Thread: I ordered 180 (12x12) prints!

I ordered 180 (12x12) prints!

And I'm sure there are some others I missed. It has been a little over 2 years since I ordered any prints.... it is so easy to do, but yet I procrastinate. This is my year of getting things done and I started with (well, I actually started by cleaning out my pantry and that was quite an eye-opener!) my scrapbook pages. Now the hard work is ahead of me... getting each page in its proper place in the albums!

Does anyone have a good strategy, or routine for printing their pages?
    Julie DeGuia
    Kennewick, WA
    My Blog

2. Julie - I get mine at Persnickety Prints and I order in groups of app 20 because I can't wait to see them.... I buy the credits ahead....I load the page when I finish add it to my cart and when I get app 20 there I hit purchase.... all I have to pay for is the shipping.... since I already have the "credit" for the prints .... it has 2 benefits I can see what my mistakes are before I get to far into a project....and I get to put them in the album.... I have a temporary album that I use and I add them to there permanent home when the project is done....then the book has "clean" protectors and they are in a good order to my eye... I use the bed to spread them out on....to put them in order...
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

If you keep your albums by year, separate what you ordered by year and then within that year, but them in date order (that is, if you keep your albums chronological like I do.) Like Debbie, I get anxious to have my layouts back and in their albums, so I order when I hit 25-30 pages. I would be so excited to see 180 layouts!!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Very fun!! I love when I get those big orders!!
    Jodi
    LOVES it here!

Camera: Canon 60d
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3

So very exciting!! When I save a page; I save the file name with the date first! Then when I print off my pages, the file name is printed on the back (at least with Persnickity). Then I can put all the pages in order!! My last order was a big one too. So I separated all the prints into piles by year. Then I put each pile in order chronologically, and put them in the binders!

Best of luck
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

6. I usually order in batches of close to 100...I am trying to be better about saving my PSD, jpeg for web and a hi res jpeg, as soon as I finish my LO. Once I am happy that I haven't missed any typo's, then I upload to scrappingsimply. As I said, I need to be better at doing this......
    Susan

Oh, I love it when I get my pages and can see them in real life! I'm a rather slow scrapper, so I neither have big bunches nor order very often, but this year I'm planning to print my PL pages in the beginning of April, July, October and January. I think getting my hands on them will keep me going in the project, plus it's more fun for the kids that way as they seldom browse the layouts on my mac.
    -anx -

My Gallery
    My toys: Canon 5D mkII, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro, Sigma 50 mm f/1.4, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8
    iMac with Lightroom 5, Adobe CS6 Design Premium

So fun. It is like Christmas to get prints in the mail I try to order twice a year with the sales... that keeps me fairly up to date. That way it isn't such a huge job to put them all together once they arrive. I have five working albums ... Project Life, our yearly family album, and each kid has an 8X8... so it can get messy if I get behind.

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

9. Wow that is exciting!

I print at home. And stack the prints. Once in a while I put them in chronological order. And stack some more. And there they sit until I can no longer stand it and then I spend days and days cutting them to the right size and adding them to albums. It is the cutting them down part that is the main problem. I print on letter sized paper but the lo's are all 8x8 so they all need to be cut down for the albums. I am seriously considering letter sized scrapping just so I will stop stacking. But it is fun to see them printed!

I do the same thing, I use pre purchased credits and once I get them, I have to sort them all LOL. That is the problem with not scrapping chronologically
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

This is exactly what I do. I buy the print credits when they go on sale and then order twice/year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen D View Post
    So fun. It is like Christmas to get prints in the mail I try to order twice a year with the sales... that keeps me fairly up to date. That way it isn't such a huge job to put them all together once they arrive. I have five working albums ... Project Life, our yearly family album, and each kid has an 8X8... so it can get messy if I get behind.
    Steph
    My blog - steph's stuff
    My DD gallery - gallery
    Let's be friends on Facebook

Camera: Canon 40D, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, 17-50mm f/2.8
    Software: Photoshop Elements 10.0