Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glitter and Shine Chat Event

1. Cool Glitter and Shine Chat Event

Good Morning!

Hi there! Welcome! Im back with a chat and this time the focus is on Glitter and Shine! I hope you can work it in your schedule to spend time with me today in this chat.

Ill have a link to a freebie in just a minute here, but, first, I'll introduce my challenge!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten. (as quoted on Pinterest)

I'll be right back after I pour myself a cup of coffee!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

2. Good morning! Love glitter! Not real thrilled with the clean-up....maybe why digital is for me.

Good morning.... into each life a little glitter will fall,lol....

4. Quote Originally Posted by sandsock View Post
    Good morning! Love glitter! Not real thrilled with the clean-up....maybe why digital is for me.
    Good point! Yes, the beauty of digital! Our glitter is not messy!
    Merrilee

5. Oh, but if you don't use real glitter you don't get to wear it for days after...

I'm grabbing my cup - we'll have coffee together!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

lol sandsock. :O)

Good morning!
    ~Kelly

8. Quote Originally Posted by bawzie View Post
    Good morning.... into each life a little glitter will fall,lol....
    Hi Pam! Welcome!

And, Kelly! Hi! How did it get to be Saturday again so soon!
    Merrilee

When we lived in Hawaii my girlfriends gave me some glitter snow one year for Christmas. They came to the door and when I opened it they threw it all over me. We found it for years!!! Digital glitter is easier to clean up!!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

Hey There Merr! Love that quote!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

I have never used glitter because I am afraid of how it might print. You ladies print lots of books -- how *does* it print?

12. This Chat?s Theme:

How can we add that extra little something that makes a layout shine? Maybe it is a little touch of shiny metal or a star glow or some golden glitter. Certainly, at this time of year, with the holidays approaching, is the perfect time for shine! For this chat and challenge, let?s explore the addition of glitter and shine on scrapbook pages.

First, I want to point out that Katie has designed exciting new products in gold and silver, but, we?ll also take a look at other products in the store with shine!

Layout by Kelly
    Be Still
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...p?photo=200605

AJ_trees.jpg

As you can see the addition of gold and silver sparkle can be subtle. It doesn?t have to reach out and hit you over the head to be noticed. In this layout example, the golden silhouette of the deer gently draws your eye to the silhouetted photos in the filmstrip on this exceptionally beautiful art journal page.
    Merrilee

13. Morning all! A long time ago, at the cottage, my sister's kids were given a craft kit containing glitter. After a couple of accidents, my mother banned it's use. The girls really needed to finish something, so they snuck the project and the glitter into the outhouse. Let's just say that the outhouse sparkled for a very long time!
    Susan

Good morning, Merr!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

15. Two More Examples:

Layout by Debbie
    Fall Back
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...p?photo=200637

the touches of gold in the swirling stars are perfect!

and a Christmas Layout by Georgina
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...p?photo=200312
    Merrilee

16. Hello...I love glitter and sparkle..it prints just as good as it looks!!

17. Good to see you, Joanne!

Hi Susan! LOL, love the outhouse story!
    Merrilee

18. Inspiration for this Challenge

As I usually do as part of my preparation for a chat, I started a Pinterest Pinboard for inspiration. It is called Glittery Embellishments. Here?s the link:
    http://www.pinterest.com/digigrandma...mbellishments/

This board is pinned with layout examples, Designer Digitals products and photos of things that are glittery and shiny. It?s meant to put you in the mood for thinking about glitter and shine on your scrapbook pages. It?s also meant to help you find DD products you can use to get that sparkle from glitter and shine.

Of course, I?ll be linking you up with specific pages and products throughout the day. I hope you?ll return to this thread often!
    Merrilee

19. I have been happy with how it prints out the few times I've tried it

Quote Originally Posted by Limequilla View Post
    I have never used glitter because I am afraid of how it might print. You ladies print lots of books -- how *does* it print?
    It prints great...I used a lot of glitter elements in my December Daily last year. If you would like to see it here is the link to my book and you can link up to the printed book on Shutterfly. http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...y.php?cat=2442
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

Love that glitter inspiration board on Pinterest, Merr!
    Joanne

My Gallery

PSE 12 on a PC

I'm not a glitter person and am always afraid to add it. But I do like touches of it - so maybe this will get me out of my comfort zone! Getting ready to bling!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon

23. The Challenge
    My challenge asks you to create a layout or greeting card or hybrid gift project and then add a bit of shine or glitter to it. Your layout can be about any subject matter you choose. Post your layouts in the gallery and you will be in the running for a gift certificate to the Designer Digitals Store.

Post in this Gallery, please!
    http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...y.php?cat=2574

Katie is giving a $10.00 Gift Certificate to the random winner! I'll announce the winner tomorrow morning after 8:00 AM EST
    Merrilee

24. Quote Originally Posted by jcaruth910 View Post
    It prints great...I used a lot of glitter elements in my December Daily last year. If you would like to see it here is the link to my book and you can link up to the printed book on Shutterfly. http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...y.php?cat=2442
    Thank you, Joanne! I'll take a look!
    Merrilee

25. Freebie from Katie
    Katie has generously given us a fabulous freebie for this challenge:

Here is the link:
    https://www.hightail.com/download/OG...NEhUME1zeHNUQw

Be sure to post your layout using some glitter and shine by 8:00 AM EST Sunday morning to be in the running for the random drawing for the gift certificate. I?ll post results back in this forum by Sunday afternoon.
    Merrilee

Good morning! Sounds like a fun challenge! As an elementary teacher, now retired, I can tell you custodians were not fans of glitter in our classrooms. LOL! But that didn't stop our use of the fun stuff!

27. I love your inspiration board

28. So, I'll give you a little time here to get the link, check out my Pinterest board and check out Joanne's Shutterfly link.

I'll be back often with more inspiring layouts and glitter and shine products from the DD store throughout the day.
    Merrilee

Good Morning, Merr! Love your opening quote!
    Debbie

I'm sort of on the same page as Sharon,I love touches of it. I always enjoy seeing it in layouts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast