Thread: Wacom Tablet

Wacom Tablet

Does anyone have knowledge about the life expectancy of a Bamboo Fun? I have been using the mouse for awhile now (I switch back and forth between that and the pen) and it has been acting up lately. Takes several clicks to target something, won't drag a layer but "opens" it instead, etc . . . I've had mine for several years now, but can't find FAQ that fit my problem. There is no battery for the mouse so I'm not sure what to try.
    ~Kelly

I've had mine for a few years also, Kelly and only use the pen. I did have problems once, selecting the wrong item and just generally acting a bit quirky. I downloaded the updated drivers and that solved the problem.
    Terese

I have one, I think it's a Fun, I'm like you and go back and forth between the mouse and pen, but it's all good here, I've had mine for years. Hmmmm. I guess there's wear and tear on everything, I wonder if an email to Wacom May shed light.

Let them know you're a heavy duty user will ya
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

There are new drivers. . . oops. hummm, maybe I should try that. If that doesn't work, I contact Wacom. Thanks girls. :O)
    ~Kelly

I've had mine for several years and maybe two years ago the mouse began to "squeak"... the roller just stopped responding and cleaning did nothing... several on the forum were using the pen so I forced myself to go that route and haven't turned back... I think it's a great product for the money but maybe the mouse is the weak link.. new drivers did nothing to remedy the situation... I'm hooked on the pen as it's so precise... hope you have luck finding a solution Kelly...

6. I use only the pen. I have to replace the nibs every so often as it gets hours and hours of use!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Mine is several years old now and is working perfectly. I have never used the mouse..only the pen. My only complaint is that I have sectioned off the pad and am now working on my 4th section. ...each of the sections have scratch lines from where I have used the pen so much. So I am wondering about upgrading...maybe to the Pen and Touch.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my gorgeous Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I was thinking about upgrading, too Pam. I can't draw lines that aren't squiggly. I haven't researched it enough to decide if it's the Bamboo Fun or if it's the operator. :OP
    ~Kelly

I just got the grand boy the newest small intuous tablet and he took to it right away. Drawing like a crazy man!!

Go for it Kelly. You NEED it.
    just call me Uma

I guess I SHOULD remove the blinkie.
    BUT I'm not gonna!

Retired Creative Team Member and always family

OMGosh, Patricia. Now I have to go look it up. geez.
    ~Kelly

I got that one for my DIL for Christmas, from Amazon....it works for both PC or Mac. She loves it If (when) I update, I will go with this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-T...s=wacom+intuos
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my gorgeous Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!

Ok, P. . . did you get him the intuous pen or the intuous pro? I have a bamboo fun and the site tells me that was replaced by the intuous pen. I'm hoping for something that gives me a smoother drawn line and writing.

Pam, that's one I was looking at. Do you think it's an upgrade from the Bamboo fun?

ETA: It looks like the software that comes with it is worth the price of the tablet itself! Good way to get PSE10 if I didn't already have it. It also looks like the software is what would help the smoothness. I might have to find an excuse to buy this one.
    ~Kelly

Kelly....I would say it looks like it is an upgrade. The pen looks very different that what I use now. The nib seems much "fatter". The eraser on the other end....instead of looking shiny and black, looks like a spongy eraser. She didn't set it up as she left her computer at home....but I am sure she will give me an update. It doesn't have the pen "holder" like we have now. It is a small fabric tag that you have to slip the pen in. I don't think it looks real handy and I will probably keep my old holder. Sometimes (like now) I hold the pen in my hand while typing, other times I put it in the holder for just a second or 2. I think the pen also has a flat side, so it you lay it down, it won't roll away. Genius, in my mind

Funny thing though.....I am having some wrist issues (which I have never had before) and I am wondering if it's because I have moved my active section further away from my body and I am having to stretch to reach it. I may change it back to the closest corner and see if that helps.

I can totally draw straight lines, just by keeping the shift button down while I move the pen across the page. If you have the grid option on, you can see it makes you "lock in" on one of the lines from the grid.

I hope I have enabled you
    Pam

Thanks for that information, Pam. Straight lines are not the problem as, like you said I just hold down the shift. It's when I want to write something or draw something that the lines aren't smooth.
    As for that little loop thing, that will never be used with me, either. My problem is walking away from the computer with that darn pen in my hand! Then I get back to the computer and can't find the darn thing. I use to own two pens for that very reason, but one finally gave out on me and I didn't replace it. Maybe I need a tether for it.
    ~Kelly

15. I have an intros which I have never opened! I am just so bad, aren't I? Mine is so old now.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

I got my new intuos today. It works much better than my old bamboo. I think mine was just giving out.
    ~Kelly

17. I have a Bamboo Fun and never got the hang of it. Maybe I should get it out and try again.
    ~Karen~

My gear: imac, CS5, Nikon D90, 35mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8.

Which did you get Kelly? I am looking at the CTH 480 Intous Pen and Touch Small. Mine old Bamboo is still working, but I am anxious for the newer version. Enable me please!!!
    Pam