Thread: Outlander fans anyone?

Outlander fans anyone?

Have you read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series?? Then Jamie and Claire must mean something to you... Well, especially Jamie.

I enjoyed the very long and extensive six books as Audible audiobook last year and fell in love with the characters and the setting. What is REALLY exciting is that a TV series is now being
    filmed.... well, it's good for you who live in the States as you will have the possibility to watch it this summer... who knows when it will be available for us who live in the rest of the world. But still,
    it is very exciting and I can't wait to see my fave characters come alive on the small screen.

Would love to know if there are any other Outlander fans here!!
    * Aino *

My gallery

: Nikon D800 & Nikon Df with various lenses.
    : Lightroom and PSCS6

I've heard of them Aino, but never actually seen the books, nor read them.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I have the first one on my Kindle to read.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Aino, there was another whole thread on this a while back as there are many friends of Jamie and Claire here. They'll be here soon I'm sure. ;O) The woman who reads that series is the BEST. Geraldine something?? Is that right? She and Jim who reads the Harry Potter series can not be beat when it comes to listening to audio books.
    Outlander is my favorite series of books although they lost steam for me during the last 2 books. Nevertheless, if I had had a girl after reading those books her name would have been Claire. :O)
    ~Kelly

I have the first 3 books. It has been awhile since I read them. Have planned to get the rest but too many ebooks I want!! I will have to re read the firsts 3 soon to get back into it.
    [IMG] photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n265/1gr8muggle/ddfanblinkie.gif[/IMG]

I am the BIGGEST Outlander fan!! I read all seven of her books (soon to be 8 come June 10) every single year. And yes, Starz will be showing the series this summer here in the US. I can't wait! I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to all things Outlander. I love the actors they have chosen to play Jamie and Claire!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

I read the first couple of books and then let them go, maybe I should pick them up again!
    Valerie

Imagine the possibilities...and Happy, Happy, Happy!
    PSE12

I read the first three. Love the history and the characters! Great books! I will keep and eye out thanks

My Camera - 5D Mark III and Canon 50D
    My Lenses - 50mm 1.2, 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 100mm 2.8
    My Software - Photoshop CS5, Lightroom 3

Instagram

Oh that is cool ! I was pretty certain there would be some Jamie and Claire fans here!!
    * Aino *

My gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    The woman who reads that series is the BEST. Geraldine something?? Is that right? She and Jim who reads the Harry Potter series can not be beat when it comes to listening to audio books.
    Outlander is my favorite series of books although they lost steam for me during the last 2 books. Nevertheless, if I had had a girl after reading those books her name would have been Claire. :O)

Yes!!! Davina Porter she's called - the one who reads the Outlander series. She is amazing!!! If it hadn't been for her, I don't think I would have caught on. And yes, I agree, the last couple of books do get a little long. I am, however looking forward to the next installment as it's been a long time since I spent time in that "part of the literature" world.
    * Aino *

My gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Faefester View Post
    I am the BIGGEST Outlander fan!! I read all seven of her books (soon to be 8 come June 10) every single year. And yes, Starz will be showing the series this summer here in the US. I can't wait! I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to all things Outlander. I love the actors they have chosen to play Jamie and Claire!
    I am also super impressed with the actors they found!! I am on the Facebook Outlander group and get updates all the time. It is so much fun. I hope hope hope I will be able to see the show somehow here in Israel.
    * Aino *

My gallery

I've read all the books and can't wait to see the TV series! I haven't seen who's going to be in the show yet though, so now I'm off to check it out!
    Jane

hmmm, something to look into? I am always looking for new things to read and there is still lots of room on my kindle
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

I don't have Starz but am thinking of paying for it just for the show. The books are very well done, sort of a girly Game of Thrones.

I have been a huge fan for about eight years, since before my son was born. A colleague at my school met Diana and the two stars of the show at a signing a few weeks ago. She said Diana is as down to earth as can be and very sweet and bright. (Two PhDs in computer science, then stated writing at age 36 for fun!) She also said Sam is a perfect choice for Jamie. Not sure about Claire, though. It should be fun if done well.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

15. I have read them, but I am not a fan, sorry. This thread did remind me of an incident on our "chick trip" to the UK after my dad died. My mum, sister and her two daughters, and Isabel and I had decided on things that we had to see and worked the trip around those things. One of the things that my sister wanted to see was some standing stones near Inverness...just like in the book. We toured the Clava Cairns one morning, before heading to Culloden. There was a fuss between my sister and her kids, who walked away from her, with the camera. My sister was upset, I asked what the issue was and she said that she wanted a picture with one of the stones, but the girls had the camera. I said that I had a camera and could take a photo and suggested that she pick a stone. She did, and stood beside it looking exactly like she had just quarrelled with her kids. I told her to touch it...she caught on and smiled while touching the stone and informing me that it wouldn't work because the stone wasn't singing....She later had Diana Gabaldon sign the photo when she met her at a book signing here in Ottawa.
    Susan

Love love love the books and anything Outlander!!! Obsessed with the books (and also read the Lord John Grey books and the 'between the main books' novellas!). I keep up to date on Facebook with news, excerpts from the next book, and all the news about the Starz series. It won't come out very quickly in NZ either and I've never heard of Starz, so I'll be finding an 'alternative' way of watching it .
    Love ... Love ... Love ...
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by Aino View Post
    Yes!!! Davina Porter she's called - the one who reads the Outlander series. She is amazing!!! If it hadn't been for her, I don't think I would have caught on. And yes, I agree, the last couple of books do get a little long. I am, however looking forward to the next installment as it's been a long time since I spent time in that "part of the literature" world.
    THAT's the lady! She's amazing! I once looked for audio books based on a search strictly for her. :O)
    ~Kelly

I love these books. huge fan and love the whole idea and 'world' of outlander..... wary of TV series. unless you've read the books you should not be allowed to watch it!!
    read all about it!... -->http://britgirl.typepad.co.uk/
    My DD gallery!
    I use; CS6 and LR5 on my beloved iMac!
    I'm a Canon girl I have a 5D MRK II.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgirl View Post
    ..... wary of TV series. unless you've read the books you should not be allowed to watch it!!
    I agree!!
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

20. I just bought the first one. Can't wait to read it after I finish the series I'm currently working through!
    Sara

My DD Gallery: sarahorton
    My Blog

I read the first three when they were released in -91 to -94. And I thought they were pretty good!
    Then I bought the 4th one in -97, but still haven't read it...
    I had no idea there are 7 now and another one on the way!
    Thess

My DD Gallery

A Holy Mess - My blog on life, digiscrapping and genealogy

My Cameras: Canon 50D and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40

I have read them all plus the John Grey books and I absolutely loved them. I will be sure to watch for the tv series!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahorton View Post
    I just bought the first one. Can't wait to read it after I finish the series I'm currently working through!
    I hope you like it Sara - just let me tell ya, it does get quite **steamy** at times....
    * Aino *

My gallery