Thread: Newbie here from NC

1. Newbie here from NC

New to digital and found this site through a google search.
    Where do I need to start?

Thanks for any help!

Hi and Welcome...along the top tool bar is a 'Getting Started' button.. that's the best place to get started it will give you an idea of how the world of digital scrapbooking works.. and then there are lots of great people here who will answer whatever questions you have left. donna
    We do not remember days; we remember MOMENTS

My Gear:
    Nikon D50, Nikon D200, SB600, SB800,
    Nikkor F1.4 50mm, various zoom lenses
    PSE 8.0 for Mac and a wonderful 21.5 IMAC
    Wacom Intuos 4

3. Yes, Donna is right, this is the perfect place to get started because our designers are wonderful and the community here is friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable, so, please ask questions!!! Explore the tips and then try a tutorial. It is really the best way to start. Be sure to check out the freebies, too. It's a good way to start to build up a stash of digital designs.

Cassie Jones has the BEST tutorials. It's how many of us learned to use PSE or PS for digital scrapping. This is the first in the series. What's really nice about this tutorial is that you will create a layout as you learn. The tutorial includes designs by Katie Pertiet for making the first layout. All you'll need is your own photo!

http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...oducts_id/3944

Please check in again and let us know how it is going for you.
    Merrilee

Mac computer/Adobe Creative Cloud: CS and Lightroom; SonyA57

Welcome Stephiegirl! You have received great advice! I am in the Raleigh area. Been hanging around here for a while, it's still the best community for shopping, support, and inspiration.
    Sarah
    Equipment: Canon T2i (550D) with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and 400mm f/5.6L lenses
    Software: Windows 8, PSE 10 (Editor), PSE 6 (Organizer), and PSCS 4

Welcome to DD! You will find tons of help here - from the tutorials and from the friendly community. The templates here are awesome and are a great way to learn more about layering! I'm anxious to see some of your work. Don't hesitate to ask questions!
    Sharon
    aka - justbnsharon
    DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome to DD!! The above advice should get you started but don't hesitate to take advantage of our super friendly and talented community by asking questions in these forums.........we're here to help and inspire!!!
    Carolynn

My camera: Canon EOS 1000D
    My lenses: f/1.8 50mm, 18-55mm
    My software: Lightroom 4, PSE 9

Well, you already got the directions you needed, but I sure wanted to welcome you to DD, we are so happy to have you here. Any more questions, just shoot away, there is always somebody to help out
    Anke

My gear:
    Nikon: D700, 50mm 1.4, 24-70 mm 2.8, 17-35 mm 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 85mm 1.4
    Tamron:18-270mm 3.5-6.3, 90mm 2.8,
    LR 5 (CC), CS6 on a 17" MacBookPro.
    Member NAPP
    My blog
    My gallery

The tips and tutorials here are just wonderful!! The community is great and so willing to help! Welcome to DD! You will love it here!
     photo BLINKIE_zpsf19a4128.gifDDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif
    My Camera - Canon 5D Mark II
    My Lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 50 mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8
    My Software - Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, ACDSee 17

Welcome to DD! You'll find lots of inspiration in the gallery -- can't wait to see what you create!
    Linda

My gear: Nikon D700; 24-70mm 2.8; 70-200mm 2.8; 105mm 2.8; 50mm 1.4; 150-500mm 5-6.3
    My software: Photoshop CC on a PC; Lightroom 5.2; ACDSee 17

photo blink1_zps1b48dedb.gif DDblinkie! photo DDblinkie_zps0593abf9.gif

Welcome! One of the DD designers, Ali Edwards, has some wonderfully easy to follow tutorials on her website. Here's the link to her series- Getting Stated with Digital Scrapping. Once you get your feet wet you can start shopping and have more fun than you can imagine. Also, ask questions because we've all been new at one time and asked most of the questions ourselves.
    Maureen
    My Blog:Cooking My Life
    What do we live for if not to make life a little easier for someone?
    iPhone4Gs is my camera!/27" iMac/Macbook/Mavericks
    PSE11/LR5

Hello! Welcome to DesignerDigitals!
    We have an amazing community here and to get you started we have a load of resources right here at DesignerDigitals!
    Check out these links to help you get started!

Getting Started Pages
    Video Tips + Tricks
    Knowledgebase of Questions+Answers

and you can always post questions in our forums and someone will be around to help you out!

Welcome!
    Katie - owner of DesignerDigitals
    Find Me on Facebook
    My Blog : Documenting + Designing

Camera: Nikon D700 with Speedlight SB-600
    Lenses: 16-35mm F4, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8
    Software: Adobe PSE3 and CS3, Illustrator CS3
    computer platform: Mac

Welcome! It's great to have you here. You have the links now to get started, but don't hesitate to post questions. There's a bit of a learning curve to digital scrapping, and we are all here to help.

13. Welcome to DD! If you are anything like the rest of us, you will quickly find a home here and love visiting often. To me it is nothing short of amazing how we have come to "know each other" in a way which seems very real . . . the gals here are so nice and so helpful. I have never posted a question which hasn't been answered . . . honestly I am amazed at just how very smart and tech savvy this group is!!! I'm not from NC, but have lived there a couple of times while hubby was in the Army. LOVED it there . . . such a beautiful state.
    Mollie

My DD Gallery

DD Photo-a-Day Flickr Group

Software: Photoshop Elements 8.0
    My Gear: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon D50 , Tameron 28-300 lens and Canon 50mm - 1.4 lens
    Computer: iMac

So glad you introduced yourself! Welcome to DD!