Thread: Shutterfly photo printing

Shutterfly photo printing

I know people talk about turning off "vivid" when printing pages/books with shutterfly so colors stay true. Is that also necessary when just printing 4x6 prints from the camera?!? I recently used a 101 free prints offer and got prints to share with other people. I have to say I am less than impressed with the colors!!! Some were even so bad, I considered NOT giving those prints to people!
    Did I need to make an adjustment somewhere or check a box?!?!
    Brenda - wife, mother, animal lover!
    Canon Rebel T3i
    Windows 7 & PSE 11

2. I only check that box for the jpegs I upload as scrapbook pages to put in a Shutterfly book.

I have generally been pleased with the prints from Shutterfly, but, I don't order prints very often.

I would definitely let them know you are unhappy.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

No help here, sorry. I've only ordered albums and Christmas cards through Shutterfly. And with those I did check the vivid box.
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Brenda .. lately, the only time I order prints from Shutterfly is when I see the email offering free prints .. can't beat 'em for free if you turn off vivid. I have always turned it off whether for prints or books. I also ordered during the latest 101 free prints and my colors were pretty much spot on to what I saw on the computer. If you have already made your adjustments in photoshop/elements/lightroom then it is best to not let them make any other adjustments. Hope this helps for the future.
    Gail