Thread: Lost Tagging in Bridge - or the Groan Heard Around the World!

Hybrid View

Lost Tagging in Bridge - or the Groan Heard Around the World!

I know there have been several threads in the past about tagging. Iíve done all my tagging through the Bridge with my CS5. It has worked great and I was completely satisfied ---- until yesterday when all of my categories vanished and I canít seem to find a fix that will bring them back. Iím sure some of you heard me groaning!! I have been using the Bridge every time I do a page and I am completely lost without it!!

Iím thinking I maybe need to move to ACDSee so headed off to look at the options. I notice there are free downloads and then at the ACDSee site there are several program versions/option that are currently on sale and available for trial before purchase.

So now itís my turn to ask for advice. I know that many of you use this as your tagging option. What versions do you use or do you just use the general free download. Advice and suggestions please
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Since I am on a Mac, I use ACDSee Pro and love it. Are you on Windows?
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v12, ACDSee Pro2
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

Lightroom 5.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

I might have heard you last night....or maybe it was the wind SO SORRY
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my gorgeous Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

I have a love / hate relationship with ACDSee, Sharon. I love it when my tagging is finished, and I cannot seem to scrap efficiently without it. But I am now in the process of re-tagging my supplies for the THIRD time. I lost them after the initial tagging when I upgraded from a really old version to a newer one. Then a couple of months ago, I had a computer virus, and the fix wiped out my tags. I took the opportunity to upgrade to ACDSee 17 and am re-tagging. I'm not stressing about the re-tagging; it will be finished when it's finished, and I am discovering gems I'd forgotten I had.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

I am with Linda as far as a love/hate with ACDSee. Tagging haunts me when it doesn't work properly. I also use ACDSee (PC) and when it works, I love it. I am going to get a new computer soon and I am dreading retagging everything as I am not sure of a way to transfer everything to a new system. Mostly, I'm happy with ACDSee as a system for organizing my supplies. I prefer LightRoom for my photos because I can make edits to them at the same time. Good luck!
    Sarah

My Gear: very old Canon EOS XS
    Software: Photoshop, Lightroom CC, ACDSee16

Thanks Ladies. I think I'll have to take the plunge and get it. Any recommendations on which one to get? I have a PC.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon