Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe deal

Hybrid View

Adobe deal

For those interested in the Photographers deal of Photoshop and Lightroom but who do not own full version of Photoshop, there is a black friday deal. http://terrywhite.com/photoshop-phot...e-blackfriday/

Looks good!
    Carolyn

Blog: House of Amson

My Camera: Nikon D300
    Lenses Include: Nikon 18-200, Nikon 50 mm 1.8 and 1.4, Tokina Macro 100mm 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 (newest indulgence)

Has anyone signed up for this? How does the new photoshop compare? My CS5 is just fine, so I can't justify the $10/month!

My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Wow! I would be all over this.

Kim - I bought this deal already because I am a previous owner of CS4. The reason to buy this IMHO is because Adobe is adopting a new business strategy and will be converting to the cloud. I do believe Adobe when they say this is an introductory offer and it won't be permanently available. What I love Kim, is that I get updates as soon as they are available for both LR and Photoshop.

4. I am so tempted now with this offer.

I don't have CS. I worry that I will find it hard to change from PS Elements. I like to keep up with the latest versions of my software like LR.

What do you think? How hard is it to learn CS?
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Quote Originally Posted by digigrandma View Post
    I am so tempted now with this offer.

I don't have CS. I worry that I will find it hard to change from PS Elements. I like to keep up with the latest versions of my software like LR.

What do you think? How hard is it to learn CS?
    Merr, I don't think you'd have any trouble. I switched from PSE to CS5 a while ago. The project bin is probably the biggest difference, but I don't miss it anymore. I went ahead and took the $10/month deal because I didn't want to be stuck not being able to upgrade in the future.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Oh this is becoming very tempting. Dang it!!

Merr, I have a friend that also switched from elements to CS5 awhile back. Not much of a difference. I think if you are familiar with the tools and layout of the program, all will be well!!

Quote Originally Posted by KimR+ View Post
    Merr, I have a friend that also switched from elements to CS5 awhile back. Not much of a difference. I think if you are familiar with the tools and layout of the program, all will be well!!
    I guess I'm wondering why you'd need to spend so much money if she found so little difference. ????

eta: now that I read the offer, it does make it seem fairly worthwhile at $120 a year. ....lol ....Forever. Again, I presume if you stop anytime, you no longer have the software.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/MountainLion
    PSE11/LR5

8. Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    I guess I'm wondering why you'd need to spend so much money if she found so little difference. ????

eta: now that I read the offer, it does make it seem fairly worthwhile at $120 a year. ....lol ....Forever. Again, I presume if you stop anytime, you no longer have the software.
    Maureen, I decided that at $120 a year, it is worth it to me to get the LR 5 upgrade and to get to try out CS for a year. If I decide the membership is not worth it after the year is up, you are right, I won't have access to the software. I will, however, have my PSE 11 and LR 4 still on my computer and I'll just go back to the old way.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    In Elements you can't make your own actions, and she wanted that feature. She came to my house a few times to make and save her actions on my computer. Then uploaded them onto her computer. Now she can do this all in the comfort of her own home!

10. Thanks, Linda and Kim. I am thinking that I should do it just for the Lightroom 5 upgrade. I have LR 4 now and was planning on purchasing the upgrade to 5. I would leave PSE 11 and LR 4 on my computer so that if I don't think the subscription is worth it after I subscribe for a year, I can just go back to using what I use now. Like you said, Linda, I worry about getting the upgrades if down the line Adobe quits offering them separately.

Another question, if I subscribe would I be able to use it on a second computer like my laptop which I use when on long vacations?

ETA: I have been reading the FAQs on the Adobe site and it says you can download the products to two different computers.

Also, I see that I don't have to download both products all at once. I can download LR 5 and use that and wait until I want to tackle learning CS.

It really seems like a good deal, especially for someone, like me, who has never purchased CS.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Merr...we think alike. I do love LR5 for the png ability!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

12. Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Merr...we think alike. I do love LR5 for the png ability!

Maureen, I hope I think like you! You are smart!!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

I'm really considering this deal now! However, I wish I could "try it" and if I don't like it, go back to my LR3 and CS5. You know, how in the past Adobe has had the 30 day free trial. My eyes also really like the light grey bg on CS5. I wonder how I will adjust to the dark bg. Decisions!

It's worth it. I got CC recently and only use the PS part. leaving my LR5 as it is.

Was a deal for those who never bought the full version.
    just call me Uma

Okay, so I'm an elements and lightroom girl. Does this mean I will get a lightroom update and photoshop (which I don't have) for $10 a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Pate View Post
    Okay so I'm an elements and lightroom girl. Does this mean I will get a lightroom update and photoshop (which I don't have) for $10 a month?
    YES!! Pretty nice right?

Oh my heavens-yes! That is a great deal! I've never been able to justify paying for Photoshop when elements suits me just fine, but this rocks! Also, Kim, elements lets me customize the background color just by right clicking on it. Does CS do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Pate View Post
    Oh my heavens-yes! That is a great deal! I've never been able to justify paying for Photoshop when elements suits me just fine, but this rocks! Also, Kim, elements lets me customize the background color just by right clicking on it. Does CS do the same?
    Ya know, I've never tried. When I installed CS5 (a few years ago?) it was a light grey! Suits me just perfectly!

**I just played in CS5, I went to Edit / Preferences / Interface, and I believe I can change it in there. I changed it, but nothing happened. I wonder if you have to close down the program and start it up again for it to change.

I was able to select one of three backgrounds on CC, Kim.
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

Quote Originally Posted by earlofoxford View Post
    I was able to select one of three backgrounds on CC, Kim.
    Wonderful! Thanks you Linda!! I really think I am going to give this a go! If I am not happy, it's only a year right! (and my CC expires in April, LOL)

21. Thanks for all the advice, folks! I did it! I joined Adobe Cloud today. Now, for the learning curve!
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Just let me get this straight.... If I don't own Photoshop(any version) or Lightroom, I get all of that plus the cloud and storage for $9.99 a month? Then it will be $120 a year every year?
    LoriS

My Gallery

23. Quote Originally Posted by LoriS View Post
    Just let me get this straight.... If I don't own Photoshop(any version) or Lightroom, I get all of that plus the cloud and storage for $9.99 a month? Then it will be $120 a year every year?
    Yes, Lori, that's right! I have never wanted to pay for the full blown CS, but, this lets me try it for a year for $9.99 plus use the upgrade to LR. I was planning on upgrading to LR 5 and PSE 12 which would have cost me more than $120 for both upgrades. Even my DH agreed it was a deal too good to pass up. I downloaded the software today. Haven't had a chance to play yet.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Here's a question. After the first year, does the price stay at $9.99 a month or jump up to an unreasonable price?

Yep!

Good Question, Kim! Also, one more question I have... I have a PC/laptop. Does this deal work with that?
    LoriS

My Gallery

27. Kim, it says on their site, "After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering." To me that means that the price could be increased if Adobe wants to increase it. If that happens and I think the price is too much, I will unsubscribe and just stick with what I have now which is PSE 11 and LR 4. I'm mostly happy about getting a chance to try to CS for a year.

Lori, I'm pretty sure this works with PC's too.

You can read all the details here.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/creati...otography.html
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Merr you are now appointed "official teacher" ..by authority vested in me by...me. I don't know when I'll find time to learn it all but as soon as I get home I'll make sure I have space and then sign up. I suspect my brain will be stretched! A lot!
    Maureen
    PSE11/LR5

29. Quote Originally Posted by maureenreynolds View Post
    Merr you are now appointed "official teacher" ..by authority vested in me by...me. I don't know when I'll find time to learn it all but as soon as I get home I'll make sure I have space and then sign up. I suspect my brain will be stretched! A lot!
    OK, Maureen, we have to stick together on this!! I have the new software downloaded to my computer but have not been brave enough to start learning! I think I have to get through hosting Thanksgiving dinner here at my house and then I'll start.
    Merrilee

I love Macs
    PSE 11.0
    Lightroom 4
    Bamboo Pen & Touch
    Sony A57

Lori, I am on a PC too, it will work just fine!

Good idea Merr! When I was talking to Keith about this deal today, he said Microsoft is going down this route too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast