Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Quarter Chat with Cathy Z: Photos I Love

1st Quarter Chat with Cathy Z: Photos I Love

Hello everyone, and welcome to my thread for the 1st Quarter Sale. Thanks for stopping in and thanks for being part of the Designer Digitals community!

Today I have a free download for you and a challenge. First, here's the download:

CZ_ChatFreebie2014Q1PREV.jpg

https://www.hightail.com/download/el...WkI1bml4djhUQw

THE CHALLENGE FOR TODAY
    Use any part of the free digital package to share a photo you love, and of course, when you post the photo to our event gallery, tell me why you love it. Tell me the story behind it.

I figured Valentine's Day is just around the corner, so why not celebrate stuff or people (or photos of those very topics) that we love.

Here is a photo I love:

aidan.jpg

The story behind the photo: My oldest child is heading off to college next year. While we are so excited for her new adventures that lie ahead, there is also a part of this mama's heart that knows it will be quite an adjustment to not live with this girl on a full time basis. I've been trying to make sure I photograph her in her surroundings often. Like any teen, her room is her oasis. On this day, it was clean and she was in the process of getting ready for a date (WHAT? This is crazy!), so I grabbed the camera and snapped some shots. I should note: this child has always been willing to smile for the camera, since she was old enough to know what one was.

I'm quite certain that time is moving faster this year, so I've been definitely more deliberate in my memory keeping. I also used this photo in my Project Life album and on a hybrid layout I recently made and shared on my blog.

Today, share a favorite photo, include part of the artwork from my free download, and at the end of the day, I'll choose a winner at random to receive a $10 gift certificate for the store.
    Post your photos here in our Event Gallery. Tag the post, "CZ Photos I Love."

Today if you have any questions for me, I'll be coming back to this thread throughout the day and am happy to answer.

I'll also share a few more of my recent favorites throughout the day as well.

Thanks for being here today and I look forward to seeing the photos you love.

NOTE: The letter "A" I used on my photo is part of a new brush set you can find here.
    Visit My Blog

Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
    Lenses: Canon 24-70mm 2.8L; Canon 50mm f 1.4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5
    Platform: Mac
    Sign: Pisces

2. Fantastic idea Cathy, and thanks for the freebie. Looking forward to this challenge.
    Brenda

Good morning! Wonderful and fun idea, Cathy! I have the perfect photo in mind
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Hi Cathy! Looking forward to playing along! I've found a photo that I'm going to work with Thanks for the freebie!
    Liz

My gear: Nikon D5000
    Software: PSE 7

Thanks for the challenge-now to narrow to one photo!!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

Good morning, ladies! Glad to see you popping in early today!
    Visit My Blog

Thanks for the freebie! I have mine all ready to upload, but I can't see where I should upload it? There doesn't seem to be a 2014 1st quarter chat category, or am I just missing it? I posted the photo here.

http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...04678&cat=1386

Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Good morning! Thanks for that cute example, Cathy. I wish my kids were so willing to have their pictures taken, plus their rooms would be a deterrent for sure But I love the story behind it and I love how you used your new alpha circles!! I have to keep that in mind!!
    Anke

My gear:
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

10. Thanks for the freebie - I'm off to the store and then I get to play!!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

Quote Originally Posted by fortlady View Post
    Thanks for the freebie! I have mine all ready to upload, but I can't see where I should upload it? There doesn't seem to be a 2014 1st quarter chat category, or am I just missing it? I posted the photo here.

http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...04678&cat=1386
    When you go to UPLOAD, there is a drop down menu, and you can scroll way down to 1st Quarter 2014 Event Gallery! Does this help?
    Visit My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by anke View Post
    Thanks Anke! When I go there and click on upload photo, a dropdown pops up with choices. Default is member gallery, I can't find the 2014 category in the dropdown box?

when I click on the link, the first one in the drop down is the sales event category for me.... that's weird
    Anke

My gear:
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Did you try to go through the link I posted?
    Anke

My gear:
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I think I've posted mine in the correct place...?!
    Liz

Are all the 1st quarter sale events being uploaded to the same gallery?
    Liz

17. Hi Cathy! I'm your neighbor in Polar Bear land here in Minnesota! I was just over in your neck of the woods visiting the Como Park Conservatory. Great place to escape for an hour or two from the bitter cold we've experienced.

So your girl goes off to college next year? Already? We've so enjoyed seeing her photos as she's grown up.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

So weird, I've looked and looked in the drop down box and the right category isn't there for me. I even tried to edit the photo I uploaded to move it, but that gallery just isn't there!

If you are going through the categories in the drop down menu, it is located right underneath the Heritage Gallery
    Anke

My gear:
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thank you! I'll play along
    Elaine

family blog: Joy Embraced
    gear: Canon Rebel T1i
    Canon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS; Canon 50mm f1.8
    PSE7

Thanks for the freebie, Cathy! Love the challenge! Now I'm off to find a photo
    Sylvia

Hi Cathy! I've been following all the great ways you've used this photo on your blog. Love your style and inspiration!

23. I can't seem to upload it correctly either. If I hit the link above it gets me the gallery but then the first quarter 2014 isn't an option. I uploaded a photo but have no clue where it went.
    Kathleen

also known as Katemac

For those of you having difficulty, the gallery for the 1st Quarter Sale Event is quite far down the list.

Anke's link above takes me to it... hope you've found it!
    Liz

25. This is all I see in my drop down menu:Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 10.54.14 AM.jpg
    Kathleen

also known as Katemac

Cathy, I love your clean and simple style... when I'm trying to do the same I have to fight with myself not to throw all sorts of things on the page! I keep telling myself to use the mantra 'less is more'!

I'm enjoying using your Life Basics Minimal Templates for my Project Life... just wish my weeks were a little more interesting!
    Liz

Kathleen - what do you see if you click on Anke's link?
    Liz

Having to dip out now... errands to run but I'll pop back to the gallery later and check out all the talent!
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    Hi Cathy! I'm your neighbor in Polar Bear land here in Minnesota! I was just over in your neck of the woods visiting the Como Park Conservatory. Great place to escape for an hour or two from the bitter cold we've experienced.

So your girl goes off to college next year? Already? We've so enjoyed seeing her photos as she's grown up.
    Merrilee! You were literally half a mile from my front door!
    Visit My Blog

Cathy, I have loved seeing your sweet girl grow up too! Good luck to her as she makes her college plans!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast