Thread: lightroom 5

lightroom 5

So who is using Lightroom 5. I just upgraded from LR3 and WOW.... The import of my photos is pathetically slow. I changed the cache to 25mb as per some suggestions on Google. But that didn't help. I shoot in RAW and as i have the Nikon D4 they are big files but WOW it really is crazy. A photo a minute or 2. I will die if this is the case. My pc is os 16gb speedy new Apple so it can't really be that! I don't think,

Any suggestions will be greatly received.
    my blog
    my gallery

Tools of the trade :
    Nikon chick D700 D200 D70
    lenses : 70-200;18-70 50mm 1.4 85mm 1.8 18-200 Flashing chick SB800
    macbookpro chick
    The chick needs - Nikon 24-70 2.8 ed & nikon 70-200 !

I've been using LR5 for quite a while and don't have this problem. But I do not import from camera using LR as I seem to have trouble with where it comes in. I just import using ACDSee from camera to my file structure of year/month etc. Then I just right click on catalogue in LR and choose synchronise folder and it brings in the photos very quickly. I also shoot in raw and they are very large files.
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

My lr5 is fast but I'm only importing iPhone images that are already auto-imported on my Apple devices. Hope this gets resolved for you.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5