to happen. I'm just glad Mary finally pulled herself together...it was a bit slow for me in the beginning.
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast