I have never had this happen before, and I am just sick about it......

We went on our summer vacation to the Southwestern US States, and I took over 1,000 pix. Amazing trip... BTW....

Our first few days we were in Vegas, then drove to the Grand Canyon and we stayed there for a few days. I have several different size compact flashes for my camera, (upgraded the sizes, as I've upgraded the camera over the years) and I had taken quite a few photos and filled up a couple of cards, so I decided to upload them to my hubby's iPad one night, to free up some room. I hadn't filled all my cards, but I just thought I'd free up some space while I had the chance.

Anyway, I don't know when it happened... or where.... either downloading to the iPad, or to my computer when we got home, but somehow when downloading my photo from several different cards, it repeated the same Image # and at some point they overrode each other and deleted my photos of our hike into the Grand Canyon. That's the only thing we could deduce that could have happened..... and I am baffled .... and sick!! I have never had that happen before... and have used several of my cards on numerous occasions, and trips.

After reading iUma's post on her Compact Flash Card failure and everyone's posts on things to try, we even tried a photo retrieval program. We recovered all kinds of past photos, but not those ones.... Of course it was everyone's most favourite things that we did on our trip....

Just wondered if this has as happened to anyone else?