Thread: How do you decide...

How do you decide...

...whether to put your layout in the Project Life or the P365 category? Any rules to follow?
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

I don't think it really matters. It's wherever you feel like you want to post. I put my pages from last year in the 365 gallery because I felt my pages were a record of photos more than giving a journaled account of the week.
    ~Kelly

Well, the Project Life gallery is inside the 365 gallery. So I think the question is whether it is a Project Life style or not. If you're using pocket pages or are doing something that would be inspiring to someone doing Project Life, pop it in there! My 365 pages have just a single photo so I don't post in there.

ETA: Whoops! I just noticed that they ARE actually separate galleries! It is tricky to choose!
    Last edited by esther_a; 02-05-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Error
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

I put mine in the PL section because that is the thought behind them. I usually have one page, if I do two, that is roughly in the PL style.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I've wondered the same thing. I generallly post mine in the Project Life because they don't give an account of everyday. Mine are more a smattering of things or photos of happenings during the month.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

6. Hi Anx!

I really shouldn't give my opinion since I don't do either of these projects, but, here's how I differentiate the two approaches.

365 to me, means a photo a day or at least a journal entry for each day.

Project Life means weekly pages with a mix of photos and journaling that could be daily for the week or just the highlights for the week.

Like others have said, no set rules for either approach; you do what you like and what works the easiest for you.

As far as which gallery, no set rules there either. We just like to see the pages!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I've thought of it similar to Merr...especially that last part...we just like to see the pages!!
    Connie

I post in the Project Life because I don't do a photo a day... I just combine my photos from the week. Some weeks it is lots and other times it is just a few

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Thanks guys... I really should get going now - haven't done anything since my first..
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

I believe you will be fine either way, but my mind thinks the same way as Merr mentioned above!! Either way, I am excited to see your pages where ever you decide to post!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17