Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG...I totaled up what I've spent at DD since 2009

Hybrid View

Sumner, WA (in the shadow of Mount Rainier)

Red face OMG...I totaled up what I've spent at DD since 2009

Some things are better off unsaid. LOL. I guess not too bad. Over $2,000. In five years. At least I buy the majority of my supplies here at DD. I do buy some of Gina Cabreras. It was interesting to know. I remember what got me hooked on DD. It was the 25 cent items. I started buying here and never looked back. Such wonderful quality and variety here. So Glad I found DD!!
    Happy Scrappin!
    Dawnee

Constantly using:

Designer Digitals Products! Woo Hoo
    Canon Rebel T3i/600D
    Olympus E500
    Photoshop CS5, Wacom tablet, ACDSee14
    Scanner, Family Tree Maker
    Posed Grandchildren
    Unposed animals
    Uncooperative Adult Children
    Computer Platform: PC (and I built it myself!!)

I don't think I'll look to see what I've spent. I don't want to know- afraid it would blow me away. I love the .99 specials! Awesome products not to mention awesome people.
    Terry

Terry's Tales

Gear: Nikon D60
    Software: CS4
    Platform: Mac

I am so, so grateful for people who share this creative passion and who do support the designers and the communities instead of relying totally on freebies. I love that people can enjoy this hobby relatively cheaply (especially when they are starting out or money is tight) but without the support of dedicated scrappers stores and communities would not be able to survive and eventually digi scrapping would die off. And of course, it's great that all those supplies can be used over and over and recolored so you get a lot more bang for your buck than paper scrappers. (I used to hate cutting into a special piece of paper or using a lovely element - I really found it stressful LOL)

Oh. No. I'm SO not going there! Bad bad bad move. I would be sooooo divorced if my husband knew and I'd probably have heart failure if I knew.
    Donna

My Gallery

NIKON D600, 24-70mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, Macro 105mm 2.8, 28-300mm & FUJIFILM X-E1
    PSE 10, LR 4
    iMac & MBPro / Mavericks

Yes, I used to keep track and it was scary! But before that, back in the old days, I used to spend $20 per week minimum on paper scrapping supplies, so I figured I was actually SAVING money by shopping for digital supplies
    Looks like you've spent less that $10 per week - that's just a few cups of coffee - great value for money!
    Yes, thank goodness for the great designers here at DD!
    Camera: Canon 7D and Olympus TG2 (point and shoot)
    Lenses: Tamron F2.8 28-75mm, Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and Sigma 50mm f/1.4
    Software: CS6.0, LightRoom 5, ACDSee 14
    Platform: PC
    My blog: snippets

Ooh you're a brave lady! I've never checked, though occasionally I'd search for Designer Digitals in my email and it was scary the number of invoices!!

Like others say, it is better value than paper scrapping, brushes can be resized and flipped and I never run out of As in my alphas.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 6 for Mac, run on my super-shiny new Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D, wheeee!!!! or still my trusty IXUS 950IS, or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

7. So not going there! I don't have anyone to explain to, but I'd rather not know! LOL! Looks like a lot of money until you break it down by week, as Esther did.
    Susan

Leave it to Esther to figure that out LOL. I never wanted to know myself, that would have been very scary I'm sure!! It really is amazing how much you get for your money though, your goodies never diminish
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

Thank you for your support, truly! Like Lynn said, we so appreciate people that see the value and quality in our products and are willing to buy them instead of relying on the variety of freebies out there. We truly appreciate all of our customers and want to continue to provide you with inspiration, community and the best products in digital! thanks again!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Got to looooove this craft and community.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo

Oh nooooo - I ain't looking either!! But you know, when I switched over from traditional paper to digital (best decision EVER) I gave away literally thousands of dollars of all my traditional scrapbooking supplies. I could have easily sold it - I had a Wishblade, various other electronic cutters, more paper than I ever could have used, embellishments - but I loved giving it away and blessing those who could and would use it. And boy was it fun starting over with digital - if I was scrapping at 10 p.m. and needed somethng, why the Digital Designer store is always open!
    My Camera: Nikon D700
    My Software: Adobe CS5
    My Computer Platform: PC

Well just by the number of GB in my stash, I know there's a lotta money there. But digi supplies don't wear out! (and if I felt some jpg was getting 'worn', I still have the zip to make it new again. True value for money!
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

13. What a nice thread to start, Dawnee. It's a fun hobby we share! The scrapbooks we make with our digital supplies are worth every penny and more!

All my favorite designers are right here at DD. Thank you!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I'd be afraid to look too!! Once I found DD, I would spend a lot each week, or just for one page! The designs and quality are above par!! They are worth every penny!!

I like the way Esther thinks!!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

You have to love supplies that never get used up -- we have it made over paper scrappers! And the designers here at DD make it impossible to resist their wonderful creations. I'm so blessed to be part of this community.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

I started with DD in September and since then I don't think I really want to know what I have spent. I got referred to Designer Digitals from the wonderful Kayleigh. I too, come from paper scrapbooking. Still have all my paper supplies and such. Everytime I have a wish list my husband "rolls" his eyes. I always tell him, "I can go back to paper scrapbooking, but with that, once the paper or embellishments are used i will be going out to get more, with digital i can reuse all my items over and over again for years to come". I think he is slowly getting it My only problem with that is that every week new items arrive that end up on my wish list
    Everyone has been so wonderful here! And i love all the products and challenges. Thanks DD and all the creative team members
    Erin

My camera- Canon EOS RebelXS
    My lenses-18-55mm, 55-250mm telephoto, My Iphone
    PSE 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie88 View Post
    I started with DD in September and since then I don't think I really want to know what I have spent. I got referred to Designer Digitals from the wonderful Kayleigh. I too, come from paper scrapbooking. Still have all my paper supplies and such. Everytime I have a wish list my husband "rolls" his eyes. I always tell him, "I can go back to paper scrapbooking, but with that, once the paper or embellishments are used i will be going out to get more, with digital i can reuse all my items over and over again for years to come". I think he is slowly getting it My only problem with that is that every week new items arrive that end up on my wish list
    Everyone has been so wonderful here! And i love all the products and challenges. Thanks DD and all the creative team members
    .... And i am so glad you are here Erin!! You are creating amazing pages & it is wonderful to see them in the gallery.

Each time i see someone using a Studio DD item i created it brings a smile to my face! Thank you for everyone's support.

Ok, you made me curious. In 5 years I have spend about $1,200. Gosh that isn't bad at all. Only about $231 a year or $4 a week! My husband is an avid bicyclist and he can spend that much on one outfit or a pair of biking shoes! So hey, I figure I can spend even more and not feel a bit guilty! I love DD, the products and the community. Thank you so much for your generosity in freebies and sales. This place is the best.
    Karen

My Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10
    My Software: Photoshop CS4 on a PC

20. Oh I haven't been doing this 5 years.... I know my number and I'm not admitting it.... but my stash of DD stuff is huge.... and I don't always wait for the sale.... I don't even want to admit how many times I needed something just after the item went off sale and the "need" was really bad....I don't regret not 1 item.... every new purchase is just waiting to be used....more than I want to admit for the first time...The designers here make the best stuff!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

I have to admit that this is the cheapest hobby I've ever had . . . AND, the most fulfilling. I can't put a price on that. Should I total up what all the friendships are worth to me here? The money I've spent at DD is a drop in the bucket compared to what the friendships I've made here are worth to me. Plus, there's stress relief, memories documented, computer skills learned AND it's way cheaper than therapy. :O)
    ~Kelly

My Tools: 1 Beautiful 20" IMac, a Canon Rebel T2i,
    PSE 9 and a Bamboo Fun

Well first of all the chance of me adding up what I've spent here is about as close to happening as me stepping on a scale after thanksgiving dinner; not going to happen! BUT, more to the point is what Kelly has mentioned in her comments; PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsbigsis View Post
    I have to admit that this is the cheapest hobby I've ever had . . . AND, the most fulfilling. I can't put a price on that. Should I total up what all the friendships are worth to me here? The money I've spent at DD is a drop in the bucket compared to what the friendships I've made here are worth to me. Plus, there's stress relief, memories documented, computer skills learned AND it's way cheaper than therapy. :O)
    Debbie

23. I'm sure I've spent a fair amount here too, and I just wanted to chime in and say that part of the loyalty (for me, and probably others) to this site is that Katie is very generous in special offers and sales. And the designs here are truly of a different caliber, very high quality and original. Lots of fun events, tips, contests, swaps, and general camaraderie here, that you don't find everywhere. I really appreciate the community and the quality of the designs, so if I'm going to spend, this site is where my money goes. (I loved that comment, Maureen, about if your jpg needs new zip -- funny!).

Dawnee, I read your comments when you first posted, promptly fell asleep, and now I'm loving reading all these responses! Just does my heart good to see us saying what we love about digital scrapbooking and DD in particular. I will never forget the rush I felt when I first realized that, as opposed to paper scrapbooking, when I saw something I liked or needed, it was a click away rather than a drive away!

We do have such wonderful designers, great IT support, and you guys make up such a fabulous community. We are very fortunate indeed; well worth the reasonable price of the supplies!
    Amy

my gallery

My stuff: Nikon D700; Nikkor f2.8 24-70mm, f2.8 105mm, and f1.4 50 mm lenses; Tamron f2.8 70-200; Photoshop CC, Lightroom, iMac, MacBook

25. Yep... Worth every penny! Love DD!

Lol Kelly! cheaper than therapy!!! So true! Everything that has been mentioned here is true. This place is the best!!!
    Bailey

My Gallery

My Blog

Software/stuff: PS CS3, Lightroom 2, Wacom Intuos3
    Camera: Nikon D300s & backup d40x, 55-200 4.5vr, 50mm 1.4G

27. I have to agree with Kelly too the friendships are the best... way more valuable than the stash of goodies - and a lot cheaper than therapy - and the stash fits on a 3 x 5 external hard drive beside my pc....instead of an entire room of paper stuff... and when you need something you just hit click!!!
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb

Oh Lord...if I were to total up what I spent here in just the first two years of digi scrapping, I could put a down payment on another house!! (but we'll just keep that little secret to ourselves, right?) This is the best place to be! I love each and every design that comes across!
    Lorna

My toys: Canon EOS 5D, 24-105mm, 70-200mm, macro 100mm
    My software: PSE v9, ACDSee Pro
    My platform: I'm a Mac
    My blog: www.idiosyncrazies.wordpress.com

Photobucket

I have to hop in here to say that I've purchased more DD products than any other digital scrapping products out there - for that reason alone I will never look at the total. I love the 99 cent specials!! I really like the product designs here and like my finished pages. I've been digiscrapping for several years now and must say that I really like DD - it just feels like home.
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

I can't look.
    aka Sarah

My Tools: 1 Awesome 20" iMac, a Canon Rebel T3i, a Canon G12, and an iPhone 4S
    iPhoto, Aperture, PSE 9, Organizer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast