Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts Galore Valentine Chat with Merr

1. Smile Hearts Galore Valentine Chat with Merr

:
    Hi Everyone!

Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love.
- Leo Tolstoy
    With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we are going to chat about dressing up our scrapbook pages and greeting cards with hearts!

What do you think of when you think of Valentine’s Day?

I think of:
    Roses and romance
    Chocolate candy
    and, of course, hearts on scrapbook pages and Valentines
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

2. I invite you to stay tuned to this thread. Throughout the day, I will add to the thread.

Here's what's coming:

A challenge with a chance to win a Gift Certificate to the DD store
    A link for a freebie from Katie
    Links to Valentine trivia and history
    Links to my Pinterest Boards: Hearts, Scrapbook Pages With Hearts and Scrapbook Designs for Heart Themed pages
    Examples from the Creative Team
    Product suggestions for Valentine pages
    Merrilee

Thanks Merrilee- I might not buy into the all the Valentine hype, but I absolutely love, love, love all things heart!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Love that quote Merr!

When I think of valentine's day I think of flowers and chocolate and sentimental cards!

Randy and I always take a lot of time when choosing just the right card for each other!
    And for Kelly, it's always meant a special present that usually includes a stuffed animal of sorts!

Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

5. Hi Valerie and Katie!

My DH and I have been exchanging the same Valentine card for over 30 years! One year I saved the card he gave me and gave it back to him and he saved it and gave it me and so on and so on! I have to find it so I can give it to him this year!
    Merrilee

6. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.-Helen Keller

Here is the Challenge for my chat:

Create a layout with a Valentine theme and you could be the lucky winner of a $10.00
    Gift Certificate to the DD store! You have until 6:00 PM EST, Sunday, February 9th, 2014, to post your layout in this gallery:

http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...y.php?cat=2606

A random winner for the Gift Certificate will be announced on Monday, February 10th.
    Merrilee

That is so sweet!!! I know it's not Valentine related-but I unknowingly gave my dad the same Birthday card at least 3 years in a row- Finally, he told me, I guess I really liked that card! After I compared them, I noticed that the size was a bit different for each year, but the pic and the sentiment stayed the same. I think even at 91, he had a better memory than me!
    Valerie

PSE12

8. Quote Originally Posted by ValerieP View Post
    That is so sweet!!! I know it's not Valentine related-but I unknowingly gave my dad the same Birthday card at least 3 years in a row- Finally, he told me, I guess I really liked that card! After I compared them, I noticed that the size was a bit different for each year, but the pic and the sentiment stayed the same. I think even at 91, he had a better memory than me!
    Too funny!
    Merrilee

9. All About Love Sampler

Here is the link to Katie's generous freebie:
    https://www.hightail.com/download/el...bWcwZ25tcXRVag
    Merrilee

10. Hi.... I love all things with hearts.... your 2 quotes are fantastic - I'll be in and out..... got to go to the grocery store... and then I can play!!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

11. Links to my Pinterest Boards
    It?s no secret that I love to collect and categorize beautiful ideas and images, so, when Pinterest came along, I soon became a frequent visitor to the site and avid pinner!

My Pinterest Board with images of Hearts
    http://www.pinterest.com/digigrandma/hearts/

My Pinterest Board with Favorite Scrapbook pages with a heart motif
    http://www.pinterest.com/digigrandma...a-heart-motif/

My Pinterest Board with DD Products related to Hearts
    http://www.pinterest.com/digigrandma...s-with-hearts/

I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and then I'll be back with layouts from the CT to inspire you! Product ideas, too!
    Merrilee

Katie, it cracks me up that Kelly still gets stuffed animals, Gabby is the same way! In some ways the don't want to grow up completely yet
    Wonderful theme, Merr, I hope to have a chance to get something done, the freebie is so cute and tempting
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

13. Thank, Anke! Good to see you this morning! It is a great freebie from Katie!

Hi Debbie! I'm glad you are stopped by and I hope you're buying some chocolate at the grocery store!
    Merrilee

14. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.?- Lao Tzu

My ideas and examples that I will add throughout the day are in the following categories:

I'm going to start out with my 3 favorite layouts I found while browsing for examples!

From there we'll look at:

1. Hearts Galore in Element Packs
    2. Templates and Readymades to speed up scrapping Valentine pages
    3. Heart shaped frames to highlight a special photo
    4. Heart ideas for Project Life pages
    5. Hearts on Guy pages
    6. Paper Packs with a heart motif
    7. Kits with a Valentine?s Theme
    8. Valentine Tags
    9. Brushes with Hearts
    10. Word Art for Valentines
    Merrilee

Good morning, Merr! It will be fun to see all the Valentine pages in the gallery today! Katie's freebie is lovely and you have given us loads of great inspiration! It's -5 degrees here this morning, so I'll be sitting with my laptop on my lap scrapping and trying to stay warm!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

16. Special photo with a heart for Valentine's Day
    layout by digishoes
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...p?photo=188533

LeeAnne went wild with ribbons and strips. And, do you love the special Valentine pose for the photo? I do!

Merrilee

17. I just got the freebie - thanks - chocolate at the store - wasn't on the list but maybe I need to add it....

18. wow that is an incredible inspiration page!!!!

19. Hi Lynn It is very cold here, too. It has been for days!

products used by LeeAnne:

Hugs and Kisses Page Titles Mega Pack
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...oducts_id/7022

and Word Labels No. 03
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...oducts_id/9091

and Pebbled Love No. 01
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ducts_id/13557

Merrilee

20. Merr, I'm always impressed with how much work you put into your challenges and how detailed you are. I've already begun looking through them AND found the hearts you used for your Valentine Chat page in your gallery from your products page on Pinterest. Thanks to you and Katie for the fabulous freebie too. This will be a fun challenge. I'll be back and forth looking for your inspiration pages.
    Brenda

I must agree with Brenda, you put so much work and preparation time into your chats, you are amazing, Merr!
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

22. Special February page by Katie
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...p?photo=168636

I chose Katie's page because it is romantic and gorgeous and the photo features roses!

The artistic, vintage looking paper Katie used is from:
    Letter Box Love Paper Pack
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...oducts_id/6761

Merrilee

Love your boards on pinterest!! Hope to get some pages done today! Thanks for the inspiration and the freebie.

24. Thank you, Ang, Brenda and Anke! I really enjoy scouting around in the gallery for the examples to show you all and Pinterest is just my cup of tea!
    Merrilee

Love that page you shared! And, yes, pinterest is a great place for eye candy!
    Valerie

PSE12

26. Outstanding circular layout by Amy L

Amy created this for one of our photo swaps. The photo is by dfwest.

Amy used this fantastic little kit in creating her design.
    Readymade Banners: Love No. 02 by Kayleigh Wiles
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...ducts_id/15374

Merrilee

Just popping in to say Good Morning. I can't wait to play with the freebie and create a page. Last year when I spent $$$ on Valantne's cards that I didn't even like I decided "never again" Since then I have been making all my cards for all occasions! For that reason I haven't been around much for the last week - making the cards takes time but I'm really happy with them. So right now to me when I think of Valentine's Day I think of making cards - LOL! Not very romantic - until I get to making the one for David!! I'll be in and out today - I really must do some (minimal) housework!!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Hiya,

When I think of Valentine's day it's all pinks and reds, and hearts. I confess we don't tend to bother with it after a couple of years of one of us remembering and the other not.

I'm feeling more Valentine-y this year than normal as I sit here preparing table place cards for my sister's wedding in two weeks time. She was going to choose Valentine's Day, but instead went for the 23rd. I'll pop in and out between wrestling with ribbon and double-sided tape....

Love all the inspiration, Merr, Pinterest has just been the best thing for these kinds of chats, love the hard work you put in to collate your ideas!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

29. Good morning, Merr! It is good to see you here . . . I hope to pop in from time to time today to see what you and the other scrappers are up to. I'm off to take a look at your Pinterest boards now!
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Good morning everyone! I agree that Merr's chats are wonderful, so detailed, so much eye candy and inspiration!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast