Thread: Which camera should I get?

Question Which camera should I get?

My DH is getting me one for Mother's Day! I've been scoping out advance point and shoots and narrowed it down to:

Canon Powershot S3IS
    Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-F8

I'm ugrading from a very basic Kodak EasyShare so any of these are a big step up. I had my heart set on FinePix, but after reading some reviews (dpreview and cnet) I'm having second thoughts because the image stabilization doesn't work so well. I take photos of my kids indoors in low light most of the time. They're constantly moving around.

Does anyone have any suggestions or use any of these? If you have a Finepix, is the image stabilization really that bad or can I overlook it and be ok with my high energy DDs?

2. i was going to buy the powershot S3 IS (but i got an SLR instead). it got awesome reviews. but i also heard that the lumix was really nice, too! i, unfortunately, don't know much about the finepix!
    -- Caroline

blog
    gallery

Nikon D50, Nikkor 50mm f1.8, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6
    Photoshop CS3

I've heard good things about the Powershot S3IS and I've seen awesome shots that were taken using this camera. Some were even published in a magazine here.
    As for the Lumix, a good friend was planning to buy one after reading through dozens of online reviews but the price difference with the Nikon D40 wasn't too big so she got the D40 instead.
    Abie
    My Gallery
    My Photos
    My Blog
    Cameras: Olympus E-500 (DSLR) and Olympus C-765 (Point and Shoot)
    Lenses: 17.5-45mm F3.5-5.6 Kit Lens, 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 Kit Lens, 50 mm F2.0 Macro Lens
    Others: Circular Polarizer, Remote Control