Thread: Perth Bush Fires

Perth Bush Fires

Sharon hope all is well with you with the bush fires/smoke and that it's not too distressing for Claire...

Thank so much for your concern.
    We are not close to the fires, although we do have friends who live in the hills that run along the east of the city and our little school is in the foothills - but they all seem to be out of harm's way this time. Claire always smells the smoke well before I do, but doesn't seem overly worried. The very thought of bushfire terrifies me. I can't listen to the bushfire warnings on radio without getting upset, I'm afraid, especially the ones that tell certain residents that it is no longer safe to leave their properties. It's one of the reasons I live where I do, even though I love the beauty of the hills area.
    One poor man (62) years lost consciousness on the roof of his home while defending it and died, and so far 27 homes have been destroyed. I HATE this time of the year.
    Sharon

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

So glad all is well with you, Sharon -- brush fires are terrifying. We get them when it's very dry in the summer.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

4. Stay safe, Sharon! So scary!
    Susan

Have been thinking of you guys Sharon. Such a scary time of year - we're in for a dry heatwave all week here and I imagine you are the same...
    Thinking of all those firefighters out there too...
    Jenelle

My Gallery

I was thinking about you this morning when I saw the news on telly over brecky Sharon. I can't imagine the type of heat you are getting although it's hotting up here, I'm lucky I work on the coast, but now to drive inland home! Yuck.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Verry scary, indeed!! Keep safe!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

A much cooler day today, thank goodness. Upwards of 50 homes lost, but they're saying it's a good job there weren't more - over 400 properties at risk over the weekend.
    Sharon

Prayers for the safety of all Sharon. Stay hydrated!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5