Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project LifeŽ Chat With Ali Edwards

1. Thanks so much for this journal card freebie. I'd like to say I can share my Project Life pocket pages. Truth is, I don't have a single one, even though I've had good intentions to start a bunch of times. This is one of those "out of my comfort zone" styles that I want to try but as yet have not. I see so many awesome Project Life pages in gallery it's just a bit intimidating. One of these weekends I have to push myself into just doing it!
    Brenda

I want to know your opinion regarding the size of the project life. This year a see many persons make PL in Snap Binders they exchanged the PL ones for this ones. Do you think there is a size for Pl binders that are more comfortable for diferent persons. Maybe is because of that and for tinking that are rules for the project that many give up!

BTW, thanks for the freebie Ali! I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I KNOW I'll LOVE it!

Thank you Ali for the freebies and I will most definitely use those in my upcoming PL weekly pages ... I'm behind, but it has been a fun endeavor. I think I will do this every two years ... which will free me up to catch up on my work-in-progress scrapbooking albums and try out new things every other year!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jane_Bond7 View Post
    I tend to be a heavy journaler, so I LOVE your idea of the 6x12 insert, for a specific story!! Where do you find those pocket pages and who makes them?
    You can find them on Amazon . Look for Project Life 6x12.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Isabel MS View Post
    I want to know your opinion regarding the size of the project life. This year a see many persons make PL in Snap Binders they exchanged the PL ones for this ones. Do you think there is a size for Pl binders that are more comfortable for diferent persons. Maybe is because of that and for tinking that are rules for the project that many give up!
    \

No rules! I vote for making it work for you. If the smaller size works better go for it! It's more about making it work for you so you DO IT vs. trying to fit into what you see other's doing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbe View Post
    Thanks so much for this journal card freebie. I'd like to say I can share my Project Life pocket pages. Truth is, I don't have a single one, even though I've had good intentions to start a bunch of times. This is one of those "out of my comfort zone" styles that I want to try but as yet have not. I see so many awesome Project Life pages in gallery it's just a bit intimidating. One of these weekends I have to push myself into just doing it!
    I totally get it . I've got a bunch of projects with good intentions.

8. I have never really tried PL, but The more I look at Ali's books, the more I want to! Yours are just fantastic. I have always been curious - do you make a copy for each of your children or do you just have the one copy for the family? I have always tried to create pages for each of my boys and one for me. I assume future grandkids might get to have my pages when I am gone.

I have been thinking about doing a PL type album with pictures from the extended family. I would have to snatch the pictures off of Facebook, but I think it would be fun. I was considering a 2 page spread - probably only one a month to record what my nieces and nephews are doing and so that my children will know their cousins. I may try that this year.

Thanks for all the inspiration, Ali! You have such wonderful ideas!
    Tammy

9. Hi Ali, Thank you for the freebie! Do you keep separate albums for each of your children in addition to your family project life album? I am doing my PL album in digital format so I am on the fence as to either just print two copies for each of my kids or make an attempt at an individual album for each kid. Any thoughts?

Addicted to post-it notes!! Don't know how I could work without them!

11. I so like the idea of PL, but I want to do it mixed with traditional and I just can't figure it out. Do other people do this?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Tlcd1961 View Post
    I have never really tried PL, but The more I look at Ali's books, the more I want to! Yours are just fantastic. I have always been curious - do you make a copy for each of your children or do you just have the one copy for the family? I have always tried to create pages for each of my boys and one for me. I assume future grandkids might get to have my pages when I am gone.

I have been thinking about doing a PL type album with pictures from the extended family. I would have to snatch the pictures off of Facebook, but I think it would be fun. I was considering a 2 page spread - probably only one a month to record what my nieces and nephews are doing and so that my children will know their cousins. I may try that this year.

Thanks for all the inspiration, Ali! You have such wonderful ideas!
    Tammy
    I just do a family book. I figure that when the time comes they will figure it out . I also do some things that are just for each child (mini books, etc) but the Project Life albums are for everyone at this point in time.

13. Quote Originally Posted by infinitemoon View Post
    Hi Ali, Thank you for the freebie! Do you keep separate albums for each of your children in addition to your family project life album? I am doing my PL album in digital format so I am on the fence as to either just print two copies for each of my kids or make an attempt at an individual album for each kid. Any thoughts?
    I just do one Project Life album (actually it ends up being three per year for the entire year). If I did it digitally it would make sense to do a copy for each - much easier than doing the same paper album twice.

My approach has always been that I do this for me and it includes stories about them and the way I see them experiencing their lives so in that respect it makes more sense for me to just do a family book that includes all of us.

14. Quote Originally Posted by sandsock View Post
    I so like the idea of PL, but I want to do it mixed with traditional and I just can't figure it out. Do other people do this?
    Sure! People are doing it all different kinds of ways. I still do traditional and digital layouts. Currently I have a separate album for those pages + albums for Project Life. I know other people are mixing it all together - full page layouts mixed in with divided page protectors.

Before Project Life came out (in the way we know it today) I used to mix in divided page protectors with my traditional layouts - it's a fun way to do things a bit different and take advantage of the pockets that can simplify the design of the page. It's also just a great way to store receipts, notes and other papers that you might want to collect.

You could do one week every once in awhile and put that documentation into divided page protectors and add that to your traditional albums (or into your digital books).

15. Thanks for participating today! Don't forget that the sale goes until Friday at 6am EST.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Thank you Ali for all the great ideas and inspiration. Even though I do not do project life, I still love project life cards and pocket style templates especially when I want to do a LO with multiple photos. And I love using your cards and templates when I am making vacation albums.

Here is a link to my LO: http://www.designerdigitals.com/digi...-chat&cat=2549
    Betty Jo

My Gallery TFL
    Software: Adobe Photosho CS5

17. Thanks Ali. Really enjoyed this chat - great ideas and wonderful inspiration. I think I might give it a go!

Great chat and it's fun to see how different people approach and keep on track with PL. Thanks so much Ali!

19. Thanks Ali for the great tips and freebie. Now to find the mojo to catch back up.

Thanks so much for the freebie Ali. This is my 2nd year doing PL and I just love it because there are no rules!!! I started out doing a mix of digital and hybrid and now I am fully digital. I just keep a simple notebook on my desk and write down our daily happenings (very old school, but it works for me!) and try to take plenty of photos during the week (iPhone, point and shoot and DSLR). And using stock images from the internet has helped me when there have been weeks with few photos.

The PL gallery here at DD is so inspiring - I love getting new ideas from everyone!

Great chat Ali - thank you
    Jenelle

My Gallery

21. thank you so much for the freebie, Ali!

I love the idea of PL and I have attempted to do it for 2 years now, but I never get around to completing any by the end of the year My problem is that I get so overwhelmed by the number of photos and all the editing I need to do - adding word art, overlays, etc. plus cutting out words/phrases with the cameo. how do you manage to do it so easily? thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123