Thread: newbie from ohio

Smile newbie from ohio

Hi my name is Kathryn, I've been lurking around this site for quite a while now and I really just need to jump in. This is such a fantastic place to get inspiration, great learning tools too. Tonight I will try to join in on my first PJ party. Thanks for providing a place to express my creativity and learn new things.

2. You really do need to just jump in with us! As you can tell we have a great time with our favorite hobby. Welcome, welcome. Please start sharing your layouts soon!
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

I'm with Merr -- once you jump in and get caught up in the creating, you'll wonder how you lived without it! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

4. Welcome, Kathryn! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!
    Susan

5. Welcome.... I'm in Ohio too.... by WPAFB
    Debbie Douglas aka Minideb
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gif

6. Welcome from another Ohioan! (I'm in Toledo.)

Welcome to DD. I came here for the same reason - awesome inspiration! It is that and more - it's like a cyber-family!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome. welcome!! I am right next door in chilly PA How nice that you joined us and a PJ party!!?? Wow, how fun!!! Hang around, post your creations and just enjoy! We really are a close bunch around here
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

So happy to see you here Kathryn! Posting that first page is intimidating for everyone, but once you see the warm reception you receive here, it is addicting!

Hi from another buckeye, Kathryn. Your screen name makes me guess you're from Youngstown. I'm in canton. Welcome to dd! I'll be watching for your first page!
    Lynn (also known as Lynnie!)

Welcome, Kathryn! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the Gallery. You will love it here!
    Joanne

My Gallery

Camera: Canon 6D
    Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm
    Canon EF75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
    PSE 12 on a PC

OMGosh thank you all for the warm welcome.

Hiya, so glad you introduced yourself! Hope you do jump in, it is a great place to be, ask any questions you need.
    Chrissy x

My software: PSE 12 for Mac, run on my Macbook Pro!, yay!
    My camera: Canon EOS 600D or still my trusty IXUS 950IS ( though it clunks a lot opening its shutter), or more likely my iPhone 4S

My blog

Welcome Kathryn...you will find DD a most warm and welcoming site. Can't wait to see your first pages.
    Pam

My Stuff: Nikon D80, Nikkor 50 mm 1.4, Nikkor 18 - 135mm, Nikkor 80 - 200mm, Speedlight SB-600 and my Epiphanie Lola Camera Bag!
    Software: Dell Studio XPS, PSE 11 and Bamboo Fun

Welcome to DD Kathryn, thank you for introducing yourself!! Make yourself at home here and don't hesitate to ask if there's anything we can help you with
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

16. So glad that you aren't a lurker anymore, Kathryn (one of my favorite names)! All of us lurked behind the scenes at one time or another . . . and once we joined in it was a pretty quick addiction. I know that you will enjoy "meeting" everyone and creating layouts . . . and looking on the gallery. So much fun!!! Oh, yes . . . welcome!!! I will be on the lookout for your first layout.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

Now if I can just make some time to get it all together. Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to you Kathryn, you will get so hooked on this craft, and such a worthwhile one it is, memory keeping at its finest.
    Carol

My Gallery
    My Blog

Camera : Canon 60D and Sony a300
    Softwear : Photoshop Creative Cloud
    Fun Stuff : Wacom Bamboo