Thread: What can't you live without ???

What can't you live without ???

I was heading in to work this morning and they were talking to someone on the radio as to what things she couldn't live without. She had some funny things but it made me think this could be a fun discussion here.

Sooooo.... considering our top three would most likely be - scrapbooking, camera and computer/internet, and of course family/loved ones, etc. - how about we list the next top 3 or 5 or however many things we don't think we could live without. And we can be totally self-indulgent about it.

This will be fun.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

So for me, off the cuff and in no particular order, and probably a bit silly, it would be...

* My iPhone - love everything about it.
    * The taste of caramel - it makes me happy.
    * Running - a love I have developed over the last 12 months, it's become a passion.
    * My hairdresser - love her to bits and she always makes me feel fab.
    * A good skinny milk latte - mmmmmm!
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Ok, after the family/ scrapping I'd add

- books, always have to have one or two on the go!
    - cups of tea, recently I've come back round to tea, always cheaper than a latte and I love it!
    - some alone time, not to do anything indulgent, just to recharge.
    - notebooks and pencil, always making lists, always easier than actually doing any of the things on the list!!
    - have to put my iPhone too, kinda wish I wasn't dependent on it, but have got so used to being able to look things up on Google wherever I am!
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Well, since you said after computer and camera and scrapping . . .

I think maybe:
    1. all my crafting needles and fibers/yarns (note I said all of them) ;O)
    2. a lamp (I need light if there is no sun)
    3. alone time (I'm glad Chrissy said it because I would go nuts if I didn't have it) :O)
    4. my kindle
    5. flannel pjs
    ~Kelly

5. Well after the computer and camera and scrapping -

1. A good book.(my Kindle always has a few ahead)
    2. Electricity - since it's minus 4 out before the wind chill
    3. Heat and water.
    4. alone time - to recharge - or just enjoy me myself and I....
    5. am down right grouchy with out coke!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

6. After family, computer(s), camera and scrapping:

electricity to keep all my devices charged and running and the lights on
    iPhone for staying in touch with family
    iPad for reading books and playing games
    Washer and dryer to keep up with the laundry
    coffee, especially in the morning when I first get out of bed
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

My kindle
    heat/electricity(it's -20 below with wind chill right now in Minnesota)
    my kindle
    state parks in the summer time
    hot cocoa
    my iphone
    did I mention my kindle?-ha ha

8. Fun thread Carol.
    After the usual:

Today .....high on my list would be my furnace!!
    My iPhone and iPad....I use them far more than I ever thought I would.
    A good, emphasis on good, cup of coffee.
    Add me to the list that loves/relishes alone time!!
    Kathie

my gallery

Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon D50
    Lenses: Nikkor: 50 mm 1.4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, Micro 60mm 2.8G ED, 18-200mm VR, SB-800
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS2
    Computer Platform: It may be a PC, but at least it's fast

choices... oh my...
    *sunshine... moved from Boston to the 300 plus days of sunshine in CO... absolute tops on my list...
    *alone time... especially now with training Wally the pup with Fenway and hubby all together... no house is large enough...
    *running... goes right along with alone time/prayer time...
    *love my electronics but relish the life we had in the '70's in Germany with no TV... so much family/outside time... Eric didn't even know what a TV was until 2...
    *books... absolutely...

1. My hairdryer
    2. My no-work Fridays
    3. Books
    4. Tea
    5. Ruby grapefruit
    Sharon

Oh my - I hate to start this with electronics but....

My devices (note I didn't say vices!!) Smartphone; Kindle and laptop
    My Keurig
    Hobbies - scrapbooking and anything I happen to be into!
    Weekends - gotta have the downtime and the mornings to relax with my cup of coffee
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

What a fun topic to ponder-

I would be sad, but I could live without electricity-what a simpler world it would be, and although I don't like the idea of losing any more family, I have no control over that, but there are things I can control so, I would not want a day without:
    My morning cup of coffee-it is the best thing I consume all day;.
    My dogs, I just love them and they love me and it's all unconditional;
    My recumbent trike-although I have gotten out of the habit of riding it, it waits patiently for me, and oh, does it feel good to peddle down the way.
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

My dogs
    Electricity and water
    Electronics-phone, laptop, IPad
    Church
    Me time
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

ah, the possibilities . . .
    1. music
    2. warmth
    3. peace and quiet
    4. Mexican cuisine (okay yes, I COULD live without it but I really wouldn't want to!)
    5. dental floss !
    Debbie

1. Quiet and alone time.
    2. A cat in the house.
    3. Coffee.
    4. My iPhone/iPad.
    5. TV at night. I don't watch during the day, but I love my shows at night.
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

Not all things, but ....
    1. New York - I've lived in or near NYC my whole life and still find it exciting
    2. Change - I'm not good when each day feels like the day before
    3. iPhone / iPad - Staying connected with family and friends and being able to look up information the moment you need to
    4. Going off the grid - I know, seems odd based on #'s 1&3, but I love camping with no power, phones, internet, etc
    Terese

Hmmmmm.... I've had to seriously give this one some thought!

1. Chocolate
    2. My nail file
    3. My scarves... I wear them a lot... even in summer, I tend to carry one with me... just in case!
    4. Jeans
    5. And probably Pinterest... yes, I could live without it but I get so much inspiration from it!

Okay, off the top of my head . . .

1. Coffee and sweet tea
    2. My pillow and bed
    3. Books -- including my Kindle
    4. My iPhone -- I was late coming to it, but really don't think I could live without it now.
    5. My acrylic nails -- how self-indulgent is that?
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Well, there's nothing like a bit of camping in a remote place to tell you how many things you actually CAN live without!
    However
    1. I need a comfortable bed!
    2. I really enjoy a good cup of coffee - with real milk (I suffered for a whole week in Cuba drinking powdered milk. It spoilt their excellent brewed coffee!)
    3. Wifi. Sometimes one can behave rather desperately just to get a little connectivity!
    4. Wine. Love a glass in the evening.
    5. A project. I climb the walls if I don't have something creative that captures my imagination.
    Camera: Canon 7D, Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses (for the 7D): Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

20. Quote Originally Posted by carollee View Post
    Sooooo.... considering our top three would most likely be - scrapbooking, camera and computer/internet, and of course family/loved ones, etc. - how about we list the next top 3 or 5 or however many things we don't think we could live without. And we can be totally self-indulgent about it.
    I wish that I had answered before reading everyone else's top five! I am so impressionable.
    Here are my five . . . in no particular order!

1. Reading . . . and books . . . the paper sort with covers and a bit of heft. (I haven't ventured into a Kindle yet!)

2. Needlework: sewing, knitting, smocking

3. My pillow . . . I take it everywhere I travel . . . even when on an airplane!

4. My church and my faith.

5. I too have to have my alone time . . . always thought this stemmed from being an only child.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

21. Red face What can't you live without?

This is what I repeat a dozen times a day!! image.jpg My son, 2 weeks before his passing.image.jpg My oldest..during his visit after Basic Training! He was so proud! image.jpg

At one point in my life (I would say about 20yrs ago! When I was sure I knew it all! Lol) I would have had a Novel solely based on, "What I can't live without"! Not to turn this into sadness, however... having outlived 2 Beautiful son's? There really isn't anything materialistic, that I could not overcome....
    Yet, I love my Coffee! And if this was asked to my daughter, lol...I am certain, she would state that living with me, (in her opinion) and without it? She couldn't survive! Too funny!

Yes, Mollie, I'm impressionable too! But I knew #1 would be

1. Hot tea, especially as it's almost always been made for me by someone else before I get up in the morning. Husbands, son, servants. Totally self indulgent.
    2. Books, real paper ones. I have books on my iPad and iPhone but they're mostly free trash. Only for desperate moments. I gave the Kindle away.
    3. My 27" iMac. In an emergency, I'd probably kill myself trying to drag it out the door.
    4. My kitchen. (Even though after 10 years with it/in it, I'm thinking about how I could change some things...)
    5. My black Croc sandals. I wear them year round, and hope I can find another pair this summer...just in case.

I didn't put chocolate on there because I consider that goes into the same category as family and friends. Just sayin'.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

23. To think you lost those two beautiful sons makes my heart ache for you, yet I know I cannot even imagine the depth of your pain and loss. I'm glad you shared their photos with us. Take care!

Quote:
    At one point in my life (I would say about 20yrs ago! When I was sure I knew it all! Lol) I would have had a Novel solely based on, "What I can't live without"! Not to turn this into sadness, however... having outlived 2 Beautiful son's? There really isn't anything materialistic, that I could not overcome....
    Yet, I love my Coffee! And if this was asked to my daughter, lol...I am certain, she would state that living with me, (in her opinion) and without it? She couldn't survive! Too funny! [/QUOTE]
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    Adobe Creative Cloud:
    CS and Lightroom 5
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57