Thread: The AAM Challenges are back!

The AAM Challenges are back!

I am so excited that we are bringing back the All About Me Challenges! Head over to the Designer Digitals blog for all the details.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0

Yea!!! I'm ready.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

it's such a great challenge, a real challenge for me I don't like to talk about myself too much LOL....
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Woo hoo -- I love these challenges. I'm putting all my AAM pages in a separate album which I hope Katie and Sam will like looking at when they're older. Wouldn't you love to know what was going on with your grandmother on a regular day in her life?
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

So exciting!! This is such an important subject as challenging as it may be at times! Off to check it out and hopefully create a page!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Fantastic.....I would have loved to read about the everyday challenges my parents/grandparents had. Makes me think about Downton Abbey......how could I ever get dressed without a maid??? Oh the horrors!!!
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

ok that just cracked me up

Quote Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
    Fantastic.....I would have loved to read about the everyday challenges my parents/grandparents had. Makes me think about Downton Abbey......how could I ever get dressed without a maid??? Oh the horrors!!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Quote Originally Posted by blkcow View Post
    What?? Your maid didn't come in to dress you this morning, Pam? If she's unacceptable, you could post a notice in The Lady for a new one.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3

Yay, I always meant to take part in the AAM challenges, glad to get in at the start this time!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

So excited about this!!
    Trace

I'm so glad to see all the excitement! These are so much fun!
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery

I looooooove these challenges Steph. When I did all the ones last time that was when my computer died so lost a lot. Soooo going to jump on board again. Fun fun.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

We have so many great challenges here at DD! I never have to think of a scrapping subject. Thanks Steph!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

I have never done this challenge before..to be honest it will be a challenge for sure as I am not one to talk much about myself nor do I take many pics of myself. My question is do I have to include a picture of myself?? (pretty dumb question i know)
    Thanks
    Erin

My camera- Canon Rebel SL1, my Iphone 5S
    My lenses- EFS-18-55mm IS, EFS 55-250mm telephoto IS,
    PSE 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie88 View Post
    I have never done this challenge before..to be honest it will be a challenge for sure as I am not one to talk much about myself nor do I take many pics of myself. My question is do I have to include a picture of myself?? (pretty dumb question i know)
    Thanks
    No rules, Erin -- just have fun! The page I did for this challenge doesn't have any pictures.
    Linda

Steph, one more thank you for you - especially after reading your page and (FB posts) about the extremely challenging times you are going through. What you wrote and usually do in your pages for these challenges gets me to look a bit more inside. A very good balance to the pretty and usually happy of the PL pages. mwahaha!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Thanks
    It's a first for me too Erin! I doubt that mine will include a photo but as Linda (earlofoxford) says... no rules Don't you just love no rules?!
    I'm going to prep mine in my lunch hour tomorrow so I'm ready to roll when I get home tomorrow evening!

Thanks for the challenge Steph... I love the prompts as it's often half the battle knowing what to write!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Thanks
    Hi Erin - Like Linda said, no rules!!! I often include no photos or photos of something else that I mention in my journaling. BUT........I really encourage you to include photos of yourself some of the time!!! We all hate to be in front of the camera but I guarantee you that you and your loved ones will appreciate it later.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Steph, one more thank you for you - especially after reading your page and (FB posts) about the extremely challenging times you are going through. What you wrote and usually do in your pages for these challenges gets me to look a bit more inside. A very good balance to the pretty and usually happy of the PL pages. mwahaha!
    Oh Maureen - you never fail to lift me up!!! I've had a very rough week and really needed to hear that something I'm doing is right. Thank you!!!!! xoxo
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lizziet5 View Post

Thanks for the challenge Steph... I love the prompts as it's often half the battle knowing what to write!
    Oh good! I'll keep that in mind and include them whenever I can.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery